The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THAT needs to be our main Jersey.

Rate this topic

TheNewGM

Didn't we oringinally go from our blue, green, and white (colours that actually represent our city) to the puke desert colours to make our team look tougher?  I remember ready a bunch of physcological craperolla back then.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Didn't we oringinally go from our blue, green, and white (colours that actually represent our city) to the puke desert colours to make our team look tougher?  

it's actually kind of funny. the same people on here and in the media that rave about the black jersey because it looks tough or intimidating will turn around and slag the team for hiring a sports psychologist to determine the exact same thing in the first place. 

• Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I would like to see them play one game in a white Flying Skate jersey.

I agree.  I love the black, but the white one is even better.  I think all of the light jerseys in the old Smythe division were amazing.

• Vintage 1

To me , The Orca has always represented that corporation the Yankee brought with him.

Although it’s a beauty symbol of this part of the world and our culture,.  I’d rather forget Mcaw and Mcammon .

If we could keep the black gold red ,  and place the first stick in the “C” as a crest,.  That might be an interesting twist for this era.

otherwise, I’m damn proud of the blade.

this is desperate lol.. where’s @Toni Zamboni

D19CBB4B-DDEE-4AFC-95E5-AC92DDB55A0E.thumb.jpeg.6a3093ef8c34398c2d2ce2f12c0728a1.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam

12 minutes ago, tas said:

that's not a thing that ever happened. 

k, where did I get it wrong?

As Vancouver executive Arthur Griffithsoverspent building General Motors Place, where the NHL's Vancouver Canucks and the upcoming NBA expansion Vancouver Grizzlies would play, in March 1995 he associated with Seattle billionaire John McCaw Jr. - then a co-owner of the Seattle Mariners - to form the Northwest Entertainment Group, which would control both teams and the arena.[2] On August 22 the company was rebaptized Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment, in homage to the killer whales that roam on the British Columbia coast.[3] In 1996, McCaw assumed full ownership of the company and its assets.[4]

Vancouver Canucks logo history started a new era in 1997 when the iconic whale logo was unveiled. The emblem featured a Haida style orca whale with an aggressive expression on its “face.” The creature was breaking out of the I’ve.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Bring it back but with our current colours, it'd look slick as &^@#. I really liked the Canuck inspired Utica jerseys, I bet doing something like it with the skate would look crisp.

Utica Comets Jersey Is Basically A New Jersey Devils Replica

Comets unveil third jersey and alternate team logo | Rome Daily Sentinel

Canucks recall Philip Holm

I want that guy with the beard in a Canuck jersey. Don't even care if he can play. He just looks cool. Lol.

• Haha 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

k, where did I get it wrong?

As Vancouver executive Arthur Griffithsoverspent building General Motors Place, where the NHL's Vancouver Canucks and the upcoming NBA expansion Vancouver Grizzlies would play, in March 1995 he associated with Seattle billionaire John McCaw Jr. - then a co-owner of the Seattle Mariners - to form the Northwest Entertainment Group, which would control both teams and the arena.[2] On August 22 the company was rebaptized Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment, in homage to the killer whales that roam on the British Columbia coast.[3] In 1996, McCaw assumed full ownership of the company and its assets.[4]

Vancouver Canucks logo history started a new era in 1997 when the iconic whale logo was unveiled. The emblem featured a Haida style orca whale with an aggressive expression on its “face.” The creature was breaking out of the I’ve.

the part where you said he brought it with him. orca bay was no more corporate than canucks sports and entertainment or any other umbrella corporation used to manage sports teams and their arenas. the name of the organization and the team's logo were effectively simultaneous, sharing the same local inspiration -- something mccaw himself noticed and loved about vancouver, and rightfully acknowledged that it would make an excellent representation for the team and organization. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2