The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - VGK - Chi 3 way trade DiPietro and Boeser traded

Vancouver trades: Brock Boeser, Micheal DiPietro 

Vancouver Acquires:  Kirby Dach, 2023 Tampa Bay 2nd round Pick, Laurent Brossoit, Nolan Patrick, Daniil Chayka, 

Vegas Trades: Evgeni Dadonov, Nolan Patrick, Laurent Brossoit, Daniil Chayka 

Vegas Acquires: Jujhar Khaira, Micheal DiPietro, 2023 Chicago 4th round pick 

Chicago trades: Kirby Dach, Jujhar Khaira, 2023 Tampa Bay 2nd round pick, 2023 4th round pick 

Chicago Acquires: Brock Boeser, Evgeni Dadonov 

Vancouver does this to trade Boeser and get Dach who had a down few seasons and also has a smaller cap hit then Boeser and both being RFA’s with Vancouver needing another Centre and trading DiPietro as Spencer and Silovs have jumped him in Canuck goalie prospect rankings and take on Patrick and Brossoit as cap causalities and get Chayka in return 

Vegas does this to cut $7,500,000 from the cap and get a top goalie prospect, 4th liner and draft pick 

Chicago does this to get pure goal scorer and to trade Dach that has had 2 sub par seasons and Dadonov that is a great top 9 winger that can help with scoring and is responsible in his own zone 

Let’s hear everyone rip me for this proposal 

Edited by Odjick 4 Premier
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

OMG this is beyond silly. Probably the dumbest thing I've seen on this site in awhile ... and that's saying something. I guess I'm in if they throw in Gretzky, Lemieux, LaFontaine, Sakic, Yzerman, and Ken Danekyo.  

I like this proposal.  We get Dach.  He’s a big body and very smart.  Middle six guy and young.  Really like him. 

Vegas clears cap.

Chicago gets two goal scorers and they are instantly a lot better.  (Playoff potential)

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I like this proposal.  We get Dach.  He’s a big body and very smart.  Middle six guy and young.  Really like him. 

Vegas clears cap.

Chicago gets two goal scorers and they are instantly a lot better.  (Playoff potential)

Chicago are rebuilding - not even re-tooling but rebuilding.  Davidson alludes at a 3-5 year timeline.  He even traded 23 year old Hagel for 2x 1st round picks at the deadline.    This deal doesn't make much sense for them.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Vegas clears cap.

Me too lol. We get a dynamite player in Dach, a #3 overall, a #1 overall, a 2nd round pick, a 19 yr old ~ppg LD, in return for a horrible expiring RFA contract (value 3rd round pick) and a player not likely to play in the NHL. The second rounder alone would be pretty fair compensation. Throw in Chayka and Brossoit and maybe that's doable but totally in our favor. Forget about the other two.

This guy should have been getting zapped by lightning with every key stroke. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Vegas clears cap.

Of course you like it. It’s violently one sided in our favour. 

• Haha 1

In this forums a lot of us are criticizing Brock Boeser (and how he should) yet somehow in these proposals we expect to get Kirby Dach and a 2nd round pick in return.

Either we are bashing Canucks players or over valuing them relative to how we feel about them or what their actual value is.

This benefits only the Canucks and hurts Chicago and Vegas probably will get a deal for Dadonov for the other 20 teams non in his non-trade list.

• Cheers 1