The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Pavel Zacha

Just now, hammertime said:

Garland is locked up through his prime and is ready to go full St Louis as much as I love me some Hog Garland is literally his cieling and only getting better.

Hoglander is essentially locked up, too. He's an RFA for a while and his next contract will likely be small given it's his first coming out of his ELC.

Zacha shouldn't be too expensive, we shouldn't need to trade prime assets for him.

• Cheers 1

Not really sure where the fit is. I am guessing he wants out cause he wants top 6 looks. But is also a center, 46% career faceoff percentage is pretty decent. Soooooo, what would be the plan for him here? I doubt he gets moved and settles in on our 3rd line, if he was fine with that role he'd just stay in New Jersey. They are young and have a good mix of up and coming studs. Unless he just really dislikes the city I guess, but is fine with a 3rd line role just not with them. A lot to like about him, don't get me wrong. Just not sure what the fit would be.

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

Hoglander is essentially locked up, too. He's an RFA for a while and his next contract will likely be small given it's his first coming out of his ELC.

Zacha shouldn't be too expensive, we shouldn't need to trade prime assets for him.

Brock brok brok Brokkok! 

Run Away GIF

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Boeser going the other way makes more sense here.

As long as NJD is willing to take on a Pearson or Poolman to make up the difference in value, I'd be okay with that.

I don't know why we would trade Garland. He's one of our few good players that plays up to his contract and never cheats you for effort unlike most of our other forwards.

Management needs to shed salary somewhere. Garland is good value that’s true. Top six player for $5M. We’d need a good player back at a cost control. Zacha would be RFA, which means he’s a cost controlled player right? 

They’re about the same age at 24/25 years old. But unlike Garland, Zacha would be up for a new deal. Could he demand something similar to Garland if not more? 

17 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Yeah it would be  trade Zacha 25, 6'3 -- GP 50 - ( 17 G )last season-- Garland 26, 5'10..

I would make the trade bigger body- Basic same point totals in last 3 seasons...Zacha RFA this summer will demand 4.5 -- 4.9 million

Disagree.  Strong 3-3.5M comparables.  I just signed him in a fantasy league haha. 4 years 3.5M

Edited by 70seven

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Management needs to shed salary somewhere. Garland is good value that’s true. Top six player for $5M. We’d need a good player back at a cost control. Zacha would be RFA, which means he’s a cost controlled player right? 

They’re about the same age at 24/25 years old. But unlike Garland, Zacha would be up for a new deal. Could he demand something similar to Garland if not more? 

Yeah that doesn't shed much salary. Zacha will get "Pearson money" at the minimum.

Something like Boeser + Poolman opens up 6~ mil in space lol

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Boeser going the other way makes more sense here.

As long as NJD is willing to take on a Pearson or Poolman to make up the difference in value, I'd be okay with that.

I don't know why we would trade Garland. He's one of our few good players that plays up to his contract and never cheats you for effort unlike most of our other forwards.

100% would do Boeser over Garland.

Garland may not be the largest but his engine is like that of an endless muscle car vs Boesers that is a temperamental sports car with a will it/won't it work.  

Boeser for Zacha 1-1 maybe not but if they added a pick in the later round I'd absolutely do that without blinking.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Not really sure where the fit is. I am guessing he wants out cause he wants top 6 looks. But is also a center, 46% career faceoff percentage is pretty decent. Soooooo, what would be the plan for him here? I doubt he gets moved and settles in on our 3rd line, if he was fine with that role he'd just stay in New Jersey. They are young and have a good mix of up and coming studs. Unless he just really dislikes the city I guess, but is fine with a 3rd line role just not with them. A lot to like about him, don't get me wrong. Just not sure what the fit would be.

My guess is that they're considering Zacha if they're considering moving Miller. If Miller's gone then Zacha would get an opportunity in the top 6. Zacha 50%+ he last couple of years on the dot. He also plays a bit of a two-way role and can PK but hasn't PKed as much this year compared to previous years where he was a mainstay.

There's no way we can currently re-sign Zacha. Not sure Devils would be interested in Boeser over Garland. Boeser has a 7.5M qualifying offer whereas Garland's locked up at a reasonable cap hit and term.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

100% would do Boeser over Garland.

Garland may not be the largest but his engine is like that of an endless muscle car vs Boesers that is a temperamental sports car with a will it/won't it work.  

Boeser for Zacha 1-1 maybe not but if they added a pick in the later round I'd absolutely do that without blinking.

NYR

Boeser

Höglander

2nd ‘22

VAN

1st ‘22

Schneider

Chytil

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

doesn't fight. Dickinson same size and is soft. Garland plays with more bite and fire

Never seen him play. Doesn’t need to fight… but he’s soft to play against? We don’t want that.

We want to truculate.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

NYR

Boeser

VAN

1st ‘22

Schneider

Rags pass. They can't afford to re-sign Boeser. Only could use cheaper guys 1-2 years like Miller cause they have youngsters to re-sign. Also they likely value 1st + Schneider way more than Boeser.

• Vintage 1