The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brad Marchand suspended 6 games

Rate this topic

What a goof. Honestly, at this stage I don't care how good he is as a hockey player (he is), he's absolute trash. The way he responds to others is juvenile and very undisciplined. He's a smear on the name of hockey and it's almost time to make him go away.

• Vintage 2

He is a sick individual.

He needs help.

I hope he doesn't get it.

Kick him to the curb with the other dirty rats.

Go Fund Me - Proceeds to pay for legal costs and fines to anyone that ends his hockey career.

Or to the first guy who really nails him; and start anew, building cash for the next guy hero.

"Hurry and Hit the Rat Before Someone Else Does!"

Collect the money.

Rinse and Repeat.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, khay said:

Good. I hope they go on a 6 game losing streak, the Islanders go on a major winning streak and take the Bruins out of the playoffs.

6 freakin games?!?!

Well, I guess that's said and done.

But the next time, and it shouldn't be long with this screwhead, everybody on both teams should just jump him and pound his beak into the ice.

Petition the NHLPA to revoke his membership to stop any further physical, mental, and sexual abuse from this maniac on the rest of the association.

10 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

6 freakin games?!?!

Well, I guess that's said and done.

But the next time, and it shouldn't be long with this screwhead, everybody on both teams should just jump him and pound his beak into the ice.

Petition the NHLPA to revoke his membership to stop any further physical, mental, and sexual abuse from this maniac on the rest of the association.

I thought 6 games is fair given that his actions were stupid but not really harmful. 

He got 6 games because of his past history and if he still doesn't learn, then the number of games will keep on increasing.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, khay said:

I thought 6 games is fair given that his actions were stupid but not really harmful. 

He got 6 games because of his past history and if he still doesn't learn, then the number of games will keep on increasing.

He is not learning anything except that he can get away with being a dangerous, repeat offender.

He has no respect for the other players and deliberately attempts to cause serious injury.

He was already off his nut when he sucker-punched the goalie and was still completely insane to push the linesman out of the way and stick his stick in his face.

They should have brought out the straight-jacket and hauled him off to the looney bin. 

6 games is probably fair based on his history and the severity of the infractions.

But to me, by this point, it's not about the infraction itself. It's about the fact he does this all. the. time. It's disgraceful, but because he's an effective player they let it continue. The only way he's going to "get it" is if he's made to sit out a quarter or half a season if he keeps it up. I think the league needs to make a stand and make it clear that his antics are not acceptable. Luckily this time it didn't cause injury, but next time it well might, as it has many times before.

Edited by kloubek
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

He is not learning anything except that he can get away with being a dangerous, repeat offender.

He has no respect for the other players and deliberately attempts to cause serious injury.

He was already off his nut when he sucker-punched the goalie and was still completely insane to push the linesman out of the way and stick his stick in his face.

They should have brought out the straight-jacket and hauled him off to the looney bin. 

If it's up to me, he'd be out of the league.

The only cup they have is the one they stole from us with that BS suspension on Rome that was already injury plagued on defence.

And yet, he continues to feel so proud about that one ring that he has. Obviously he's proud being a member of a thieving group.

1 minute ago, khay said:

If it's up to me, he'd be out of the league.

The only cup they have is the one they stole from us with that BS suspension on Rome that was already injury plagued on defence.

And yet, he continues to feel so proud about that one ring that he has. Obviously he's proud being a member of a thieving group.

These thing have to be dealt with properly or else we end up with guys getting suspended (and worse) for delivering their own 'frontier justice'.

The NHL, the NHLPA, the players and their lawyers and agents, should insist that repeat offenders that injure other players intentionally are not allowed to play.

Moore got nothing for taking out the top forward in the league and Bert and the Canucks paid such a heavy price for it with the league's blessing and the managed-media misreporting of events.

Rome was such a blatant example of the old boys club taking care of business like the backroom bandits they have always been.

In the earlier run, our top defenseman, Brown, had his wrist broken by a (spit, spit) Messier Slash, and did not play the rest of the way.

The cherry on top was the 5 minute major they gave to Brown!

I guess it was for putting his wrists in a vulnerable position, and leaving them there a split-second too long, and forcing The Greatest Leader in All Professional Sports to break them.

(At least that's the way I remember it; now that I've typed it I better try and look it up.  WARNING:  OLD FART MEMORY AT PLAY; THINGS MAY NOT HAVE BEEN AS THEY ARE REMEMBERED HEREIN.)

We got jobbed by the refs in that series but Les Nordiques got it even worse in their series against the Ranjerks that year.

The Fix Was In; same as it always was, same as it always is, same as it always is...

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

These thing have to be dealt with properly or else we end up with guys getting suspended (and worse) for delivering their own 'frontier justice'.

The NHL, the NHLPA, the players and their lawyers and agents, should insist that repeat offenders that injure other players intentionally are not allowed to play.

Moore got nothing for taking out the top forward in the league and Bert and the Canucks paid such a heavy price for it with the league's blessing and the managed-media misreporting of events.

Rome was such a blatant example of the old boys club taking care of business like the backroom bandits they have always been.

In the earlier run, our top defenseman, Brown, had his wrist broken by a (spit, spit) Messier Slash, and did not play the rest of the way.

The cherry on top was the 5 minute major they gave to Brown!

I guess it was for putting his wrists in a vulnerable position, and leaving them there a split-second too long, and forcing The Greatest Leader in All Professional Sports to break them.

(At least that's the way I remember it; now that I've typed it I better try and look it up.  WARNING:  OLD FART MEMORY AT PLAY; THINGS MAY NOT HAVE BEEN AS THEY ARE REMEMBERED HEREIN.)

We got jobbed by the refs in that series but Les Nordiques got it even worse in their series against the Ranjerks that year.

The Fix Was In; same as it always was, same as it always is, same as it always is...

Messier is a jerk.

Messier and Marchand. Two of the most hated players among the Canucks fans. Keith too. He took Daniel out and potentially an easy path to the cup for us in 2012.

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

During the game(not during play) Jarry tried to give a Penguins fan in Boston a souvenir puck. Marchand skated by and knocked the puck away from Jarry.

Chances are that puck would have ended up being caught by a Bruins fan too. Smooth move Ratboy!