The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LOTS OF BREAKS FOR CANUCKS NOW ITS SOLID HOCKEY TO THE END AFTER CIRCUS ALL STAR WEEKEND

Rate this topic

Well sure has been lots of awkward pauses during the season ..its a bizarre season...glad the NHL guys stayed home from olympics and not risking further complications. as far as the NHL all star its ok fun but im thinking they need to change it up a bit..i understand you can t  compete hard like baseball cause of risk of injury but really the format is really bad even coming from vegas i think it was a flop.

All star game is for the kids so I really don't have any strong opinions on a competitive all star game. Think the only two events at all worthwhile to watch is hardest shot and fastest skater for myself. The rest is just goofy which I understand because it's aimed for kids. So it's kinda perfect. 

If only there was a hockey tournament that is highly competitive and is truly best on best hockey. Perhaps nations fighting for a gold every 4 years or something. 

4 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

All star game is for the kids so I really don't have any strong opinions on a competitive all star game. Think the only two events at all worthwhile to watch is hardest shot and fastest skater for myself. The rest is just goofy which I understand because it's aimed for kids. So it's kinda perfect. 

If only there was a hockey tournament that is highly competitive and is truly best on best hockey. Perhaps nations fighting for a gold every 4 years or something. 

Get rid of the Allstar game and just bring back peter puck. 

6 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I would love the Stanley Cup Champions to play the All-stars

(Sorry for the capitals, but they belong there!)

Probably never happen again (Teams are not the same after cup alot of times)

Plus could you imagine the Broadstreet Bullies getting lit up and Clarke taking offense and whacking a guys ankles or Shultz hammering on a stars face :)

The All star game had its purpose, before league game coverage or Olympics, Canada Cups etc as a way to bring the best players together 

As long as it makes money , I suppose it will always remain, same as other novelties like the Pet rock, sea monkeys, Mood rings etc

• Cheers 1