The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Patrick Kane Trade Talks

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

And the cap space to move Rathbone + for Marino...

Yup. I do feel like we have another shot at what we need to accomplish, by moving Horvat.

I don't hate the 8 million dollar Miller contract, considering some of the absurd contracts other teams have given out, and that he's got a point per game average in all 4 years as a Canuck. Get him a defensively responsible winger, and he can go back to center. No more stupid cross ice passes if he's not playing on the wall. He's good on faceoffs too. 

With cap space, and Myers' contract falling off next year, we can make a serious play to rebuild the defense. We're a better team with a rebuilt D, even without Horvat.

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Blah blah blah... NJD says this, NJD says that... how to build a contender Yada Yada Yada...

Translation: WIN 1ST OVERALL 2 OUT OF 3 YEARS AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A WINNING FORMULA.

Trading peanuts for top 4 right hand d-man from teams that can't afford em also helps :ph34r: I am contractually obligated to bring up management sleeping on Marino til he retires or they're removed.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Trading peanuts for top 4 right hand d-man from teams that can't afford em also helps :ph34r: I am contractually obligated to bring up management sleeping on Marino til he retires or they're removed.

Yeah but you gotta wonder where they would be if they had 2nd overall instead of 1st overall in each of those years...

Kaapo Kakko instead of Jack Hughes 

Nolan Patrick instead of Nico Hischier

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And the cap space to move Rathbone + for Marino...

Beat you :P

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Yeah but you gotta wonder where they would be if they had 2nd overall instead of 1st overall in each of those years...

Kaapo Kakko instead of Jack Hughes 

:rolleyes:

Nolan Patrick was the victim of injuries. It could very easily have happened to anyone. But I get your meaning. Must be nice winning the lottery instead of dropping from 2-5 in back to back drafts. I AM NOT MAD OR ANYTHING.

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Nolan Patrick was the victim of injuries. It could very easily have happened to anyone. But I get your meaning. Must be nice winning the lottery instead of dropping from 2-5 in back to back drafts. I AM NOT MAD OR ANYTHING.

What’s wrong with Lafrenierre and Dach?  Another couple of craperolla bustaroo bonsais.  Total wasted picks.  Hawks dumperooed their craperolla though.  

51 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Blah blah blah... NJD says this, NJD says that... how to build a contender Yada Yada Yada...

Translation: WIN 1ST OVERALL 2 OUT OF 3 YEARS AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A WINNING FORMULA.

Pettersson - Hischier drafted the same year.  Canucks have Pettersson and Quinn Hughes - also a combo that can carry a franchise + they have the goaltending in Demko.  Right now they've simply failed to find the right pieces that fit together.    

NJD completely rebuild their D-corps over the past 20 months.  Of their current regulars only Severson was drafted by them.  Their top-4 are all new players acquired recently.  Siegenthaler for a 3rd round pick in April 2021.  Graves for a 2nd in July 2021.  Hamilton free agent signing in summer 2021.  Marino this past off-season by trade and Smith free agent signing this past summer.  Vancouver could have done the same if they weren't stuck with the wrong contracts.

Edited by mll

15 minutes ago, mll said:

Pettersson - Hischier drafted the same year.  Canucks have Pettersson and Quinn Hughes - also a combo that can carry a franchise + they have the goaltending in Demko.  Right now they've simply failed to find the right pieces that fit together.    

NJD completely rebuild their D-corps over the past 18 months.  Of their current regulars only Severson was drafted by them.  Their top-4 are all new players acquired recently.  Siegenthaler for a 3rd round pick in April 2021.  Graves for a 2nd in July 2021.  Hamilton free agent signing in summer 2021.  Marino this past off-season by trade and Smith free agent signing this past summer.  Vancouver could have done the same if they weren't stuck with the wrong contracts.

They can’t carry this franchise atm. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mll said:

NJD completely rebuild their D-corps over the past 18 months.  Of their current regulars only Severson was drafted by them.  Their top-4 are all new players acquired recently.  Siegenthaler for a 3rd round pick in April 2021.  Graves for a 2nd in July 2021.  Hamilton free agent signing in summer 2021.  Marino this past off-season by trade and Smith free agent signing this past summer.  Vancouver could have done the same if they weren't stuck with the wrong contracts.

Buddy if they had 2nd overall both those years instead of 1st overall...

Kaapo Kaako instead of Jack Hughes

Enough said.

People are saying NJ is great because they picked #1 twice. Yeah that helped but it is the depth of quality youth that they have drafted and developed from building up pics and developing players that is impressive. That is really never how JR has worked. Don’t expect him to here. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I'd rather have Petey than Hischier so glad we dropped to 5th in 2017...

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Defenceman who can't play defence + Late 1st + decent middle 6 forward

Sure sounds like Raymond, Ballard, and a pick to me.

Well looking at asset value 

late first 

a serviceable middle six C

and a D prospect that was flipped for another first.

sounds better to me than Raymond Ballard and a 2nd to me.

And then we’d have had the cap space to add a dman or make D end changes or just to sign Bo for a much more team friendly deal in the summer and have money for kuzmenko    

3 hours ago, Provost said:

I have seen several outlets suggest Jersey is in on Patrick Kane and that the expected package would be something like a 1st and Holtz plus a player like Severson to make the money work this year before Jersey has a ton of cap space open up after this season.

I know Friedman says Kane may not want to be dealt and wants to stay in Chicago.. but may perspective is why the heck would they want him, especially for a package like that?  Even assuming a 50% retention that is a lot of money and he seems like a worse fit than either Horvat or Miller for them.  I would happily take that package for either guy.  They get more than a pure rental and have a ton of cap space coming off the books.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10055655-the-5-teams-that-have-the-best-trade-packages-to-land-blackhawks-winger-patrick-kane

https://www.nhl.com/news/over-the-boards-dan-rosen-mailbag-december-7/c-338462804

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Hot-Rumor-Patrick-Kane-to-NJ-for-a-1st-Holtz-and-Severson-E4-Tue-Buzz/1/119907

I've long suspected he'll end up in Colorado somehow.

• Cheers 1