The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Excited, NOT Stressed.

Rate this topic

MJDDawg

1 hour ago, thrago said:

We need roughly 49 points out of the 66 available to us which is 75% of the points, I'm pretty sure we can give that dream up, now.

If we look at historical data, it take about .570 - .590 to make the playoffs and grab a final playoff spot (90 - 98 points)

Not saying that this won't be tight, but running .660 - .670 the rest of the way, would give us about 95 points, and right on the doorstep.

Our record since BB took over the bench is, .667, so exactly in line.

Considering how many key guys we have had out of the lineup through that stretch, due to Covid etc, it is "Doable"

All depends on us staying healthy, but our schedule is easier in the last part of the year, so, it IS possible.

7 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

I just miss playoff hockey so much. 4-3-3 last 10 games. We obviously wont make it playing .500 hockey. Need a few good winning streaks. Go Nucks  

Yeah me too. I miss it so much. The excitement in anticipation of a playoff game can't be replaced by much else.

We have 8 games followed by a 7 game home stand and then we get to TDL. If we can put together 10-12 wins in the 15 games prior to the deadline, I would feel that we have a chance.

I think it's possible. I believe. GCG!!!!

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

If we look at historical data, it take about .570 - .590 to make the playoffs and grab a final playoff spot (90 - 98 points)

Not saying that this won't be tight, but running .660 - .670 the rest of the way, would give us about 95 points, and right on the doorstep.

Considering how many key guys we have had out of the lineup through that stretch, due to Covid etc, it is "Doable"

All depends on us staying healthy, but our schedule is easier in the last part of the year, so, it IS possible.

It's doable I agree but the last part of our schedule isn't easy. 

After the deadline, we have 9 games against Western conference powerhouse teams (Avs, VGKx3, Wilds x2, Blues x2, Flames).

4 easy games: Kraken, Sens, Coyotes x 2.

5 games against playoff contenders: Kings, Oilers, Stars x2, Sharks.

We need to win 11 games out of 15 games leading up to the deadline (22 points). And win 12 games out of 17 games in the last part of our schedule. For example, we need to break .500 against the playoff teams (4-4-1), win 4 easy games (4-0-0), and win 4 out of the 5 against the playoff contenders (4-1-0).

That will get us to 97 points, which should get us.

We need like 23-9-1 record. If we make it, it will be a bordering miracle.

Edited by khay
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, khay said:

It's doable I agree but the last part of our schedule isn't easy. 

After the deadline, we have 9 games against Western conference powerhouse teams (Avs, VGKx3, Wilds x2, Blues x2, Flames).

4 easy games: Kraken, Sens, Coyotes x 2.

5 games against playoff contenders: Kings, Oilers, Stars x2, Sharks.

We need to win 11 games out of 15 games leading up to the deadline (22 points). And win 12 games out of 17 games in the last part of our schedule. For example, we need to break .500 against the playoff teams (4-4-1), win 4 easy games (4-0-0), and win 4 out of the 5 against the playoff contenders (4-1-0).

That will get us to 97 points, which should get us.

We need like 23-9-1 record. If we make it, it will be a bordering miracle.

Time will tell. Our ability to make it, is partially reliant upon Los Angeles and Anaheim fading. If we can stay healthy and they fade, we've got a shot at least.

Now, that said, I'm completely good with us missing, if the trades are there which will make us substantially better next year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I see the possibility of trades happening in this order.............

#1. Hoglander

Hoglander is on his ELC this and next year; plays his arse off.

JR has a stated goal of saving cap.  That speaks more to trading Garland and moving Hogz up the line up.  Probably not his first option, but among the most likely because we have Hogz as depth!

• Cheers 1

#1 Moves?

Move CAP, even if the return is low / break even; Hamonic & OEL. Next Myer's, although we need his size.

#2 Move?  Pearson.  Should get something. Not ground breakin; 2knd? 3rd and 5th?

#3 Moves??  Miller, Boeser or Garland, in that order if and when the return is ideal.

#4 Moves; Motte, Horvat. Horvat only once all the above explored.

7 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

My guess is Allvin will wait until the TDL, play the patience game. But I also expect there to be a flurry of activity for the Canucks at this time. Team like NYR, FLA, CAR and BOS will be wanting to shore up their rosters for a deep run.

I see Vegas has caught on to the Lightning's plan - How to Cheat your way to a Cup, with sitting Stone for the rest of the year. Eichel joins them as well.

so yeah, Canucks eh?  Maybe Dickinson will start scoring :lol:

Main difference is that VGK do not have a world class goalie and the Lightning's D-core for those cup runs is superior. 

Ya I'll reserve judgement until JR and co actually do something. I find the posturing pretty underwhelming. I find Alvin a pretty meh hire it's clearly the JR show I would have liked to see him bring in someone hungry with presence and a take charge attitude. I don't have any impression at all that Alvin is a leader who's gonna take the bull by the horns at any point. 

So far I'm uninspired. I'm very much looking forward to some inspiring actions from JR/Alvin because this team needs a man/woman of action in the driver's seat.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I hope your right and I'm wrong, honestly, I just don't see it.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

Also just to be clear - a trade now to help us get there would be a JB move and would be shocked to see that happen.   Instead i'm expecting some key players out.   JR Allvin era will want to put their stamp on the franchise, just like JB did with his signings and Kesler when he came here. 

I hope your right, this glimmer of hope which is really unrealistic scares me honestly.  I'm tired of this team not doing the right thing just because the fans have this unrealistic hope the team will make the playoffs.  I want to have faith in the new management team but until they do I have to assume they wont, just like every Canucks management team I can remember before them. 

• 1 month later...

Let’s see what they actually do before we get excited. New management does not mean new direction or that they will do any better then what we have seen in the past. I’ll get excited if I see moves that make sense. More then what we just saw

• Cheers 1