The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elon Musk Officially Purchases Twitter, Takes Company Private

Apparently, Twitter "broke" when Ron DeSantis was trying to announce his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/technology/ron-desantis-disastrous-2024-launch-marred-by-twitter-glitches/ar-AA1bEn3M?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=34034b51626547a6909ff8294b47e590&ei=25

Ron DeSantis' widely anticipated presidential campaign announcement was off to a rocky, if not disastrous, start on Wednesday night.

The Florida governor and 2024 presidential hopeful appeared on a Twitter Spaces event co-hosted by Twitter CEO Elon Musk and Craft Ventures co-founder David Sacks had such a vast audience that the app crashed several times in the first few minutes of the event.

The tragic start to DeSantis' major announcement, which so far has fallen short of giving Republicans what they desired, infuriated people across America, who quickly took to Twitter to air their complaints, calling the launch "disastrous".

The overwhelmed servers were only the start to the kickoff that was doomed by myriad technical failures including glitches, echoes, deafening feedback and only snippets of comments from Musk and Sacks during the first 20 minutes, though none from DeSantis. Sacks blamed the technical difficulties on the massive number of people tuning into Twitter Spaces, which was at nearly half a million as of 6:13 p.m. Eastern time.

Sacks, however, called it a "good sign" that the servers were melting before his audio again went silent.

At approximately 6:15 p.m., the online video conference started playing instrumental music before crashing again. A few moments later, the Twitter Spaces event was no longer live, although interested listeners were able to play the glitchy recording.

Musk restarted Twitter Spaces shortly after 6:20 p.m. when DeSantis was finally able to clearly announce his presidential bid without being interrupted by technical failures.

According to another article I read, the audience before the crash was around 500k, but by the time Darth actually made the announcement, only half that many were still listening....:lol:

22 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Musk is worrying me. He's starting to turn in Blofeld. Now Ford is going to be selling adapters in 2024 so they can use Tesla Supercharger (I'm assuming the Tesla software app too).

I think he's more of an Elliot Carver than a Blofeld.

• 4 weeks later...

Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg agree to hold cage fight

Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg.
By Peter Hoskins
Business reporter

Two of the world's most high-profile technology billionaires - Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg - have agreed to fight each other in a cage match.

Mr Musk posted a message on his social media platform Twitter that he was "up for a cage fight" with Mr Zuckerberg.

Mr Zuckerberg, the boss of Facebook and Instagram parent company Meta, then posted a screenshot of Mr Musk's tweet with the caption "send me location".

"The story speaks for itself," a Meta spokesperson told the BBC.

Mr Musk then replied to Mr Zuckerberg's response with: "Vegas Octagon."

The Octagon is the competition mat and fenced-in area used for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bouts. The UFC is based in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Mr Musk, who turns 52 later this month, also tweeted: "I have this great move that I call 'The Walrus', where I just lie on top of my opponent & do nothing."

He later tweeted short videos of walruses, perhaps suggesting his challenge to Mr Zuckerberg may not entirely be serious.

I sure hope this happens. Elon turns 52 next week and is not in good shape. Zuckerberg is 39, works out regularly and competes in Ju Jitsu competitions.

Elon will get murdered.

Edited by nuckin_futz

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Elon will get murdered

No way it happens.

They just are realising that you cant buy cool, so they are seeing if this will fill the hollow empty feelings. 

If it did happen, which it wont, but if it did... Elon's walrus technique would probably work. He is soo much bigger than Zuck. I bet with a month of some TDD and basic grappling, he will just donkey kong smash Mark. 

That said, it might depend on how much influnce they have on the ref. Zuck has experience in that as seen at his first bjj comp. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

No way it happens.

They just are realising that you cant buy cool, so they are seeing if this will fill the hollow empty feelings. 

If it did happen, which it wont, but if it did... Elon's walrus technique would probably work. He is soo much bigger than Zuck. I bet with a month of some TDD and basic grappling, he will just donkey kong smash Mark. 

That said, it might depend on how much influnce they have on the ref. Zuck has experience in that as seen at his first bjj comp. 

I think Elon would quickly need to get in shape and get enough training to even have a chance. 

Zuck just has the age, fitness and training on his hand. BJJ already tip the scales heavily. 

It wouldn’t be very entertaining. Zuck would just tap him out in less than 30 seconds. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think Elon would quickly need to get in shape and get enough training to even have a chance. 

Zuck just has the age, fitness and training on his hand. BJJ already tip the scales heavily. 

It wouldn’t be very entertaining. Zuck would just tap him out in less than 30 seconds. 

Haha. Thats bold. 

I've watched a bit of his bjj. Hope his has gotten a lot better.

You're right about the age but 5'7 165lbs? vs 6'2 200+lbs....I dunno. 

What if Zuck cant get Elon down? If I'm Musk I am simply working on take down defense,  sprawl a bit.

Then, with the girth advantage, I would advise Musk to wall and stall, lay his weight on Mark and dirty box the little fella. Zuck's chin looks like glass to me. 

Edit:

I also do have great respect for Kyokushin karate.It's not one of the 4 major styles but It's known as the peoples karate and I believe it's the most popular in Japan. Very tough stuff. Very hard  training. It's one of the styles Elon trained. Karate and Judo compliment each other very well. Mix in some BJJ and you're getting there...

Elon's side...

https://blackbeltmag.com/elon-musk-martial-arts

Edited by bishopshodan

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Haha. Thats bold. 

I've watched a bit of his bjj. Hope his has gotten a lot better.

You're right about the age but 5'7 165lbs? vs 6'2 200+lbs....I dunno. 

What if Zuck cant get Elon down? If I'm Musk I am simply working on take down defense, learn to sprawl a bit.

Then, with the girth advantage, I would advise Musk to wall and stall, lay his weight on Mark and dirty box the little fella. Zuck's chin looks like glass to me. 

If they were to fight today I think it wouldn’t last long is what I meant. Elon wouldn’t know anything and I suspect he’d get tuckered out much more quickly. 

If Elon had already a good amount of experience and had good fitness levels then there wouldn’t be much difficulty for Elon to wipe the floor with Mark. That would be murder. 

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If they were to fight today I think it wouldn’t last long is what I meant. Elon wouldn’t know anything and I suspect he’d get tuckered out much more quickly. 

If Elon had already a good amount of experience and had good fitness levels then there wouldn’t be much difficulty for Elon to wipe the floor with Mark. That would be murder. 

Did you see my link?

Elon has training. I doubt he has trained for a while but if what he is telling JRE is true.. Karate, Taekwondo, Judo, BJJ. ..I still take Elon even at his age.

He's a lot bigger and you dont forget how to throw a punch. Judo really plays well with size and even basic bjj can be used for good defense if you do end up on the ground. I would not advise him to be throwing any fruity TKD kicks though. haha.

I dont think he is an easy meal for little Mark. Which is why he is thinking about it, I bet. 

Edited by bishopshodan

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Did you see my link?

Elon has training. I doubt he has trained for a while but if what he is telling JRE is true.. Karate, Taekwondo, Judo, BJJ. ..I still take Elon even at his age.

He's a lot bigger and you dont forget how to throw a punch. Judo really plays well with size and even basic bjj can be used for good defense if you do end up on the ground. I would not advise him to be throwing any fruity TKD kicks though. haha.

I dont think he is an easy meal for little Mark. Which is why he is thinking about it, I bet. 

Hmm didn’t see that. 

It changes things certainly and makes it more interesting. If Elon’s able to get his hands on Mark with all that weigh behind him any takedown would probably hurt/wind Mark. 

I think some wrestling would help Elon. Especially with the size difference and mixed in with some BBJ. 

But get those fitness levels up. Marky gonna be moving around constantly on his feet and won’t tire out as easy. 

• Cheers 1