The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (20-26) 2022

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

One of the biggest mistakes Benning made in his tenure.

This teams penalty kill and shutdown game fell apart without him.

Agreed, and I was on board with letting him go at the time. I never thought he'd be this healthy in Calgary, but moving on has been a breath of fresh air for his career unfortunately. I still question whether he'd been able to stay healthy if he'd stuck around, as I figure some of our injury troubles were a result of Green and Baumgartner's systems, but there's no debating that we miss what he brought.

When Calgary makes the playoffs I'll be rooting for them because the the absurd number of ex-Canucks they've got. Assuming we don't make it of course, which is which has been my belief for months. 

Yeah, &^@# Calgary, but I'd be happy to see Markstrom/Tanev/Gudbranson/Toffoli/Richardson have success. They're still my boys. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Mike Smith sporting a .428 SV% before getting yanked.

Yes you read that right.

Oilers getting stamped but I expected that in this game. Two back to backs this week all with travel, 3rd game in 4 nights for them, 5th game in 7 nights and the 2nd game of a back to back with travel vs a fresher Wild team.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 minutes ago, 1-d said:

LOL oilers are channeling their inner Canucks right now, trailing 4-0 against the wild in the 1st.

Smith got pulled after allowing 4 goals on 7 shots.

You know their fans were probably yucking it up after our game last night too.

Looks like their coaching bump is over.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A lot quicker than ours.

And oilers also have a murderers' row road trip waiting against Bolts, Panthers and Canes.

Edited by 1-d
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

You know their fans were probably yucking it up after our game last night too.

This is the tail end of a hectic schedule they had. They just scored before the 1st period ended. 4-1 now

We will see how they are next week. They have a tough start to a eastern road trip. Their turn to go through Lightning, Canes and Panthers. Their schedule is a lot more lax too compared to this last week. They'll have 2 days off before playing the Lightning then have another 2 days off before a back to back with the Panthers/Cats. Will get a good read how they're at this point then. 

Vegas is up 2-0 vs the Sharks atm 2nd intermission.

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

This is the tail end of a hectic schedule they had. They just scored before the 1st period ended. 4-1 now

We will see how they are next week. They have a tough start to a eastern road trip. Their turn to go through Lightning, Canes and Panthers. Their schedule is a lot more lax too compared to this last week. They'll have 2 days off before playing the Lightning then have another 2 days off before a back to back with the Panthers/Cats. Will get a good read how they're at this point then. 

And Eichel scored. Uh-oh.

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

And Eichel scored. Uh-oh.

You can count on Vegas to be good even with guys out Stone and Pacioretty have only played like half the games with being out with injuries. 

I can only imagine how good they look when healthy especially a top line of Pacioretty-Eichel-Stone. 

29 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Minny is also a very good team this season.

Good chance they would have beaten them regardless of their schedule.

Don’t tell the Sportsnet crew that though. They’re making all kinds of excuses for them…

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

You can count on Vegas to be good even with guys out Stone and Pacioretty have only played like half the games with being out with injuries. 

I can only imagine how good they look when healthy especially a top line of Pacioretty-Eichel-Stone. 

Which makes me despise Vegas even more. 

• Cheers 1