The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Travis Dermott

47 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Friedman hasn’t had one single rumour of his pan out for years. These guys don’t know any more than all of us. They just swap rumours and potential fits on Twitter then publish on their platform. 32 thoughts of crap and recycled trash most  if the time 

That's just flat out false.

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Pears said:

If I recall correctly you had the same viewpoints on Hunt before being proven embarrassingly wrong after he came in and provided steady play. Dermott is an upgrade. 

Hunt is still absolutely terrible.  Dermott is just as bad and can't crack an even worse D group than ours.

42 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

TOR needs goaltending

Halak for Dermott, or else enjoy losing in 4 straight   (not that Halak would particularly help them out with that)

Yip. That's all I would do. I am as tough on Halak as anyone, but I don't think he's that bad. He's been a great goalie through his career, just a bad fit here. 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

I hate the Leafs as much as the next Canucks fan but this entire thread is just an embarrassing look for us overall. 

Agreed. 

If Dermott was from another team, there'd be a very different viewpoint on him. People's hate for the Leafs clouds their judgement.

Then there's the Elliotte hate that makes no sense whatsoever. He's easily one of the best in the business.

• Cheers 3

26 minutes ago, Pears said:

Anyone who has a basic understanding of the game and isn’t blinded by petty hate. If he wasn’t a Leaf you wouldn’t have any issues acquiring him. 

Do you really think he's an upgrade? The Toronto media has been desperately trying to ditch him all year long. Even they think he's rubbish. My buddy is a Leafs fan so I've watched about 12-15 games. He looks like hot garbage out there to me every single game and we just sit back and laugh at the articles with writers pretending some stupid team would actually want him. I sure hope it's not us.

If we get him for nothing or they give us something to take him I'd have no problem riding out the season with him but if we give up anything higher than a 6th rounder I'll be [sadface].

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

He's prime aged, but I'm not really interested in acquiring a bottom pairing D right now unless it's in the form of a blue chip D prospect

We've bigger fish to fry

Maybe it makes sense if Rathbone is part of another deal they are working on.

Edited by JM_

9 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Agreed. 

If Dermott was from another team, there'd be a very different viewpoint on him. People's hate for the Leafs clouds their judgement.

Then there's the Elliotte hate that makes no sense whatsoever. He's easily one of the best in the business.

I don't get the Elliot hate either. He's actually one voice that will speak with some facts when talking Canucks. Ya, he can be a Leaf homer, but so is 90 percent of media.

16 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Maybe it makes sense if Rathbone is part of another deal they are working on.

Yeah I can't see him being a Canuck much longer. I don't think it would be wise to have two small guys on the left side for 70% of the game. We need a player with some size who PK's back there.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Okay, I resent BOS for what happened 11 years ago, but my dislike of the Leafs goes back decades.

I wouldn't mind seeing VAN and BOS pull off a huge trade, sending them Garland and Motte and Myers, and then watch them dominate their divisional rivals (Leafs) for the foreseeable future. 

not like this GIF

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah I can't see him being a Canuck much longer. I don't think it would be wise to have two small guys on the left side for 70% of the game. We need a player with some size who PK's back there.

I don't even think it's a size issue personally.

Where's he going to get the offensive usage, pp time etc he'll need, to be successful, playing behind Hughes and OEL on the left side?

Those minutes simply will never exist. Maybe if he switched and plays right side... Otherwise I have no idea where he fits.

Edited by aGENT

37 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Only way I see this is if he's simply cap coming back. Something like Dermott+Liljegren for Motte+Poolman....?

Ew.  Why would we want to bring in TWO defencemen who can't play defence?  Let's not take Toronto's trash, especially not by trading Motte.

7 minutes ago, combover said:

2nd rounders never amount to anything…..:bigblush:

just trade bait remember. 

I agree.

That doesn’t change the evaluation you would be putting on both players when comparing them though.

Edited by DeNiro