The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brad Richardson | #13 | C

-AJ-

I think there's a very good chance Richardson retires after this year, so it's more of a final dance with Vancouver. If he plays every remaining game for the Canucks, he'll end up tied with the Avalanche for the third most games he's played with any team at 136 games.

• Like 3

Richardson is a Pro and plays like one, Much like Schenn and JT. As one person pointed out ( Smyl ) this team most of all needs a culture chnage. Richardson  ticks that box. We're going to waste some young talent if they don't learn to be better Pros. Frankly I hope he can find a spot next season maybe to the detrement of Chiason

• Like 1

I liked Richardson on his last go-around with the Canucks.  Felt really bad for him when Tryamkin crushed him like a tin can.  Hope he gets in a few games, but he'll probably end up blocking a shot and breaking his foot (like he did when he first joined the Canucks) on his first shift of the first game he plays.

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Richardson is a Pro and plays like one, Much like Schenn and JT. As one person pointed out ( Smyl ) this team most of all needs a culture chnage. Richardson  ticks that box. We're going to waste some young talent if they don't learn to be better Pros. Frankly I hope he can find a spot next season maybe to the detrement of Chiason

Frankly; I don't see Chiasson on the team next year one way or the other.

• Vintage 1

Used to like Ritchie a lot back in his Canuck days.  It was a mistake for Benning to let him go.  He was 30 back then.  Now he's 37.  I don't know what use he'll be beyond depth.  I assume that Allvin is taking a flyer on him hoping that he'll provide some leadership and help out Petan or will he take his place.  We'll see if he's got any game left.  He has only played 27 this season.

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Used to like Ritchie a lot back in his Canuck days.  It was a mistake for Benning to let him go.  He was 30 back then.  Now he's 37.  I don't know what use he'll be beyond depth.  I assume that Allvin is taking a flyer on him hoping that he'll provide some leadership and help out Petan or will he take his place.  We'll see if he's got any game left.  He has only played 27 this season.

Petan is a UFA this summer and i wonder if he'll be a victim of the likes of of Jasek, Karlsson or Costmar all likely Abbotsford bound What I always liked about Richardson was if there was a scrum you could count on him being in the middle of it

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

ya... I like Byron Ritchie too.. played with a lot of heart!! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

Ya never know... we could be in a cap crunch again and end up bringing him back for $650k!! 

I think league minimum is 750k right now and Chiasson got $800k this year.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Ya never know... we could be in a cap crunch again and end up bringing him back for $650k!! 

Management indicated that they want the team to be younger and faster. Chiasson is neither. Lockwood; on the other hand is both younger and faster and also cost controlled for a few years. He is the most likely replacement over Chiasson.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Yes! The more fellow whisky drinkers the better, as far as I'm concerned.

12 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Management indicated that they want the team to be younger and faster. Chiasson is neither. Lockwood; on the other hand is both younger and faster and also cost controlled for a few years. He is the most likely replacement over Chiasson.

I don’t want to see Abby’s playoff drive hurt in anyway but wouldn’t mind seeing Lockwood or a few others get a game or two in with the Canucks in the final 18 games. AHL should be the orgs focus right now.

• Like 1