The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Islanders and Canucks Trade Proposal

Boeser

Poolman

for 

Dobson

Palmeri (1mil retained)

The Islanders needs scoring badly.  Palmeri has one goal in 29 games and has 4 years at 5m left.  Boeser would be a huge upgrade on that.  Dobson is somewhat expendable because of Pulock.  Who is just now healthy...

Dobson would be a massive add long term as a Hughes partner for a legit top pair.

If Palmeri doesn't pick it up here send him to Arizona.  He has negative value, but a team like Arizona would love to take a shot on him in the hopes that he improves.  It might only take a 2nd round pick to pawn him of on the Coyotes.

Poolman is locked in for 4 years as a RHD.  Its more about freeing up a roster spot for the Canucks and replacing the spot for the Islanders in their lineup.

Call me crazy but this seems really fair.  If not Dobson then Pulock would be suitable alternative even though he is 5 years older.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

But the amount Palmieri sucks isn't made up for by Dobson who is an RFA and kids these days are getting paid. 

Palmeri scored 25 pretty consistently until last year, so I wouldn't say he is a complete bust; but this is the epitome of buying low.  Digging in the trash can if you will...

I don't think they would do Dobson for Boeser straight up, so you have to make it fit.  If Palmeri stays and Boeser is added, then the cap space going to forwards is just way too much for them.  They have to get some relief in a trade like this.

6 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Palmeri scored 25 pretty consistently until last year, so I wouldn't say he is a complete bust; but this is the epitome of buying low.  Digging in the trash can if you will...

I don't think they would do Dobson for Boeser straight up, so you have to make it fit.  If Palmeri stays and Boeser is added, then the cap space going to forwards is just way too much for them.  They have to get some relief in a trade like this.

Dobson is getting high praise from Trotz.  Don't see them willing to move him at all.  Pulock signed an extension that starts only next season - doubt he would be available either.

Trotz commented earlier that he thinks their struggles were mostly because of a depleted D-corps.  I think they'll try to fix that 1st - ie adding reinforcements to Dobson, Pulock and Pelech who look to be untouchables.  Their D-corps took a hit without Toews and Leddy and can't see them wanting to weaken it further.  

Edited by mll

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Dobson is getting high praise from Trotz.  Don't see them willing to move him at all.  Pulock signed an extension that starts only next season - doubt he would be available either.

Trotz commented earlier that he thinks their struggles were mostly because of a depleted D-corps.  I think they'll try to fix that 1st - ie adding reinforcements to Dobson, Pulock and Pelech who look to be untouchables.  Their D-corps took a hit without Toews and Leddy and can't see them wanting to weaken it further.  

The Islanders are dead last in the league in scoring one goal behind Montreal.  Regardless of what the coach is saying, the team doesn't score enough.  Boeser in the lineup instead of Palmeri helps that a lot. 

18 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

The Islanders are dead last in the league in scoring one goal behind Montreal.  Regardless of what the coach is saying, the team doesn't score enough.  Boeser in the lineup instead of Palmeri helps that a lot. 

They can't move the puck out of their zone. That's primarily a D issue.  

Vancouver btw are 3rd last in 5v5 scoring - only Montreal and Chicago score less per game.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, hammertime said:

But the amount Palmieri sucks isn't made up for by Dobson who is an RFA and kids these days are getting paid

Boeser's getting $7.5 mil for his QO, so I think price-wise we'll be pretty even (I wonder if Dobson gets a bridge deal for around $6 mil?)
Brock at $7.5 and Poolman at $2.5 = Dobson's ~$6 (using this number since I think they bridged Pulock and Pelech for around $5, so Noah might get a bit more, but I wonder if he'll reach Hughes level without Hughes scoring) and Palmieri $4 mil.  Can always add to either side to make it work but I think the value would be fairly even (disregarding preconceived notions about positional players inherently having more value, e.g. top RHD > top winger, if the crappy value of the added player e.g. Palmieri is bad enough it could justify the swap IMO).

2 hours ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Boeser

Poolman

for 

Dobson

Palmeri (1mil retained)

The Islanders needs scoring badly.  Palmeri has one goal in 29 games and has 4 years at 5m left.  Boeser would be a huge upgrade on that.  Dobson is somewhat expendable because of Pulock.  Who is just now healthy...

Dobson would be a massive add long term as a Hughes partner for a legit top pair.

If Palmeri doesn't pick it up here send him to Arizona.  He has negative value, but a team like Arizona would love to take a shot on him in the hopes that he improves.  It might only take a 2nd round pick to pawn him of on the Coyotes.

Poolman is locked in for 4 years as a RHD.  Its more about freeing up a roster spot for the Canucks and replacing the spot for the Islanders in their lineup.

Call me crazy but this seems really fair.  If not Dobson then Pulock would be suitable alternative even though he is 5 years older.

in principle  i like the idea but i dont think the coyotes are plannign on taking on 4 year dead weight. The cap dumps they took on had like 1-2 years left, and they stocked up on draft picks. They're probably planning on being a pretty good team in 4 years.

2 hours ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

I think NYI would want a younger winger that can score 25-30 goals? Playing with talented Barzal Boeser would score 35 goals..

NYI should be all over the trade....

Dobson 22, 6'4, 200lbs

We don't want Palmeri 31 with 3yrs left at 5 million....Vancouver want to free up cap space not add.....

Proven young forward Boeser ---- Dobson RD man big bonus-- RFA this summer will demand 2 yrs X 2.8 million show me more deal..

I would make this trade we need a young RD man under 25....Dobson future #2 or #3 ,,,