The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lehner (VGK) potentially out for remainder of regular season

Rate this topic

RWJC

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

The way Halak has been playing and his salary, sending him to Vegas helps us out immensely.  Halak for a 5th rounder would be just swell, Welcome Spencer Martin!

he'd stand on his head and shut us out 3 times.

• Cheers 1

That team is on the decline, roster getting older and injured often.  IMO they went all-in too fast. McPhee surely crushed Francis as the expansion draft goes, however, McCrimmon is undoing all of that.  in the long-run Seattle might have more sustainability.  Still a good team, but I think Vegas' windows is now completely shut.

Edited by timberz21
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

That team is on the decline, roster getting older and injured often.  IMO they went all-in too fast. McPhee surely crushed Francis as the expansion draft goes, however, McCrimmon is undoing all of that.  in the long-run Seattle might have more sustainability.  Still a good team, but I think Vegas' windows is now completely shut.

I mean I think they got greedy.

They tried to go after every big name they could and now their depth is going to be gutted because of it.

All they needed to do was identify the core and then rotate rentals in and out every season around those players kind of like Pittsburgh did all those years.

Theres also something to be said about chemistry. Bringing in someone like Eichel who clearly has a big ego was a risk. That room already had enough egos. Might have pushed the balance over the top.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Seattle will have their fans continue to fill their rink long term too.  Vegas fans will disappear.  They are not hockey fans, but fans of entertainment.  The Knights will soon be like the Coyotes.  I could see Betman helping them sign Matthews in a couple years when he's a UFA though.  In hopes to keep that franchise alive.  Big stars get big attention in Vegas.  

Edited by Alflives

53 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I mean, wouldn't you just want to give him away for free?  Why put a price tag?

Well its gotta be something or else it looks fishy :) A 5th rounder is just enough for Vegas to think they are getting something useful

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Fleury back to Vegas?

I kinda expect it to happen if Lehner's done

How things were handled was ugly but Fleury's still got a lot of friends on that team, Vegas isn't a team that'll throw in the towel 

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I kinda expect it to happen if Lehner's done

How things were handled was ugly but Fleury's still got a lot of friends on that team, Vegas isn't a team that'll throw in the towel 

That's my thought, that they won't let the season go to waste without at least attempting to replace Lehner.

They already know Fleury fits in well with that group, seems like an obvious move to make.

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

That's my thought, that they won't let the season go to waste without at least attempting to replace Lehner.

They already know Fleury fits in well with that group, seems like an obvious move to make.

Yup, they're just as it in as us or Edmonton and if Vegas has shown anything over their history it's a willingness to make moves 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I mean I think they got greedy.

They tried to go after every big name they could and now their depth is going to be gutted because of it.

All they needed to do was identify the core and then rotate rentals in and out every season around those players kind of like Pittsburgh did all those years.

Theres also something to be said about chemistry. Bringing in someone like Eichel who clearly has a big ego was a risk. That room already had enough egos. Might have pushed the balance over the top.

Bang on. They basically tried to change their mould from a successful Pittsburgh/Bruins mould to a Toronto top-heavy one and now 1 injury to a key player is costing them the season.

They've played worse with Eichel too which is interesting.

• Cheers 1