The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brad Richardson | #13 | C

-AJ-

Just now, Boudrias said:

I don’t want to see Abby’s playoff drive hurt in anyway but wouldn’t mind seeing Lockwood or a few others get a game or two in with the Canucks in the final 18 games. AHL should be the orgs focus right now.

I see that the parent team only papered down Petan and Pod'z so they still have two more that they can call up. My guess would be Lockwood and Rathbone..

19 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Richardson is a Pro and plays like one, Much like Schenn and JT. As one person pointed out ( Smyl ) this team most of all needs a culture chnage. Richardson  ticks that box. We're going to waste some young talent if they don't learn to be better Pros. Frankly I hope he can find a spot next season maybe to the detrement of Chiason

I wouldn't be surprised to hear it was the Sedins who were instrumental in urging management to bring Richardson here to mentor the kids.

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear it was the Sedins who were instrumental in urging management to bring Richardson here to mentor the kids.

Very possible. The final game the twins played against the Coyotes, OEL and Richardson were at the end of the greeting line. The hot mike said just that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Very possible. The final game the twins played against the Coyotes, OEL and Richardson were at the end of the greeting line. The hot mike said just that.

I wouldn't be surprised either - I've set it to the 4 minute mark when Luke Schenn, OEL, and Richardson come by to finish off the players' handshake line. 

Crazy to think that all 5 would be (re)connected with the organization in one way or another a few seasons later.

• Vintage 2

Sounds like he'd going to play with Lammikko and Highmore. Shame, because they need a fast winger to forecheck and Richy is going to be slow out there.

I think they'll get Richardson to sit back in the neutral zone and Lammy to really try and use his physicality on the wing now to forecheck, hit hard and then get Highmore to dig pucks out and maybe center them for a Richardson shot. Could work well and replace Motte. They won't be as fast without Motte but will be a bit smarter and Richardson is a brilliant mentor for the other two kids.

Not sure what sort of mess our 4th line will look line then, I was hoping Brad would anchor our 4C spot but I think we'll end up with Remapl/Petan, Chiasson and Podkolzin even.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

To old like Chiasson. No. Start working younger options in as they build towards contention. 

You need established guys as well to teach the right habits to youth. Look around the contenders right now, they all have a few older guys who are good role models.

17 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

You need established guys as well to teach the right habits to youth. Look around the contenders right now, they all have a few older guys who are good role models.

Miller = older

Bo = older

Pearson =older

Schenn = older

OEL = older

Myers = older

How many older guys do we need to set an example?  

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Miller = older

Bo = older

Pearson =older

Schenn = older

OEL = older

Myers = older

How many older guys do we need to set an example?  

You want competition though as well, Alf, putting Richardson on the team at 800k, if someone outplays him, then you have a good mentor for kids in Abbotsford. If they can't outplay him, then they shouldn't be on the team yet.

I personally think Myers will be traded this summer, now that his NTC is moving into a 10 team no trade contract. 

Edited by VegasCanuck

On 3/22/2022 at 12:02 PM, Harvey Specter said:

I wouldn't be surprised either - I've set it to the 4 minute mark when Luke Schenn, OEL, and Richardson come by to finish off the players' handshake line. 

Crazy to think that all 5 would be (re)connected with the organization in one way or another a few seasons later.

Very brief with LE.......thanks for sharing.  The ref said it all......classiest guys in hockey.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:14 AM, Boudrias said:

To old like Chiasson. No. Start working younger options in as they build towards contention. 

Show me a player who's more effective, and I'd be good with that.  For now though, Richardson has been seemingly a good late season addition for what we need.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • -AJ- locked and unlocked this topic