The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (13-19) 2022

Rate this topic

Boldly has a hat trick. We can cry and complain all we want but we're the sole reason for our lack of blue line depth and star power. 

Podkolzin is good in his own right, (we'll see if he takes another step) but you can't deny boldly is already more valuable. We need to take shots on these guys at the draft.

Whether we trade up to a spot or one falls to us, we need to leave the draft with one of Nemec or jiricek.

Edited by 73 Percent

Jets lost earlier, Oil are up 3-0. Likely no three point game, which is good, but I figure Edmonton's got the better playoff shot of the two anyway so I'm not sure how much it matters. 

Sharks are missing Karlsson, and are 3-4-3 in their last 10. Oil are 6-3-1 in their last 10. 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Jets lost earlier, Oil are up 3-0. Likely no three point game, which is good, but I figure Edmonton's got the better playoff shot of the two anyway so I'm not sure how much it matters. 

Sharks are missing Karlsson, and are 3-4-3 in their last 10. Oil are 6-3-1 in their last 10. 

San Jose winning would have been the better result.

But we absolutely couldn’t afford a 3 point game.

We actually need the Oilers to take care of business in the next two games and knock off the Kings and Ducks.

Important to not fall further back of those two.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

San Jose winning would have been the better result.

But we absolutely couldn’t afford a 3 point game.

We actually need the Oilers to take care of business in the next two games and knock off the Kings and Ducks.

Important to not fall further back of those two.

Yeah, that's a fair point I suppose, I just see San Jose as a team that's floundering and more likely to tumble down the standings than make any meaningful headway 

They're caught in a tough no man's land, their best players are all on the wrong side of 30 and their goaltending hasn't been good enough for them to compete 

Too good to bottom out for high picks, but likely not good enough to compete for a divisional spot 

I could see Edmonton beating Anaheim, not so sure about LA though, I've really been impressed by them and wouldn't have predicted they'd be in the mix for a divisional spot this season 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah, that's a fair point I suppose, I just see San Jose as a team that's floundering and more likely to tumble down the standings than make any meaningful headway 

They're caught in a tough no man's land, their best players are all on the wrong side of 30 and their goaltending hasn't been good enough for them to compete 

Too good to bottom out for high picks, but likely not good enough to compete for a divisional spot 

I could see Edmonton beating Anaheim, not so sure about LA though, I've really been impressed by them and wouldn't have predicted they'd be in the mix for a divisional spot this season 

Yea if I had to guess I would say the Kings beat the Oilers tomorrow with Smith in net.

Best thing for us is that they’re not 3 point games, and obviously us winning our games to keep pace.

As long as one team we’re chasing fails to gets points we can at least chip away a bit.

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea if I had to guess I would say the Kings beat the Oilers tomorrow with Smith in net.

Best thing for us is that they’re not 3 point games, and obviously us winning our games to keep pace.

As long as one team we’re chasing fails to gets points we can at least chip away a bit.

I'm still astounded Edmonton thought Smith was a good idea. He hasn't been bad, but he isn't durable and he won't be getting any better. 

And yup, gotta win though. As of late as we've really done is play .500 hockey. If they can't string together wins sooner than later I could see management pulling the trigger, I really don't think a middling Canucks team gets the rest of the season to run out the string. 

• Cheers 1

Not sure if the standings have been updated, but it looks like Edmonton's a point ahead of us now with four games in hand. They've won their way back into the mix given the games in hand they've got on the teams in front of them and behind them. Only divisional team with the same amount of games played is Calgary, and I don't see Edmonton being good enough to catch Calgary. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Not sure if the standings have been updated, but it looks like Edmonton's a point ahead of us now with four games in hand. They've won their way back into the mix given the games in hand they've got on the teams in front of them and behind them. Only divisional team with the same amount of games played is Calgary, and I don't see Edmonton being good enough to catch Calgary. 

They’re 3 points ahead now with 3 games in hand. 

• Cheers 1