The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Changing Direction (proposals and signings)

Hi Fans, yeah right! LOL

In my proposal we are trading Miller, Boeser, Halak, Pearson, Poolman, Motte, Hamonic and Dickenson....................................big moves, and big changes!

Miller 50% retained to Colorado at the TDL for Newhook, Barron, and 2022-1st................................................net - $1,700.000

Boeser to New jersey at the draft for New jersey's 2022-1st...............................................................................net - $5,875,000

Pearson to LA at the draft for Helge Grans..........................................................................................................net - $3,250,000

Dickenson + 2025-1st at the TDL to Arizona for Lawson Crouse.........................................................................net   - $500,000

Hamonic + Motte at the TDL to Nashville for 2022 2nd........................................................................................net - $4,250,000

Poolman to Washington for a future considerations at the draft...........................................................................net  - $2,000,000

Halak to Toronto for a 2023-3rd at TDL................................................................................................................net  - $1.500,000

Total Out.........................net - $18,075,000

Sign Evander Kane  30 years old, playing 1st line LW for Edmonton, currently being paid $2,108,000 per season...............sign for 3 years @ $4,000,000 per

Sign Evan Rodrigues  28 years old, playing 2nd line center for Pittsburg, currently being paid $1,000,000 per season........sign for  3 years @ $3,000,000 per

Sign Antony Deangelo  26 years old, playing 2nd pairing for Carolina, currently being paid $1,000,000 per season.............sign for  5 years @ $4,000,000 per

Sign Max Domi, 26 years old, playing , playing LW for Columbus, currently being paid $5,300,000 per season....................sign for 5 years @ $4,500,000 per

Total In.............................................................................$15,500,000 per

So, yes, we drop! and with that we should be in the 9th pick OA at the 2022 NHL Draft.............

We will also have New Jersey's 2022 1st-4th OA, and Colorado's 2022 1st-32nd OA (or better)

In addition, we would have added Newhook, Crouse, Barron, and Grans to our club, and prospect line up. We do loose our 2025 1st, but I sure hope by then we are not dragging the bottom any more! Now the 4 UFA signing have a lot of attitude,  but that did not stop Edmonton and Carolina from signing them short term. Maybe it is time to have a $hit disturber or 2 in this country club! They certainly will not be putting up with any on ice Crap! 

The addition of Crouse, Barron and Grans, will certainly make us bigger, as well! Not that Kane is not big enough! All young and ready! Crouse needs to be re-signed, which should be around the $3,000,000 mark. So, lets do the math!

Crouse (3.000)           Petterson (7,350)           Kane (4.000)                                       1st line  =  $14,350,000

Domi (4.500)               Horvat (5.500)               Garland (4.950)                                   2nd line =  $14,950,000                

Rodrigues (3.000)       Newhook (.925)             Podkolzin (.925)                                  3rd line  =   $4,850,000

Hoglander (.892)         Lammikko (1.000)         Highmore (.950)                                  4th line   =  $2,842,000                

Lockwood (.900)                                                                                                          13th F       =    $900,000

Hughes  7.850)       Schenn (1.000)                                                                              1st pair   =  $8,850,000

OEL (7.260)             DeAngelo (4.000)                                                                          2nd pair = $11,260,000                 

Rathbone (1.000)     Myers (6.000)                                                                               3rd pair  =  $7,000,000

Burroughs (1.000)    Barron (.925)                                                                                4th pair  =  $1,925,000                     

Demko (5.000)                                                                                                           Goaltending =$6,000,000                     

Martin (1.000)                                                                                                             ====================

Team Roster                                $72,927,000                                                        

Retained                                       $5,025,000             

Bonus's                                         $1,150,000 

===================

Team Budget                                                                                                                                   $79,102,000 

Cap surplus      (2022-2023 Cap $82,500,000 - $79,102,000)                                                          $3,398,000     

Now, the UFA contracts may be a little low, which the extra Cap can go against if needed, but I think we are in the ball park. If anything, we may be a little high on Evan Rodrigues, but I would rather error on the side of caution. 

Now one of the things I wanted to do is, add a little starch to out line-up, but since we moved Miller in these deals, it will be noticeable, but maybe nor=t as much as if we kept him. I think the addition of Kane, Crouse, Domi, and to a lesser extent DeAngelo, will add that attitude we are missing. 

The only real hic-up I have is on the Boeser to New Jersey for their 2022 1st, which we may have to add Colorado's late 1st to, or one of our current prospects (excluding Rathbone), but I am going on the proposal as I have it.

The "Goal" is to add 2 very high end prospect this year.................one RHD (with NJ 4th OA), and 1 forward (Canucks 9th OA), BPA at Colorado's 32nd OA(if we have it)

Will it happen........naah, but it killed a few hours today! And got a few of my hostilities out from last nights game!

PS..........................Note that all Retentions are off, as of the 2023-2024 season, so along with the additional cap that year, will give us approx. $6,000,000 extra Surplus, to put against contracts.

Edited by J.I.A.H.N

5 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Hi Fans, yeah right! LOL

In my proposal we are trading Miller, Boeser, Halak, Pearson, Poolman, Motte, Hamonic and Dickenson....................................big moves, and big changes!

Miller 50% retained to Colorado at the TDL for Newhook, Barron, and 2022-1st................................................net - $1,700.000

Boeser to New jersey at the draft for New jersey's 2022-1st...............................................................................net - $5,875,000

Pearson to LA at the draft for Helge Grans..........................................................................................................net - $3,250,000

Dickenson + 2025-1st at the TDL to Arizona for Lawson Crouse.........................................................................net   - $500,000

Hamonic + Motte at the TDL to Nashville for 2022 2nd........................................................................................net - $2,250,000

Poolman to Washington for a future considerations at the draft...........................................................................net  - $2,000,000

Halak to Toronto for a 2023-3rd at TDL................................................................................................................net  - $1.500,000

Total Out.........................net - $16,075,000

Sign Evander Kane  30 years old, playing 1st line LW for Edmonton, currently being paid $2,108,000 per season...............sign for 3 years @ $4,000,000 per

Sign Evan Rodrigues  28 years old, playing 2nd line center for Pittsburg, currently being paid $1,000,000 per season........sign for  3 years @ $3,000,000 per

Sign Antony Deangelo  26 years old, playing 2nd pairing for Carolina, currently being paid $1,000,000 per season.............sign for  5 years @ $4,000,000 per

Sign Max Domi, 26 years old, playing , playing LW for Columbus, currently being paid $5,300,000 per season....................sign for 5 years @ $4,500,000 per

Total In.............................................................................$15,500,000 per

So, yes, we drop! and with that we should be in the 9th pick OA at the 2022 NHL Draft.............

We will also have New Jersey's 2022 1st-4th OA, and Colorado's 2022 1st-32nd OA (or better)

In addition, we would have added Newhook, Crouse, Barron, and Grans to our club, and prospect line up. We do loose our 2025 1st, but I sure hope by then we are not dragging the bottom any more! Now the 4 UFA signing have a lot of attitude,  but that did not stop Edmonton and Carolina from signing them short term. Maybe it is time to have a $hit disturber or 2 in this country club! They certainly will not be putting up with any on ice Crap! 

The addition of Crouse, Barron and Grans, will certainly make us bigger, as well! Not that Kane is not big enough! All young and ready! Lawson needs to be re-signed, which should be around the $3,000,000 mark. So, lets do the math!

Crouse (3.000)           Petterson (7,350)           Kane (4.000)                                       1st line  =  $14,350,000

Domi (4.500)               Horvat (5.500)               Garland (4.950)                                   2nd line =  $14,950,000                

Rodrigues (3.000)       Newhook (.925)             Podkolzin (.925)                                  3rd line  =   $4,850,000

Hoglander (.892)         Lammikko (1.000)         Highmore (.950)                                  4th line   =  $2,842,000                

Lockwood (.900)                                                                                                          13th F       =    $900,000

Hughes  7.850)       Schenn (1.000)                                                                              1st pair   =  $8,850,000

OEL (7.260)             DeAngelo (4.000)                                                                          2nd pair = $11,260,000                 

Rathbone (1.000)     Myers (6.000)                                                                               3rd pair  =  $7,000,000

Burroughs (1.000)    Barron (.925)                                                                                4th pair  =  $1,925,000                     

Demko (5.000)                                                                                                           Goaltending =$6,000,000                     

Martin (1.000)                                                                                                             ====================

===================

Team Budget                                                                                                                                   $79,102,000 

Cap surplus      (2022-2023 Cap $82,500,000 - $79,102,000)                                                          $3,398,000     

Now, the UFA contracts may be a little low, which the extra Cap can go against if needed, but I think we are in the ball park. If anything, we may be a little high on Evan Rodrigues, but I would rather error on the side of caution. 

Now one of the things I wanted to do is, add a little starch to out line-up, but since we moved Miller in these deals, it will be noticeable, but maybe nor=t as much as if we kept him. I think the addition of Kane, Crouse, Domi, and to a lesser extent DeAngelo, will add that attitude we are missing. 

The only real hic-up I have is on the Boeser to New Jersey for their 2022 1st, which we may have to add Colorado's late 1st to, or one of our current prospects (excluding Rathbone), but I am going on the proposal as I have it.

The "Goal" is to add 2 very high end prospect this year.................one RHD (with NJ 4th OA), and 1 forward (Canucks 9th OA), BPA at Colorado's 32nd OA(if we have it)

Will it happen........naah, but it killed a few hours today! And got a few of my hostilities out from last nights game!

PS..........................Note that all Retentions are off, as of the 2023-2024 season, so along with the additional cap that year, will give us approx. $6,000,000 extra Surplus, to put against contracts.

i don't see New Jersey would include their 1st round pick in any proposal for any player.. especially not boeser.. there's no scenario boeser is worth a 1st with the top 4 odds of being the 1st oa 

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

i don't see New Jersey would include their 1st round pick in any proposal for any player.. especially not boeser.. there's no scenario boeser is worth a 1st with the top 4 odds of being the 1st oa 

Did you read the whole proposal.............IMO, regardless of what it takes, we have to move someone, I suggest Boeser because he is replaceable in the summer. Having to move more is a cost, the point is to get it! PS...If Boeser goes there for other assets, it will help New Jersey anyways, and their 4th will not be a 4th any longer................and I have already suggested it may take more, as you can plainly see.

5 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Did you read the whole proposal.............IMO, regardless of what it takes, we have to move someone, I suggest Boeser because he is replaceable in the summer. Having to move more is a cost, the point is to get it! PS...If Boeser goes there for other assets, it will help New Jersey anyways, and their 4th will not be a 4th any longer................and I have already suggested it may take more, as you can plainly see.

i doubt boeser would change new jerery's 4th worse record to anything else.. scoring is not their biggest problem keeping the puck out of the net is.. they score more than the canucks.. adding a boeser won't help their 3rd worse goal against in the league. don't think there's anything the canucks can add to get that pick out of new jersey.. maybe add their 1st for a swap.. boeser have very little value to new jersey unless it's like a sign and trade otherwise they have 0 guarantee boeser plays for them beyond next year.

as for replacing boeser in the ufa.. if the canucks had no interest in kane when he was available.. i doubt they'll have interest in home in the summer.. and if van offers him 3 years 4mil there would be other teams too.. bet he takes the deal with the lowest tax to max his earning given his debt situation lol

and the toronto halak deal makes 0 sense.. why are they bringing in halak unless they can find someone dumb enough to take on mrazek 3 year 3.8mil contract.. stat wise they are almost identical. 

Would love NJ's 1st currently 4th OA. Would be shocked if Brock would git it done. 

I'm down to sign Domi for that. Though Domi Garland Hoglander Pete Newhook is small but feisty top 9 

I think Nashville might do that deal if Hammonic would waive. 

I'd do that Miller trade if they would. Big Newhook fan.

I'd let TO or any team have Halak for future considerations if they took his bonus with him. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i doubt boeser would change new jerery's 4th worse record to anything else.. scoring is not their biggest problem keeping the puck out of the net is.. they score more than the canucks.. adding a boeser won't help their 3rd worse goal against in the league. don't think there's anything the canucks can add to get that pick out of new jersey.. maybe add their 1st for a swap.. boeser have very little value to new jersey unless it's like a sign and trade otherwise they have 0 guarantee boeser plays for them beyond next year.

as for replacing boeser in the ufa.. if the canucks had no interest in kane when he was available.. i doubt they'll have interest in home in the summer.. and if van offers him 3 years 4mil there would be other teams too.. bet he takes the deal with the lowest tax to max his earning given his debt situation lol

and the toronto halak deal makes 0 sense.. why are they bringing in halak unless they can find someone dumb enough to take on mrazek 3 year 3.8mil contract.. stat wise they are almost identical. 

Well you are entitled to your opinion.............but let me suggest something, I use to tell my employees..........

Don't bring me problems bring solutions................

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Would love NJ's 1st currently 4th OA. Would be shocked if Brock would git it done...............Sure we might have to add, maybe a late 1st or even more, but it is important we get it, whether it is New Jersey or not

I'm down to sign Domi for that. Though Domi Garland Hoglander Pete Newhook is small but feisty top 9 ............but there are some big bodies added as well

I think Nashville might do that deal if Hammonic would waive.  Check!

I'd do that Miller trade if they would. Big Newhook fan. Check!

I'd let TO or any team have Halak for future considerations if they took his bonus with him. ...................Totally agree

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Hi Fans, yeah right! LOL

Hamonic + Motte at the TDL to Nashville for 2022 2nd........................................................................................net - $4,250,000

Total Out.........................net - $18,075,000

The addition of Crouse, Barron and Grans, will certainly make us bigger, as well! Not that Kane is not big enough! All young and ready! Crouse needs to be re-signed, which should be around the $3,000,000 mark. So, lets do the math!

===================

Trade Boeser I want a proven player and draft pick...Taking only a draft pick back could take 4 to 5 yrs before player can play..

Taking a 25-30 goal guy 55-63 point off team and no replacement would weaken team big time..

Ryan Graves 27, 6'5 #4 D man -- 3 rd rounder 2022-- Wood 6'2, 26 -W gritty..

Boeser 25  --  2023 - 4th rounder

Fun to speculate like this, but we all know our owner will never allow 'big change in direction'.  He is a win now guy, and wants the club turned quickly.  So there won't be draft picks coming in, that don't go immediately back out again.  This will be a retool and look a lot like Benning's first year.  The expectation from our owner will be to make the playoffs ASAP.

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I see you added Kane and Crouse. 

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Trade Boeser I want a proven player and draft pick...Taking only a draft pick back could take 4 to 5 yrs before player can play..

Taking a 25-30 goal guy 55-63 point off team and no replacement would weaken team big time..

Ryan Graves 27, 6'5 #4 D man -- 3 rd rounder 2022-- Wood 6'2, 26 -W gritty..

Boeser 25  --  2023 - 4th rounder

Don't be silly if you get 4th OA for Brock you take it and the 6M cap space you save and run. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Somebody I'd go after in FA is Val Nichushkin. One of the leagues best defensive forwards, beast on the PK he's big and fast he's what we need. 

Try to get Lysell + 2nd for Brock this would allow us to sign Miller and Lysell would likely be ready for top 6 at that time.

Pearson Pete Pod 1A

Hoglander Miller Garland 1B

Dickinson Bo Nichushkin Shut down

Motte Lammi Lockwood Energy 

Depth: Lysell Highmore

Hughes Schenn

O My

Rathbone Hammonic

Burr Poolman

Demko/Spencer

With Hammonic coming off if we can dump Poolman and Dickinson we may be able to afford all 3 of Hoglander Miller Bo extensions but it'll be tight. Hopefully Klimovich , Lysell, Woo are ready at this time. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Somebody I'd go after in FA is Val Nichushkin. One of the leagues best defensive forwards, beast on the PK he's big and fast he's what we need. 

Can't see the Av's letting Val walk. Apart from finding a starting goalie, he would be top of their list I reckon...

16 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Try to get Lysell + 2nd for Brock this would allow us to sign Miller and Lysell would likely be ready for top 6 at that time.

Pearson Pete Pod 1A

Hoglander Miller Garland 1B

Dickinson Bo Nichushkin Shut down

Motte Lammi Lockwood Energy 

Depth: Lysell Highmore

Hughes Schenn

O My

Rathbone Hammonic

Burr Poolman

Demko/Swayman

With Hammonic coming off if we can dump Poolman and Dickinson we may be able to afford all 3 of Hoglander Miller Bo extensions but it'll be tight. Hopefully Klimovich , Lysell, Woo are ready at this time. 

I like the idea of Val Nichushkin.  He was the guy some people wanted over BO.  Went back to Russia and everyone thought he was a flop when he came back.  But he's turned into a monster with Colorado.  Love to have him play together with BO.

Lysell in interesting.  He's Swedish so I definitely like him and Allvin may have his eyes on him too.  He could pair up well with me.  Long term he could be a better player than Boeser, especially with his elite skating.  Speed and skill.  He has both.  If we go for Lysell we would definitely have to trade Garland as we couldn't have both smallish wingers on the right side.  Lysell, Klimovich and Nichushkin could fill out the right side.  If we trade Garland for D help then that could free us up to keep Miller.

Lots of possibilities right now.  I would say JR is taking calls on MIller, Boeser and Garland as well as Motte and Schenn.

7 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Can't see the Av's letting Val walk. Apart from finding a starting goalie, he would be top of their list I reckon...

He's a UFA, money talks.  If we trade Miller and Boeser or Garland we would free up alot of cap space.  Colorado has several UFA's next summer.  I would say Kadri and a starting goalie are at the top of their list.  If we trade 2 or even all 3 of those guys we may be a player in free agency in the summer to get JR's guys.