The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

If this team doesn't take advantage of the fact Demko is on a huge value deal right now, then they're gonna price themselves out of a contender in 4 years.

Demko is our Mackinnon in terms of contract value.  Trading Miller now would be a huge mistake.

Oh God here we go again about Miller there's 500 trading miller threads already including ones started by you lol. You don't stubbornly keep players for the reason you stated above. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, x00x said:

we woulda lost big time if it werent for demko, we are not ready for the playoffs, sorry...giving up those many chances and relying on demko to stand on his head, wont cut it.....and i really hope we trade jt cause he can net us so much young talent its not even funny

Oh come on this was one of the few times since months ago where we got dominated.

Way to over react. I've watched plenty of "cup teams get dominated" it happens.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Don't get me wrong, the Leafs and Oilers are the teams I hate the most. But I'm still willing to call a spade a spade. Demko's the only reason we won that game, we had no business being in either the second or third period. 

But that's hockey, sometimes you win games you don't deserve to win and lose games you probably shouldn't have lost. 

I'm a Canucks fan, not a Canucks homer. 

For sure. I fully agree as Oilers and Leafs are my two most hated as well. We didn't deserve this one, but I can't quite smiling. Lol. 

• Vintage 2

Just now, stawns said:

He was awful in this game, outside of the first

Yeah, he needs to go... he's a step behind the play all the time.  Sucks cuz I like him as a person.  Seems like a great character guy... but man, he looks brutal out there a lot of the time.

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Demko is the best player on our team.

He part of the team. If he is the reason we won. Is that not like OV scoring like he does every night?

Some remove the goal position from team evaluation these days.

No, it's not the same actually. Not even remotely. 

Demko stops pucks, only one player on the team stops pucks. If Ovi isn't scoring every night they're still a powerhouse team that wins more than it loses, and have been for the most part since his rookie season. If Demko doesn't stand on his head tonight we don't win, plain and simple. 

Demko's the only reason we won, because they could have easily run up the score during the second and third if he'd been anything less than spectacular. 

12 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I was a big Hoglander fan and really wanted to see him succeed, but for whatever reason he is dragging down every line he's on. Petey would have had at least 1 maybe 2 points if Hoglander could finish. 

Gotta concur. Maybe some time in Abbie. He's kind of vanished.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Coconuts said:

No, it's not the same actually. Not even remotely. 

Demko stops pucks, only one player on the team stops pucks. If Ovi isn't scoring every night they're still a powerhouse team that wins more than it loses, and have been for the most part since his rookie season. If Demko doesn't stand on his head tonight we don't win, plain and simple. 

Demko's the only reason we won, because they could have easily run up the score during the second and third if he'd been anything less than spectacular. 

an all star is an all star.

• Vintage 2