The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday, February 17, 2022 Vancouver Canucks (22-21-6) @ San Jose Sharks (22-21-4) 7:30pm (Don't be a) SAP Center SNPTV and 650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

These late starts actually pmo. Like is it really 30 minutes lighter in San Jose than us? Like maybe just create a time zone for yourselves, California. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Ya I get that sense as well and I'm not a big of JR  when it comes to trades and hearing Zacha and Kravstov cements that for me. I know he's not the GM but him hiring a rookie GM makes me think he's gonna be pretty hands on at least temporary. 

When I hear things like wanting to shed cap and hear the names of our best players to accomplish that seems wrong to me.

Shedding cap should be done with players that can be replaced internally or acquired for cheap.

But hopefully starting tonight we go on a run forcing JR to keep the team as is and maybe even add some depth

By the same token, being up against the cap and missing the playoffs potentially 2 years in a row and 6 of the last 7 seems wrong to a lot of people too. If you've spent all your money signing players that are supposed to make a difference and bring the team to the next level and it isn't happening then something's wrong. Albeit it's a different team under Bruce but they've cooled off a bit. 

At the end of the day, when you have no cap room it's very difficult to improve the team...it's as simple as that. At a certain point they have to look at why we are where we are. Our Blueline is the 3rd highest paid in the league and at the bottom of it in scoring (I know that's not everything but pretty important with big money). I understand some fans want to do nothing and see how it plays out, but the GM has to take advantage of assets while they are still worth something. Keeping Miller, Boeser is an option but that leaves no money to make improvements of any kind, they will address the blue line - that's almost a given. 

The previous regime would stand pat if there was any glimmer of hope for the playoffs and we all considered squeaking in a low seed as a win. At a certain point we have to aim higher than that....the goal shouldn't be to squeak into the last seed or fight for a wild card spot. This regime has a higher bar than that...and the current constructed roster likely won't do it. I'm ok with them exploring ways to give us cap flexibility and get faster, younger and more competitive. JR's bar is higher than meaningful games in March - he's made that clear.

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'd be curious to see where they are in goals for per game since Bruce came aboard...you'd think that only giving up 2.21 GPG would yield more consistent results but the problem is consistent offense. The fact that the Kraken are ahead of us in goals per game is concerning. If we put the puck in the net more I like our odds. 

Edited by Harold Drunken

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Just noted your time difference and already unable to drive.

So the game starts at 3:30 tomorrow morning there?

Maybe you need chemical assistance...

Snorting Cocaine GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It's the curse of following a west coast team. Normally I do alright but today I'd convinced myself it was 4.30pm/12.30am. Currently working as slowly as I can through one of these.

3963759b3f1331c98067536a08b5fe92_640x640.jpg.425610e870b3cee0e0b864c3463cbca1.jpg

Obviously no further chemical assistance required.

Unless you're offering?

Edited by Biff Tannen

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Last game Myers made three or four defensive plays that would have resulted in grade A scoring chances.   So not sure where your going with this.   Hamonic didn't have a great game 

i just think OEL plays more passive and defence orientated when he plays with Myers which hurts his offence. I would rather have OEL with someone more defence minded so OEL can produce more points and it would be good for the team to have OEL produce points since right now the only persion who conitrubutes on offence singificantly from our D corps is Hughes

• Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It's this guy ... he eats sharks for breakfast! ;)

spacer.png

Quoted cuz it deserves it; thanks again.

That was accompanied by a ROAR!

And wasn't it his first goal? 

Ladies and Gentlemen (etc.):

Your New Look Vancouver Canucks (no longer fun to play against).

• Like 1