The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sharks re-sign Tomas Hertl

34 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Man that organization is going to be in a heap of trouble with so many high ticket contracts and a slew of RFA's that are looking for deals this summer.

Burns -  8 mil with 3 years remaining

Karlsson - 11.5 mil with 5 years remaining

Couture - 8 mil with 5 years remaining

Meier - 10 mil QO next summer

Vlasic - 7 mil with 4 years remaining.

I love Hertl but 8x8 is steeeeeeep. And that team is going to be a boat load of cap trouble soon.

lol lol lol

They are doing what we were doing with the aging core towards the end of the Sedin era. Whereas our top paid guys (the Sedins) were 7ish mil, they are paying 11.5 mil for Karlsson and Vlasic at 7 mil for 4 more years???

lol I love this.

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Man that organization is going to be in a heap of trouble with so many high ticket contracts and a slew of RFA's that are looking for deals this summer.

Burns -  8 mil with 3 years remaining

Karlsson - 11.5 mil with 5 years remaining

Couture - 8 mil with 5 years remaining

Meier - 10 mil QO next summer

Vlasic - 7 mil with 4 years remaining.

I love Hertl but 8x8 is steeeeeeep. And that team is going to be a boat load of cap trouble soon.

I wouldn't mind getting Timo Meier as a UFA in 1.5 years and at a contract around 7 mil a year.

27 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

It's debatable. When I've seen Hertl play, I see a big, strong, dynamic player playing for a rebuilding team. Imho, on a good team, his numbers will be much higher - he should be well over a point per game.

You think so? Hasn’t Meier out played Hertl?

Almost seems more comparable to Horvat then Miller but I could be wrong 

16 minutes ago, T.Demko said:

I can see Miller with a huge smile.  That man is getting P-A-I-D, and way more deservingly so than Hertl.

Yup, I've got an inkling a lot of folks around here are going to be shocked by the numbers he gets if he does re-sign.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Devron said:

Pretty standard stuff. Hughes is elite. Hertl is not. The only difference is age and Hertls pending UFA status 

I think you just answered your own question.

You can’t compare RFAs contracts to UFAs contracts.

RFAs have little leverage in negotiations. Whereas, the UFAs could just finish up their current contract and go to the highest bidder in free agency.

Edited by shiznak