The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Wild trade Jack McBain to Coyotes for 2022 2nd-round pick

So Coyotes give up a 2nd for a guy likely to not want to play for them? I mean if you say no to the Wild, how tf do you say yes to the worst franchise in the league (on sooo many levels)? 

Edited by Gator

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Wait is that our 2nd?

I see what Minny is doing. Trying to tempt us with our own pick like the Sens did!

Not falling for that one!

JR is trying to undue JB’s mistakes, maybe he wants to offer sheet someone. 

1 minute ago, brian42 said:

JR is trying to undue JB’s mistakes, maybe he wants to offer sheet someone. 

That’s actually what I wondered when I saw us re-acquiring our 3rd.

If JR goes after that 2nd it will be pretty obvious what his intentions are.

Necas, Kakko, or Hague stand out as ones who may be good targets.

30 minutes ago, Gator said:

So Coyotes give up a 2nd for a guy likely to not want to play for them? I mean if you say no to the Wild, how tf do you say yes to the worst franchise in the league (on sooo many levels)? 

Chances are Minny allowed teams to speak with his agent so only teams that knew they could sign him were willing to trade for him.

35 minutes ago, Gator said:

far better opportunity to get ice time on a dumpster fire team like the coyotes.

12 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Since the trade which this thread is about.

Meant to say Arizona*

I completely forgot we sent our 2022 2nd to the Yotes. I thought we only sent a 1st round pick their way. 

Truly astonishing how many picks we’ve given up the last 3 years, only to be nowhere near competitive with a depleted prospect pool. Good lord

Edited by Odd.

35 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That's a pretty good return for guy you may not sign.

True. But absolutely worth a 2nd for Arizona.

McBain should be an excellent piece for them in their rebuild. And sounds like the way the trade is structured, the Coyotes only pay the pick if they are successful in signing McBain to an ELC, otherwise no dice and they keep the pick. From the Arizona side, that’s a no-brainer, as Jack McBain signed, sealed, and delivered is worth more than a 2nd round pick.

OTOH, it’s great value for the Wild, if they believed they weren’t going to get McBain under contract. Getting a 2nd back for a player you drafted with a 3rd rounder is good business, especially when in doubt whether or not you’d come to terms on a deal.

• Cheers 1