The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canadiens fire Dominique Ducharme, name Martin St. Louis as interim head coach

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Why not just hire Patrick Roy if they were looking for a Quebec born player coach?

At least he has actual experience…

Well he's a bit of a control freak and they don't want another guy with off-ice issues after the draft debacle.

Edited by King Heffy

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Well he's a bit of a control freak and they don't want another guy with off-ice issues after the draft debacle.

They need somebody that can take control.

Right now that organization looks like they’re letting Maggie the Monkey make the decisions.

• Haha 2

Growing up St.Louis was my favorite player. Battled his way to being one of the greats after being undrafted and deemed too small for the NHL.

But strange that they would make him head coach right away. Only experience I could find is being a special teams consultant for the blue jackets..... under the guidance of Tortorella 

16 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They have a rookie GM.  The last thing they need is a power struggle between the coach and the GM.

Gorton is running the show just like JR here.

That team needs some fire in their bellies. I’d trust Roy to get them going over MSL.

Now they have a rookie GM and a rookie coach. Tell me how well that works out again?

2 hours ago, BureBurrito said:

rough year. SC Finals to basement.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving (imo) team.

I hope they finish last every year and every year in desperation trade their 1st round pick to us for some prospect we are about to give up on.

Only until we have more Stanley Cups than them though; and then they can try to make the playoffs but fail for a few more decades.

Montreal in the sewer; sounds sweet to me.

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Not a lot makes up for the loss of personnel that they have been through.

Totally agree. But Ducharme’s coaching decisions have been consistently head scratching from day 1.  I never thought he was an upgrade from Julien. He wouldn’t have even gotten the “interim” tag removed if they hadn’t gone on thst miraculous run.  

honestly they should have sacked Burrows too.  The PP has been nothing but dismal under his direction