The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | April (10-16) 2022

Rate this topic

So the Wild decide to throw the game…

Wonder if Bettman gave them a call. Gotta have a California market in the playoffs after all. :picard: 

EDIT: well looks like I spoke too soon l. :lol:

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So the Wild decide to throw the game…

Wonder if Bettman gave them a call. Gotta have a California market in the playoffs after all. :picard: 

EDIT: well looks like I spoke too soon l. :lol:

Yeppers. Hopefully Minny does us a solid.

Edit: And Minny gets another one!

Edited by Iron Man

26 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Yeppers. Hopefully Minny does us a solid.

Edit: And Minny gets another one!

Yea didn’t see that one coming.

I thought it was game over after Fleury let in 3 goals on 6 shots. The Wild really turned it on after that.

Dallas and LAK down, surely Dallas will fight back against Chicago but all we need is one of these guys to go on a solid losing streak and you never know. Both are by far the worst teams in the playoffs right now, I think we'd do more damage against the top teams than these guys. 

25 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

I can’t bring myself to cheer for the Hawks. So instead, I’ll cheer against the Stars.

Boo Stars Boo

Gonna be tough for the Stars to lose with Tankinen in net for the Hawks…

Stars aren’t even playing that well Hawks are just brutal in their own end and in net.

51 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Dallas and LAK down, surely Dallas will fight back against Chicago but all we need is one of these guys to go on a solid losing streak and you never know. Both are by far the worst teams in the playoffs right now, I think we'd do more damage against the top teams than these guys. 

I don’t see them going on losing streaks after looking at their schedules. Maybe around .500?

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kings are in a free fall.  They will not make the playoffs.  

It's looking that way. Props to them and the coaching staff for even being in the hunt since nobody thought they would and  they have been hit pretty hard with injuries.

We're 6 back with a game in hand and 1 game to play against them. Hopefully we see the return of Pearson, Brock and Highmore next week,we're really thin on depth ATM.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Kings are in a free fall.  They will not make the playoffs.  

I don't think they'll lose enough for us to gain on them, I fully expect them to make it 

We're at the mercy of the out of town scoreboard at this point, I don't see us making it, we'd have to be perfect and that's extremely unlikely 

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I don't think they'll lose enough for us to gain on them, I fully expect them to make it 

We're at the mercy of the out of town scoreboard at this point, I don't see us making it, we'd have to be perfect and that's extremely unlikely 

Sadly it's unheard of to drop 6 points let alone in the last couple of weeks. They've got 8 games left so would have to go like 2-6-0 for us to realistically be able to catch them. Also they only have 1 game left against a playoff team so doubtful.