The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

52 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Teammate of Podkolzin last 2 years before this season. Same agent at Danila Klimovich in terms of Canucks.

Was 2nd on the team in playoff goals last year (after Podz). Missed the Olympics due to injury.

Has filled the void left by Podz and Tkachev and led the team in points this year, incl. 20 goals in 45 games. 5"11, 200 pounds, LWer.

Did they ever play on the same line?

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

You always take a flyer on a free prospect like this. You never know when they might be the next Russian star.

Yes.  And he's buddies with Podzilla.  They can be teammates again.  Bring up Klimovich and we got some Russian thing going again.  I miss the Russians.  Bure and Mogilny were my favourite players to watch as a Canucks fan.  Larionov was a treat to watch as well.  Quinn should have signed him long term, we would have won a Cup with Bure and Larionov...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes.  And he's buddies with Podzilla.  They can be teammates again.  Bring up Klimovich and we got some Russian thing going again.  I miss the Russians.  Bure and Mogilny were my favourite players to watch as a Canucks fan.  Larionov was a treat to watch as well.  Quinn should have signed him long term, we would have won a Cup with Bure and Larionov...

What. No love for Kruton? Lol.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

Igor wouldn't sign a deal with the Canucks, as it meant money going to the Russian Hockey Federation.

True, but Quinn waived him the following year and he signed as a free agent with San Jose.  Quinn didn't wanna pay him the money.  Larionov was the missing piece to that 1994 Cup final team.  Bure's centre that he never had.  Quinn's biggest mistake as a GM in my opinion...

• Like 1