The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (20-26) 2022

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sharks may be running out of steam late in the season.

They squeezed alot out of Reimer but I’m not convinced he’s a full time starter.

The loss of Karlsson kind of put a stamp on them. He was having a comeback year.

He's out till March at least.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Minny is also a very good team this season.

Good chance they would have beaten them regardless of their schedule.

Don’t tell the Sportsnet crew that though. They’re making all kinds of excuses for them…

Maybe but hard to tell how the Oilers are given the circumstances. Hence why I want to see them after the first 3 upcoming road games vs the top of the east. They'll have a relaxed schedule going into those games. That'll set the bar for them for them moving forward.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Maybe but hard to tell how the Oilers are given the circumstances. Hence why I want to see them after the first 3 upcoming road games vs the top of the east. They'll have a relaxed schedule going into those games. That'll set the bar for them for them moving forward.

Minny had won like 16 of 19 in Edmonton or something crazy.

Regardless of rest I would have bet on Minny with that stat.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Minny had won like 16 of 19 in Edmonton or something crazy.

Regardless of rest I would have bet on Minny with that stat.

My point was it's hard to grasp how good the Oilers are since the coaching change based off the Minny game given the schedule leading up to it and that other top teams they play next(Canes/Panthers/Lightning), when they have a more relaxed schedule, will be more indicative of how they are moving forward. Those are games I am gonna keep tabs on.

• Cheers 1

Eichel is off to a nice start with Vegas 3pts in 3 game coming back from a neck surgery.. as good as Calgary been playing.. they are on a collision course for the 2nd round I don't see Calgary beating Vegas..  their depth once stone is back is too deep with a 96mil cap team lmao

• Cheers 1

Edmonton was always likely to lose to Minny imo, people tend to understate just how good that Wild team has been this season 

San Jose losing wasn't really impactful, losing Karlsson was the death blow and they've kinda just been treading water since 

Vegas and Calgary are just both teams solidly beyond our catching at this point 

• Cheers 1