The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Nic Petan

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Makes one wonder if they need a C, assuming EP40 ain't back for the next 2 or 3?

edit: Plot twist. Confused seamstress reads name as Nit Pecan, preparing a nutty jersey. Nit goes on a pt-a-game tear, dragging the team into the PO's on his smallish frame. Golden Smog's folk-rock singalong, "Pecan Pie" becomes a treasured team anthem..dj's leave it rolling thru the whole 3rd periods.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

I'm ok with Petey not returning until he's 100% so no further risk to make it worse.

Hopefully Petan plays well, Rempal showed pretty well, didn't look out of place at all and nearly scored on Vas last game and his positioning play was as good or better than some others were all game. 

Edited by iceman64
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jersey is a fast and skilled team, but they play soft. I think Petan will do well against them.  But hopefully, Petey is back Thursday.  

Petan is absolutely useless.  Just another Ebbett/Megna.  I'd rather dress an extra D.

• Cheers 2

48 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

If Dickenson can go on LTIR, we could swoop in some help to push for the playoffs no? A 5/6 good defenceman shouldn’t cost that much….

Us making the playoffs is looking pretty bleak at this point, unless Vegas keeps losing which they probably will not at some point, we're pretty much screwed because of the rough start to the season. I'm actually not going to be disappointed if we don't because our cup chances are basically zero and if our roster doesn't get beaten up and have injuries trying to get as far as they can, imo isn't the worst thing in the world to happen. 

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

Us making the playoffs is looking pretty bleak at this point, unless Vegas keeps losing which they probably will not at some point, we're pretty much screwed because of the rough start to the season. I'm actually not going to be disappointed if we don't because our cup chances are basically zero and if our roster doesn't get beaten up and have injuries trying to get as far as they can, imo isn't the worst thing in the world to happen. 

I think if they actually do make the playoffs after the Travis Green start then it's not unreasonable to consider them a contender to do well.  They will have played at a contender level the entire time under Bruce if they make it in.  They might have trouble with whoever comes out of the east but I don't think there's a team in the west they can't beat, if they keep up their Boudreau pace all the way to the end.  If the bottom falls out somewhere before the end of the season, then yeah they aren't quite up to it.

5 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Makes one wonder if they need a C, assuming EP40 ain't back for the next 2 or 3?

edit: Plot twist. Confused seamstress reads name as Nit Pecan, preparing a nutty jersey. Nit goes on a pt-a-game tear, dragging the team into the PO's on his smallish frame. Golden Smog's folk-rock singalong, "Pecan Pie" becomes a treasured team anthem..dj's leave it rolling thru the whole 3rd periods.

This is about as far out there as the english language can describe. What is in your veins? HAHA

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Western Red said:

This is about as far out there as the english language can describe. What is in your veins? HAHA

Truth is, don't really like taking the daily activities of the #riggeddeckleague too seriously. There are enough heavy things occurring in our world today.

Another point is it would be nice to see some of our farm/depth fwds get more of a look-see, but the dreadful start has pretty much kiboshed roster-flexibility.

Could also say our 4th/grind line has ensured we have enough unlikely contributor-types.

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2022 at 4:05 PM, Kevin Biestra said:

I think if they actually do make the playoffs after the Travis Green start then it's not unreasonable to consider them a contender to do well.  They will have played at a contender level the entire time under Bruce if they make it in.  They might have trouble with whoever comes out of the east but I don't think there's a team in the west they can't beat, if they keep up their Boudreau pace all the way to the end.  If the bottom falls out somewhere before the end of the season, then yeah they aren't quite up to it.

Well to get anywhere at all against the physically bigger teams then we need to toughen up a "bit", at least some, come post season whenever that comes, this year or next, we know what we'll face, for sure our smaller guys will become obvious targets and skilled guys like Brock, Petey.. Hughes in sure would be as well if not at the top of the list.

And I'm sure you know this isn't a new thing with us.

Then the depth problem, slowly being solved for a change we hope. Selling the farm never got us a cup in the past and won't in the future so if JR commits to development, then we might have a chance but unless we do toughen up at least, it's going to continue.