The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (13-19) 2022

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I also just know from us facing those teams that the ice is always tilted.

Bettman will have his refs putting in the work to make sure a small market team like Calgary doesn’t get past LA or Vegas.

Wish I didn’t think that poorly of the NHL but I’ve seen too much to know it’s a corrupt league.

Ehh, bottom line is you're right, we've seen it too many times 

I think LA's been one of the better divisional teams, but I still have a hard time seeing them knock off Calgary 

We'll see what happens, Edmonton surprised me and won, there are now three teams firmly in pursuit of that third spot 

I don't include us in that group, we'll need to put together an actual lengthy win streak to curb my skepticism 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Ehh, bottom line is you're right, we've seen it too many times 

I think LA's been one of the better divisional teams, but I still have a hard time seeing them knock off Calgary 

We'll see what happens, Edmonton surprised me and won, there are now three teams firmly in pursuit of that third spot 

I don't include us in that group, we'll need to put together an actual lengthy win streak to curb my skepticism 

Have a hard time seeing Anaheim hanging on.  Verbeek made it clear that he has no intention of losing their UFAs for nothing - Manson, Lindholm, Rakell could all be moved by the TDL if they don't agree on an extension by then.  Doesn't feel likely that they'll bring all 3 back given their rebuild.  

12 minutes ago, mll said:

Have a hard time seeing Anaheim hanging on.  Verbeek made it clear that he has no intention of losing their UFAs for nothing - Manson, Lindholm, Rakell could all be moved by the TDL if they don't agree on an extension by then.  Doesn't feel likely that they'll bring all 3 back given their rebuild.  

Anaheim's got the tougher schedule of the three tbh, whereas LA's actually got quite a cozy schedule to finish the season. They've got plenty of games left against teams they should absolutely beat. Edmonton's schedule is more a mixed bag, without many gimmes, but it's better than Anaheim's. 

If one of the three falls of you're probably right about it being Anaheim. But I don't see them falling out of the mix really benefitting us, as I don't see us making up enough ground on whoever's in third or right behind them before management pulls the trigger on a significant trade. If we continue this trend of .500 hockey we likely see one a week or two leading up the the deadline imo, maybe sooner. New York and Vancouver look to be negotiating through the media right now. 

If they want to give management pause they'll need to put together an extended win streak sooner than later, but I don't know if even that'd be enough if New York or another team is prepared to pony up a significant package for Miller. 

Edited by Coconuts

Yes, the Flames look very good, but with injuries, COVID, etc., you never know what will

happen in the future. The players support one another, and the forwards work hard and

back check. Marky, Tanev, and Gudbranson have sure played well. :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, allegend said:

Yes, the Flames look very good, but with injuries, COVID, etc., you never know what will

Injuries is now the next thing for top elite teams. Of course not on key positions like Goaltending. 

But it allows teams that are already good despite inquired in the Defense and Forward position to go over the cap.