Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-LA


Recommended Posts

Would love Clarke but he's untouchable as it gets even more so if the main piece going back is Boeser. Helenius is a very nice piece. Other than Helenius, LA has a lot of good prospects I could see available in a package of Boeser and Rathbone. JAD, Vilardi, Faber, Grans, etc. They have Turcotte as well but cant see him available in that package as well. 

 

Boeser, Rathbone for Helenius, Grans, 1st?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2022 at 3:06 PM, komodo0921 said:

Recent rumors suggest LA could be interested in Brock Boeser. This could be a very fortuitous opportunity for JR and co.

 

Brock Boeser and Jack Rathbone for Brandt Clarke and Samuel Helenius

 

LA has a wealth of RHD but lack in LHD prospects. Rathbone is promising to be a high-end lefty.

Brock gives them a righty sniper that would fit right in with Arvidsson, Kempe, and Brown, making that side a real strength.

We get a, much needed, RHD that brings a wealth of offensive talent to a team that desperately needs it.

We also get a huge depth forward that projects to be a bottom-six stalwart, brimging physicality and defensive strength.

Rathbone is over a point per game pace in the AHL, he's a top tier grade a prospect who will likely end up quarterbacking an NHL team's powerplay. He's also extremely intelligent, and whatever he lacks in defensive responsibility he can be mentored by Hughes into developing.

This trade is very lopsided in favor of LA - Rathbone is more valuable than Clarke, and Boeser is far more valuable than Helenius. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

I'd just like to bring your attention to something...

 

Clarke:  10 goals, 53 points in 46 games in the OHL

 

Rathbone on pace:  12 goals, 50 points in 46 games in the AHL

I think another thing to take into consideration is Brandt Clarke has no offensive help on his team. He’s leading his team in points as a dman which is always a little impressive to do that. Funny enough next closest guy on the team is another dman. If he had some good forwards on his team he could likely have another 10-15 points. Also the much coveted RHD with an NHL sized frame at 6’2” at 19 years old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Rathbone is over a point per game pace in the AHL, he's a top tier grade a prospect who will likely end up quarterbacking an NHL team's powerplay. He's also extremely intelligent, and whatever he lacks in defensive responsibility he can be mentored by Hughes into developing.

This trade is very lopsided in favor of LA - Rathbone is more valuable than Clarke, and Boeser is far more valuable than Helenius. 

Clarke is 4yrs younger than Rathbone and was an 8th overall pick.  Jack will be 23yrs by the time he starts playing in

the NHL (hopefully) and will likely be a 3rd pairing LD for some time.  There's no comparison with these 2 players.

I don't know much about Helenius, but again, he is only 19.  I actually believe that Clarke is so good that the Kings

would not trade him.

 

Boeser for Turcotte + Grans   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HKSR said:

I'd just like to bring your attention to something...

 

Clarke:  10 goals, 53 points in 46 games in the OHL

 

Rathbone on pace:  12 goals, 50 points in 46 games in the AHL

Rathbone is nearly 23 big Rathbone fan. But come on now.

 

Clarke turned 19 less than a month ago.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly trading a proven NHLer for a prospect is a bit risky and I think new management will and should avoid risky trades. If there's a similar-aged defenceman who has a proven record then sure, make the trade, but Clarke is tough - for two reasons. He could be a Juolevi-like flop, or he could be even better than projected and become an elite defenceman. I think LA think the latter, they have him as their future defence core so I doubt they'd move him. 

 

They have plenty of other defencemen though and I wonder if we could do something like Garland for Durzi etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Clarke is 4yrs younger than Rathbone and was an 8th overall pick.  Jack will be 23yrs by the time he starts playing in

the NHL (hopefully) and will likely be a 3rd pairing LD for some time.  There's no comparison with these 2 players.

I don't know much about Helenius, but again, he is only 19.  I actually believe that Clarke is so good that the Kings

would not trade him.

 

Boeser for Turcotte + Grans   

Have a hard time seeing Boeser worth a 5th overall - would you really trade Podkolzin+Höglander for Boeser if he was on another team.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mll said:

Have a hard time seeing Boeser worth a 5th overall - would you really trade Podkolzin+Höglander for Boeser if he was on another team.  

Well, I don't think much of Hogs, so  send him along too.:lol:  LA have Byfield already playing and he will always be ahead of Turcotte.  Even if Nucks have to add to the trade, they will end up with a pair of ideal players for our team.

 

Brock + Hogs + 2023-2nd  for Turcotte + Grans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, hammertime said:

Rathbone is nearly 23 big Rathbone fan. But come on now.

 

Clarke turned 19 less than a month ago.

 

Not saying Rathbone is worth as much as Clarke, but the original proposal was Boeser + Rathbone for Clarke + Helenius.

 

Last I checked:

 

Boeser >> Helenius

Rathbone << Clarke

 

Just trying to point out that Rathbone isn't as worthless as some people think he is. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Not saying Rathbone is worth as much as Clarke, but the original proposal was Boeser + Rathbone for Clarke + Helenius.

 

Last I checked:

 

Boeser >> Helenius

Rathbone << Clarke

 

Just trying to point out that Rathbone isn't as worthless as some people think he is. 

 

Rathbone isn't a toss in for sure but Helenius for Rathbone would be a decent trade straight up. 

 

Boeser for Clarke hahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Rathbone isn't a toss in for sure but Helenius for Rathbone would be a decent trade straight up. 

 

Boeser for Clarke hahaha

I wouldn't trade Rathbone forr Helenius... and most people wouldn't because Rathbone is more valuable than Helenius. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...