Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rangers and Coyotes and Knights(Optional)


Recommended Posts

Accidently clicked a button on my mouse that accepted the thread when I was half-way done.

 

Rangers trade 

 

Filip Chytil

Braden Schneider or Nils Lundkvist

Will Cuylle or Vitali Kravtsov or Zac Jones

2022 1st

Conditional 2022 4th(turns into on of their two 2022 2nds if the Rangers make the ECF).

 

Canucks trade

 

JT Miller if we retain ask for Schneider and one of Kravtsov/Cuylle instead of Jones/Lundkvist

Tyler Motte

 

 

 

Coyotes trade 

 

Lawson Crouse

 

Canucks trade 

 

Jason Dickinson

Tucker Poolman

Rangers 2021 1st

Filip Chytil or Nils Hoglander or Jack Rathbone or Zac Jones(if acquired)

Canucks 2022 4th

 

We clear cap long-term and acquire a solid PWF.

 

 

 

 

OPTIONAL GOLDEN KNIGHTS TRADE

 

Knights trade

 

Reilly Smith

 

Canucks trade

 

Jets 2022 3rd

Jacob Truscott

 

Knights need to clear cap pretty quickly and Smith would help our top 6 the rest of the way this year. 

 

 

Flame away

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Junkyard Dog changed the title to Rangers and Coyotes and Knights(Optional)
57 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Accidently clicked a button on my mouse that accepted the thread when I was half-way done.

 

Rangers trade 

 

Filip Chytil

Braden Schneider or Nils Lundkvist

Will Cuylle or Vitali Kravtsov or Zac Jones

2022 1st

Conditional 2022 4th(turns into on of their two 2022 2nds if the Rangers make the ECF).

 

Canucks trade

 

JT Miller if we retain ask for Schneider and one of Kravtsov/Cuylle instead of Jones/Lundkvist

Tyler Motte

If we're trading Miller to NYR, it's Schneider or don't do it. All other pieces are secondary in that trade. Don't really want to throw Motte or Schenn into the deal unless its absolutely necessary, because those two BRING IT every single game.

 

In the second trade, I'd prefer to trade Rathbone over Hoglander, but not sure if it's necessary to add either of them to the ARI trade.

 

I also think the Vegas trade is unnecessary. May as well not give up any picks for 1/2 a season of R Smith, just tank without Miller for rest of this season.

 

....but if we do these kinds of trades, then in the off season we should go hard after Trocheck and Domi. We could afford them on long term contracts at $7m + $4m. They are both young enough to give us 6 years of prime play. If we trade Miller we need another top center who can PK. Domi has the grit and ability to get back into the 20-30 goal pace alongside his best mate Horvat. Roll 3 scoring lines and have our 4th as an energy line:

 

Pearson Trocheck Boeser

Crouse Pettersson Podz

Domi Horvat Hogs

Highmore Lammikko Motte

(Dowling)

 

OEL Myers

Hughes Schneider

Rathbone Schenn

(Burroughs Hamonic)

 

Demko (Martin)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Accidently clicked a button on my mouse that accepted the thread when I was half-way done.

 

Rangers trade 

 

Filip Chytil

Braden Schneider or Nils Lundkvist

Will Cuylle or Vitali Kravtsov or Zac Jones

2022 1st

Conditional 2022 4th(turns into on of their two 2022 2nds if the Rangers make the ECF).

 

Canucks trade

 

JT Miller if we retain ask for Schneider and one of Kravtsov/Cuylle instead of Jones/Lundkvist

Tyler Motte

 

 

 

Coyotes trade 

 

Lawson Crouse

 

Canucks trade 

 

Jason Dickinson

Tucker Poolman

Rangers 2021 1st

Filip Chytil or Nils Hoglander or Jack Rathbone or Zac Jones(if acquired)

Canucks 2022 4th

 

We clear cap long-term and acquire a solid PWF.

 

 

 

 

OPTIONAL GOLDEN KNIGHTS TRADE

 

Knights trade

 

Reilly Smith

 

Canucks trade

 

Jets 2022 3rd

Jacob Truscott

 

Knights need to clear cap pretty quickly and Smith would help our top 6 the rest of the way this year. 

 

 

Flame away

I can't see Canucks after Smith 30 UFA in the summer? So big no to that idea...

Miller - Motte --NYR

 

Schneider 20, 6'2, 205 RD future #2 or #3-- Chytil 6'3- 210-- C - 1 yrs X 2.3 million --Barron 23, 6'4, 220 LW -- 2nd rounder 2022

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

I can't see Canucks after Smith 30 UFA in the summer? So big no to that idea...

Miller - Motte --NYR

 

Schneider 20, 6'2, 205 RD future #2 or #3-- Chytil 6'3- 210-- C - 1 yrs X 2.3 million --Barron 23, 6'4, 220 LW -- 2nd rounder 2022

If this is the return for Miller (Motte) than I’m hoping we take it.  That’s exactly what we need for now, and the future.  

Don’t want Laugher, Crappo, or Krapps

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I can't see Canucks after Smith 30 UFA in the summer? So big no to that idea...

Miller - Motte --NYR

 

Schneider 20, 6'2, 205 RD future #2 or #3-- Chytil 6'3- 210-- C - 1 yrs X 2.3 million --Barron 23, 6'4, 220 LW -- 2nd rounder 2022

Yeah the Smith trade I dubbed optional for the people who think we could compete this year. He can probably be had for cheap considering Knights need to clear cap but personally I might just keep the picks/prospects

 

8 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

If we're trading Miller to NYR, it's Schneider or don't do it. All other pieces are secondary in that trade. Don't really want to throw Motte or Schenn into the deal unless its absolutely necessary, because those two BRING IT every single game.

 

In the second trade, I'd prefer to trade Rathbone over Hoglander, but not sure if it's necessary to add either of them to the ARI trade.

 

I also think the Vegas trade is unnecessary. May as well not give up any picks for 1/2 a season of R Smith, just tank without Miller for rest of this season.

 

....but if we do these kinds of trades, then in the off season we should go hard after Trocheck and Domi. We could afford them on long term contracts at $7m + $4m. They are both young enough to give us 6 years of prime play. If we trade Miller we need another top center who can PK. Domi has the grit and ability to get back into the 20-30 goal pace alongside his best mate Horvat. Roll 3 scoring lines and have our 4th as an energy line:

 

Pearson Trocheck Boeser

Crouse Pettersson Podz

Domi Horvat Hogs

Highmore Lammikko Motte

(Dowling)

 

OEL Myers

Hughes Schneider

Rathbone Schenn

(Burroughs Hamonic)

 

Demko (Martin)

I think with the amount of wingers we're bringing in we could part with Motte. We'd also have might have one of Cuylle/Kravtsov in the system who are credible winger prospects on top of having Karlsson/Klimovich. I wouldn't want to part with Schenn either.

 

Don't have Garland in that lineup. He'd look good with his former teammate Crouse. Garland getting under peeps grill and has big ole Crouse as backup. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If this is the return for Miller (Motte) than I’m hoping we take it.  That’s exactly what we need for now, and the future.  

Don’t want Laugher, Crappo, or Krapps

Yes we have to get  top prospect back to start deal = Schneider 20 , 6'2 RD--- Chytil, Barron and 2nd RD would set future up...

 

Miller 28 1yr left 5.3 million --Motte 26 UFA summer...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Accidently clicked a button on my mouse that accepted the thread when I was half-way done.

 

Rangers trade 

 

Filip Chytil

Braden Schneider or Nils Lundkvist

Will Cuylle or Vitali Kravtsov or Zac Jones

2022 1st

Conditional 2022 4th(turns into on of their two 2022 2nds if the Rangers make the ECF).

 

Canucks trade

 

JT Miller if we retain ask for Schneider and one of Kravtsov/Cuylle instead of Jones/Lundkvist

Tyler Motte

 

 

 

Coyotes trade 

 

Lawson Crouse

 

Canucks trade 

 

Jason Dickinson

Tucker Poolman

Rangers 2021 1st

Filip Chytil or Nils Hoglander or Jack Rathbone or Zac Jones(if acquired)

Canucks 2022 4th

 

We clear cap long-term and acquire a solid PWF.

 

 

 

 

OPTIONAL GOLDEN KNIGHTS TRADE

 

Knights trade

 

Reilly Smith

 

Canucks trade

 

Jets 2022 3rd

Jacob Truscott

 

Knights need to clear cap pretty quickly and Smith would help our top 6 the rest of the way this year. 

 

 

Flame away

Vegas will be adding pick or good prospect to take Smith and the cap hit away...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Vegas will be adding pick or good prospect to take Smith and the cap hit away...

Not necessarily.  Could see Nashville taking him on for a late pick.  He's an upcoming UFA so no salary beyond this season.  Gives them a better top-6 winger to play with Johansen while not giving up much.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

If this is the return for Miller (Motte) than I’m hoping we take it.  That’s exactly what we need for now, and the future.  

Don’t want Laugher, Crappo, or Krapps

No doubt.   But if those former first overall and second overalls are busteroo's, how can you be so certain Schnieder isn't one too?   Edler actually outplayed Bourdon (RIP)....one was a high pick, the other a 3rd rounder ... so i guess it happens ... wish i had your busteroo crystal ball. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not bad trade ideas OP, really like the idea of getting a big bodied winger like Crouse. Not sure if we could send that much cap to Arizona but maybe they take Dickinson. Poolman is  a RHD, those are hard to find...we have quite a few especially if Hamonic returns from injury. None of them are high end but we could probably deal 1 of them for a pick or prospect in a seperate deal or get a bottom 6 C who can PK and win faceoffs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a fair return from the Rangers for Motte and Miller @50% would be:

Schneider

Kravstov

Jones + Barron OR Chytil, OR 2022 2nd + 1 of Jones + Barron

 

I'd take Schneider, Kravstov, Barron Jones for sure.

 

Not sure what Crouse would take.  I'd offer up Rathbone and Hoglander for sure, especially if we could include Dickinson or Poolman.

 

IN>: Schneider, Barron, Kravstov, Jones, Crouse

Out<: Motte, Miller, Hoglander, Rathbone, Dickinson/Poolman

 

We get a ton of size and youth into the lineup, and get cheaper doing so. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...