The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | March/April (27-02) 2022

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

yup, don't challenge another player unless you can handle yourself. 

Yep.

If Petey jumped into a scrum and dropped the mitts I wouldn’t expect special treatment for him. He would learn a lesson pretty quick.

The thing is Petey is too smart for that. He wouldn’t jump in cause he’s not a fighter.

Terry obviously hasn’t learned that lesson. Or he thinks his season has earned him some sort of free pass from players around the league.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Linesmen know the players and have likely heard the young punks on the Ducks chirping all game.  They stayed out so the punk could get fed a few.  Here’s to Zegras getting his soon.  

I think thats probably true, its not their job to protect yapping kids from themselves. 

I really dislike media people disrespecting Beagle, whatever you might think of his performance over the years, he's been a great team mate and never a goon. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yep.

If Petey jumped into a scrum and dropped the mitts I wouldn’t expect special treatment for him. He would learn a lesson pretty quick.

The thing is Petey is too smart for that. He wouldn’t jump in cause he’s not a fighter.

Terry obviously hasn’t learned that lesson. Or he thinks his season has earned him some sort of free pass from players around the league.

maybe this is a new trend? there's a few younger guys on Detroit like this too. I sure don't want to see this crap here. 

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I think thats probably true, its not their job to protect yapping kids from themselves. 

I really dislike media people disrespecting Beagle, whatever you might think of his performance over the years, he's been a great team mate and never a goon. 

I hate how many in the media are giving Beagle the monster treatment. Whatever gets them clicks I guess, but it's horrible that they turn on people and really make them into something they're not.

He's had what?.....3 fights before this in his career. It's not like he's a goon out there...show HIM some respect.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Fitting that someone nicknamed “Zee” is the perfect representation of generation Z.

He thinks that because Terry scored 30 goals this season that he’s a “superstar” that somehow has earned respect (the guy had 20 points last season…)

I can only imagine what he thinks of himself. This is why these 21 year olds are demanding 8 million dollars after a couple good seasons now. They don’t think they have to earn anything they just want it handed to them.

Both of them were taught a valuable lesson. Don’t embarrass a team like that and not expect to get fists. And show respect to a 12 year cup winning vet in Beagle and don’t poke him when he’s pissed off. That’s the only respect they should be focused on.

I hope they overpay him.to a lengthy contract.  Soft one dimensional players dont win you championships.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

maybe this is a new trend? there's a few younger guys on Detroit like this too. I sure don't want to see this crap here. 

Well they’ll learn their lesson too then.

That’s the job of veterans. Teach these young guys respect. Respect for the game, other teams, and other players. It’s been that way for decades.

Detroit has a lack of quality vets to teach them that. Getzlaf on the other hand should know full well the code and teach these guys about respect.

Even someone like Crosby who’s a decorated 3 time cup winner knows if he jumps into a scrum he better be ready to defend himself. He’s learned how to handle himself over the years though.

These whiney rookies thinking that they can just skate at someone and have immunity because of their goal totals need that lesson. Someone like Bieksa knows that whether he’ll say it or not. 

The lesson isn’t oh let’s blame the bad man Beagle. The lesson is learn to handle yourself or stay out of the rough stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

That’s why teams need veterans with character.  Zegras (and a few other punks in the league) are arrogant little chirp boys.  They are selfish, and me me guys, who clearly aren’t listening to their veteran teammates.  

There will always be these kinds of young punks.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Well they’ll learn their lesson too then.

That’s the job of veterans. Teach these young guys respect. Respect for the game, other teams, and other players. It’s been that way for decades.

Detroit has a lack of quality vets to teach them that. Getzlaf on the other hand should know full well the code and teach these guys about respect.

Even someone like Crosby who’s a decorated 3 time cup winner knows if he jumps into a scrum he better be ready to defend himself. He’s learned how to handle himself over the years though.

These whiney rookies thinking that they can just skate at someone and have immunity because of their goal totals need that lesson. Someone like Bieksa knows that whether he’ll say it or not. 

The lesson isn’t oh let’s blame the bad man Beagle. The lesson is learn to handle yourself or stay out of the rough stuff. 

it was pretty funny when Bieksa said 'lets take shootouts out of the game' tho :lol: