The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Logo ideas for my truck

Hi, I'm looking for idea's on what Canucks logo and size for my work truck, I need room on the side for my business as well. 

"Delivery & Rubbish Hauling" and ph number then the Logo in there somewhere.

The front area is getting a wind deflector but the rear door area available is 4'x4'  

Yes I can paint if it's reasonably easy, I painted the box. 

Anyway looking for idea's folks, share em if you got em please! 

IMG_20210424_185902958.jpg

• Thanks 2

Sorry for being a killjoy here. Won't some people (not me IDGAF) take issue with the Canucks' logo being beside your business info? By some people I mean maybe the Canucks organization. Couldn't it be construed that the Canucks are endorsing your business or that your business is somehow affiliated with them?

If not, how about an image of Fin takin' out the trash? Like him stuffing Johnny Gaudreau into one of those big blue trash containers...........

WMI | The Trash Blog

Edited by nuckin_futz

Love that your truck is already Canuck blue. Honestly, if I needed trash removal and I saw a company truck with a Canuck logo by it, I'd probably call them before a competitor based on that alone, haha.

@nuckin_futz might have a point though. It could be perceived as either unprofessional or some sort of agreement with the Canucks when one might not exist.

Yeah I get the possible affiliation thing, maybe I could put a a "go before and after the Logo" 

So it's more like a cheer of go Canucks go! 

Idk something like that? 

I'm up in prince George so probably another cpl of weeks or so before it's warm enough to paint and a cpl of clear days of course  

Edited by iceman64

32 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Sorry for being a killjoy here. Won't some people (not me IDGAF) take issue with the Canucks' logo being beside your business info? By some people I mean maybe the Canucks organization. Couldn't it be construed that the Canucks are endorsing your business or that your business is somehow affiliated with them?

If not, how about an image of Fin takin' out the trash? Like him stuffing Johnny Gaudreau into one of those big blue trash containers...........

WMI | The Trash Blog

Left up to me, I'd take Marchand and stuff him in there, that's where rats belong don't they? ;)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Yeah I get the possible affiliation thing, maybe I could put a a "go before and after the Logo" 

So it's more like a cheer of go Canucks go! 

Idk something like that? 

I'm up in prince George so probably another cpl of weeks or so before it's warm enough to paint and a cpl of clear days of course  

I think the issue could arise from unauthorized use of the logo. Pretty sure you could just write out "Go Canucks Go" with no logo.

4 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I think the issue could arise from unauthorized use of the logo. Pretty sure you could just write out "Go Canucks Go" with no logo.

Maybe a simple phone call to the Nux office but yeah I thought of something like that but wanted to spruce it up a bit with a Nux logo

4 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Maybe a simple phone call to the Nux office but yeah I thought of something like that but wanted to spruce it up a bit with a Nux logo

If they say no, maybe paint the home jersey stripes at the bottom with your company logo where the canucks logo would be?

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

If they say no, maybe paint the home jersey stripes at the bottom with your company logo where the canucks logo would be?

I like the idea of a green and white Canucks themed striped across the width of the truck. Looks clean and professional, while clearly endorsing the Canucks without violating the legality of using their logo

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Stech said:

I like the idea of a green and white Canucks themed striped across the width of the truck. Looks clean and professional, while clearly endorsing the Canucks without violating the legality of using their logo

Hmmm interesting idea's, I thought of a green stripe like a picture frame idea but didn't follow the thought further..

I think that the Canucks kind of give up any legal rights to come after anyone when they sell a plethora of vehicle related fan paraphernalia on their website. Plenty of company trucks over here in Alberta with Lames and Coilers stickers, flags etc...even some who flat out state that their company "proudly supports" whoever (insert NHL / CFL team here). So you're probably OK with just putting your company logo etc on the truck, then slap a few Nux stickers on the tailgate. I feel like if a person purchases a Pro sports team's gear, then they can pretty much do what they want (obviously nothing illegal)...heck you can even toss your purchased and logo'd jersey onto the ice if you want :shock: 

12 hours ago, ABNuck said:

I think that the Canucks kind of give up any legal rights to come after anyone when they sell a plethora of vehicle related fan paraphernalia on their website. Plenty of company trucks over here in Alberta with Lames and Coilers stickers, flags etc...even some who flat out state that their company "proudly supports" whoever (insert NHL / CFL team here). So you're probably OK with just putting your company logo etc on the truck, then slap a few Nux stickers on the tailgate. I feel like if a person purchases a Pro sports team's gear, then they can pretty much do what they want (obviously nothing illegal)...heck you can even toss your purchased and logo'd jersey onto the ice if you want :shock: 

Yes and no. You have a right to do what you want with your property, but you can't insinuate your business is affiliated with the Canucks if it isn't, and businesses are really strict about seeing their image misused. If the company demonstrates that they knew about it and didn't do anything it diminishes their ability to enforce their trademarks in legal disputes. This is why so often you see companies cracking down on otherwise harmless ventures that use their intellectual property, because precedent is such a massive thing in court rulings. If they let it slide, and 6 months later some other company is doing something shady with their image its harder for them to get a ruling stopping it because they've let other people use their trademarks. It also can reflect negatively on them if something happens. For businesses like sports clubs image is everything. 

I would stick to the green stripe idea, on top of being safer its a lot subtler, more aesthetic option.

Also you're actually not allowed to throw your jersey onto the ice. They make an exception for designated objects on specific special occasions like a hat trick or teddy bear toss, but outside that throwing something onto the ice can cause a penalty to be given to the home team and and people getting banned from the arena.

Edited by McBackup

7 hours ago, McBackup said:

Yes and no. You have a right to do what you want with your property, but you can't insinuate your business is affiliated with the Canucks if it isn't, and businesses are really strict about seeing their image misused. If the company demonstrates that they knew about it and didn't do anything it diminishes their ability to enforce their trademarks in legal disputes. This is why so often you see companies cracking down on otherwise harmless ventures that use their intellectual property, because precedent is such a massive thing in court rulings. If they let it slide, and 6 months later some other company is doing something shady with their image its harder for them to get a ruling stopping it because they've let other people use their trademarks. It also can reflect negatively on them if something happens. For businesses like sports clubs image is everything. 

I would stick to the green stripe idea, on top of being safer its a lot subtler, more aesthetic option.

Also you're actually not allowed to throw your jersey onto the ice. They make an exception for designated objects on specific special occasions like a hat trick or teddy bear toss, but outside that throwing something onto the ice can cause a penalty to be given to the home team and and people getting banned from the arena.

Yeah, I was being a bit facetious with the jersey toss stuff...more of a dig at fans that do that sort of thing (hence the emoji).

But I do see your point TM protection...was just stating that over here in the flatlands plenty of companies, right or wrong, do fly "pro" team colors on their company vehicles ("pro" intentionally in quotes as we are talking mainly about Calgary and Edmonton teams...I must, nay I am duty bound, to jab at them at every opportunity).