The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

I was a big Hoglander fan and really wanted to see him succeed, but for whatever reason he is dragging down every line he's on. Petey would have had at least 1 maybe 2 points if Hoglander could finish. 

Hes in his 2nd season.  He looks good with petey and podz. I dont know what your watching 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Spin it however you like, we weren't the better team tonight 

But that's Canucks all the way, beat teams better than us but play down to the level of inferior opponents 

this bolded is true.

but the other part is not a spin. sports is the only place I express tribalism.

F. The. Leafs. 

they have no class nor do their fans in our building

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Spin it however you like, we weren't the better team tonight 

But that's Canucks all the way, beat teams better than us but play down to the level of inferior opponents 

We are not the better team. Leafs have a better roster  no doubt. Tonight showed character though. Not having Hughes is a huge hole but the guys pushed clawed till the end. Demko is also a superstar 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I was a big Hoglander fan and really wanted to see him succeed, but for whatever reason he is dragging down every line he's on. Petey would have had at least 1 maybe 2 points if Hoglander could finish. 

Not sure if he’s dragging down anyone, but he doesn’t contribute as much as he did when Green was coach. 

Probably was a Green fave.

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Hes in his 2nd season.  He looks good with petey and podz. I dont know what your watching 

He is starting to pick up his defensive game. I'll give him that. Petey and Podz have some good chemistry, but Hogs is struggling a lot. Sophomore slump maybe. He used to have some smooth hands but he seems to have lost a step and his creativity has dried up.

Just now, bishopshodan said:

this bolded is true.

but the other part is not a spin. sports is the only place I express tribalism.

F. The. Leafs. 

they have no class nor do their fans in our building

Don't get me wrong, the Leafs and Oilers are the teams I hate the most. But I'm still willing to call a spade a spade. Demko's the only reason we won that game, we had no business being in either the second or third period. 

But that's hockey, sometimes you win games you don't deserve to win and lose games you probably shouldn't have lost. 

I'm a Canucks fan, not a Canucks homer. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1