Canucks Community

Arshdeep Bains | LW

4 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Dane Fox scored 64 goals in 67 games on a team where:

Connor Brown - 45 goals in 68 games

Connor McDavid - 28 goals in 56 games
Andre Burakovsky - 41 goals in 57 games

Dylan Strome - 10 goals in 60 games

After that I found it hard to get excited for these types of signings, but I really hope Arshdeep adjusts well to the AHL and becomes a player for us! 

Yup wait and see.

The good thing is he is a pretty good skater  (Fox was not) and isn't playing with a Connor McDavid player or anyone like that list of yours. So there is likely much higher potential than Fox.

I get your point but don't undersell the kid either. When a Sutter is complementing your compete, you were never drafted to the WHL, and you earn an AHL contract, there are some intangibles there we shouldn't ignore (outside of his skill), that could help him find a way to at worst be a solid AHL contributor.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bains talking about how joyful Diwali is and how much joy it brings into his life, all while having the most monotone face is the highlight of my day haha 

Happy Dilawi everyone! Can't wait to see those incredible jerseys tonight :) Are Abby wearing them as well?

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
spelling

8 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Bains talking about how joyful Diwali is and how much joy it brings into his life, all while having the most monotone face is the highlight of my day haha 

Happy Dilawi everyone! Can't wait to see those incredible jerseys tonight :) Are Abby wearing them as well?

Yes, Abbotsford will wear it on Saturday, October 29th.

• Like 1

What type of odds does this guy have of getting NHL time at some stage in his career?

Lots of overagers tear up junior like he did, but not many make an impact in the AHL.  Bains looks like he is doing quite well as a rookie in Abby.

For all the criticism  JR and PA have been getting as of late, they did have a very good off season in terms of signing non NHL UFAs.  Kuzmenko was the big win, but Aman is a quality piece, FIlip Johansson is looking like he has NHL upside, and Bains is at worst good AHL depth.  If we can add players like these to the system each year (AK is likely a 1 off) we can rebuild our prospect pool pretty quick.  I think we added the equivalent of a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th in these players.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

What type of odds does this guy have of getting NHL time at some stage in his career?

Lots of overagers tear up junior like he did, but not many make an impact in the AHL.  Bains looks like he is doing quite well as a rookie in Abby.

For all the criticism  JR and PA have been getting as of late, they did have a very good off season in terms of signing non NHL UFAs.  Kuzmenko was the big win, but Aman is a quality piece, FIlip Johansson is looking like he has NHL upside, and Bains is at worst good AHL depth.  If we can add players like these to the system each year (AK is likely a 1 off) we can rebuild our prospect pool pretty quick.  I think we added the equivalent of a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th in these players.

It is a night and day difference with this new management for FA signings. I thought at first Mikheyev was an overpay, but he is a great add. The big minus (despite the point production) is Miller. He is taking up a huge amount of cap for a team that badly needs balance throughout the lineup. Miller is a luxury that we just cannot actually afford. I've never been a huge Horvat fan, but he really is important to this team.

• There it is 1