The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I gotta say, Borocop is one of my favourite non-Canuck players

Rate this topic

It all started when he was on Ottawa Senators at the same time as Alex Burrows.  I was naturally cheering for Ottawa with Burr there and started liking how much he gets involved in hitting and fighting.  

Then came the incident where he stopped/deterred a thief from robbing someone's car. 

Now I'm watching him on Nashville and he's doing the perfect role for that team.  He's a lightning rod for physical play, and really gives space and time to the rest of his teammates to make plays.  

He came back from a crossface to the mouth and fought before he even had a chance to get two broken teeth removed.  I should note that one thing that I didn't like about his game early in his career (and something that a few fighters got upset at) was that he always tried doing mma-style takedowns which could've been dangerous if someone's head was to smack the ice. It's nice to see that he's adapted to throwing his opponents sideways. 

Any other random journeymen players that you guys like?  

I love the old school guys, I love guys with no visors just like I grew up watching, I love the toughness and how badass it looked seeing dudes skate around looking like warriors back in the day.  I'm talking early-mid 2000's

I love what Pat Maroon does

Kassian has awesome old school style

Edited by King Loui
  • Cheers 1

Boro seems like a stand up guy. When he was in Ottawa he had 2 tickets to every game reserved for Veterans from SoldierOn! and their families.

I like throwback blueliners and big, tough bottom 6 players who can play a regular shift.

Tanner Jeannot from Nashville is a guy i'd want a whole team of. 

As for obscure/throwback D men, I enjoy watching Nikita Zadorov and Radko Gudas. Guys who hit like a truck and play with an edge. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

Boro seems like a stand up guy. When he was in Ottawa he had 2 tickets to every game reserved for Veterans from SoldierOn! and their families.

I like throwback blueliners and big, tough bottom 6 players who can play a regular shift.

As for obscure/throwback D men, I enjoy watching Nikita Zadorov and Radko Gudas. Guys who hit like a truck and play with an edge. 

I would trade our 1st round pick in 2022 in an instant for Tanner Jeanot. Such a good player! 

I watched the Minny - Nashville game last week and Minny went in trying to intimidate the Preds and in the end got their asses kicked and went home with a 5-1 loss or something embarrassing like that. 

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I would trade our 1st round pick in 2022 in an instant for Tanner Jeanot. Such a good player! 

I watched the Minny - Nashville game last week and Minny went in trying to intimidate the Preds and in the end got their asses kicked and went home with a 5-1 loss or something embarrassing like that. 

The Oxbow Ox, Baby!

Guy is nails and hope it brings in a new generation of fast power forwards with a mean streak.

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2022 at 8:18 PM, King Heffy said:

Cogliano - fast, versatile, incredibly durable

Maroon -  just the type of guy you win with.

Bortuzzo - throwback blueliner. 

What’s the reason behind this list of players? They all play for different teams :lol:

On 4/16/2022 at 7:54 AM, diesel_3 said:

Ohhh man look out for Tanner Frickin Jeannot.  I follow the hockeyfights page on FB, Nashville has a tilt featured almost every game they play.

Radko and Zadorov.....beauties.  

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, King Loui said:

Ohhh man look out for Tanner Frickin Jeannot.  I follow the hockeyfights page on FB, Nashville has a tilt featured almost every game they play.

Radko and Zadorov.....beauties.  

Zadorov will probably fetch 3 to 4 mil per year this summer, depending on how he does in the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Zadorov will probably fetch 3 to 4 mil per year this summer, depending on how he does in the playoffs. 

I'd love to add him but it would maybe mean a trade involving Rathbone which I'm more against  than adding Zadorov 

• 1 month later...