The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - VGK - Chi 3 way trade DiPietro and Boeser traded

23 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

I know this trade would never happen but I don’t know why some on here don’t see Boeser’s value.

You can bet there is a club out there with cap space willing to take a flyer on Brock....personally think we sign him to a one year show me deal, or a modest term deal in the 24-26ish million range.   To make up for his QO the team could front load it a bit.    One year doesn't make a career, more concerned about his injury history more then anything else.    Scoring is important, and not easy to do in this league.    

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

You can bet there is a club out there with cap space willing to take a flyer on Brock....personally think we sign him to a one year show me deal, or a modest term deal in the 24-26ish million range.   To make up for his QO the team could front load it a bit.    One year doesn't make a career, more concerned about his injury history more then anything else.    Scoring is important, and not easy to do in this league.    

I’m thinking one of Bess or Garland is gone.  

• Vintage 1

Boeser's an interesting case in my opinion.

On one hand, he's a goal scorer and good complement for a team with a playmaker that needs that goal scorer. He's also only 25 and we could easily have yet to see his full potential. These are pluses on his value.

On the other hand, he's not exactly a multi-dimensional player. He's tried to be one, but he's not exactly a player you can place in multiple situations. He also comes with a hefty caphit. These are negatives on his value.

So I really think he's a player where it's not easy to pinpoint his exact value. He may be very valuable for a team or he may not be at all. He's niche and that's the problem when it comes to determining what we could get back in my opinion.

That being said, I think this trade's more wishful thinking than anything. We get much more than we give with this.

On 4/17/2022 at 2:22 PM, CaptKirk888 said:

I know this trade would never happen but I don’t know why some on here don’t see Boeser’s value.

People are getting stuck on Brock's QO.  I would be surprised if the gm hasn't signed him to

an appropriate contract during the offseason.  Everyone knows (including Brock) that his performance is undeserving of a +7.3 contract.  Hopefully it doesn't have to go to arbitration (as this usually becomes a bitter battle), but it more than likely that the Canucks would win.  I think he ends up with +/- $6m x 1-2yr term.  At that point the gm will determine whether to keep or trade him.

There will be other gms interested in Brock.  He has struggled this year (as have many during

Green's period), but he had a terrific season the year before.  He's a great sniper and teams

will pay to get him.  There are several teams that are very week on the RW and Brock

can fill that niche on a young developing or older contending team.

Edited by higgyfan

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

People are getting stuck on Brock's QO.  I would be surprised if the gm hasn't signed him to

an appropriate contract during the offseason.  Everyone knows (including Brock) that his performance is undeserving of a +7.3 contract.  Hopefully it doesn't have to go to arbitration (as this usually becomes a bitter battle), but it more than likely that the Canucks would win.  I think he ends up with +/- $6m x 1-2yr term.  At that point the gm will determine whether to keep or trade him.

There will be other gms interested in Brock.  He has struggled this year (as have many during

Green's period), but he had a terrific season the year before.  He's a great sniper and teams

will pay to get him.  There are several teams that are very week on the RW and Brock

can fill that niche on a young developing or older contending team.

I don’t see why Boeser would accept anything less than $6.35m on a short term deal.

The worst case scenario for him is club elected arbitration where the arbitrator gives him the lowest possible AAV.  That’s $6.35m.  He then gets to pick a 1 or 2 year deal. 2 years walks him to UFA status.  There’s not much incentive for him to take less on the same term when he can get more and come out as an UFA on the other side.   He’s young enough and only 1 season removed from a great year yo want to bet on himself in free agency asap 

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I don’t see why Boeser would accept anything less than $6.35m on a short term deal.

The worst case scenario for him is club elected arbitration where the arbitrator gives him the lowest possible AAV.  That’s $6.35m.  He then gets to pick a 1 or 2 year deal. 2 years walks him to UFA status.  There’s not much incentive for him to take less on the same term when he can get more and come out as an UFA on the other side.   He’s young enough and only 1 season removed from a great year yo want to bet on himself in free agency asap 

Well, if that's the case...sign and trade asap.

On 4/17/2022 at 2:22 PM, CaptKirk888 said:

because he is an unsigned RFA with a $7.5 M  QO

You remember how people like the Miller deal because he came with 4 years of cost certainty?

Boeser is not like that

Who on the Canucks would you trade for Brock, if he were on Chicago or Vegas

6 minutes ago, lmm said:

because he is an unsigned RFA with a $7.5 M  QO

You remember how people like the Miller deal because he came with 4 years of cost certainty?

Boeser is not like that

Who on the Canucks would you trade for Brock, if he were on Chicago or Vegas

Good question. I really don’t know. But it likely wouldn’t be major pieces. Still like BB tho. He is young and potential is still there IMO.

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Trade BB to the Habs for Romanov?  Habs add their second? 

I haven't really looked at the Habs roster, so I don't know how strong they are on the right side.

I don't think the Canucks would have trouble trading him, if he were signed to a decent contract.

I'm not sure where Brock fits in their plans.  There's several teams that would want him though.

51 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I haven't really looked at the Habs roster, so I don't know how strong they are on the right side.

I don't think the Canucks would have trouble trading him, if he were signed to a decent contract.

I'm not sure where Brock fits in their plans.  There's several teams that would want him though.

Montreal wouldn’t have any interest due to Boeser’s contract. Also, Romanov has been Montreals best D for long stretches this season.  Alf just knows I’m a Montreal fan and he constantly says crap to try to get under my skin in spite of the fact that I blocked him months ago. I’m actually surprised he was that reserved. I would have expected his typical “Montreal has nothing to offer except Suzuki and their 1st” crap 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Habs clearly need a sniper to play with some size (Bess is 210) to play with Suzuki.  They have Caufield, but he’s tiny and is a perimeter player by default.  So Bess is perfect for them

Bess for Romanov + 2022 second.

Habs jump at this.  

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Habs clearly need a sniper to play with some size (Bess is 210) to play with Suzuki.  They have Caufield, but he’s tiny and is a perimeter player by default.  So Bess is perfect for them

Habs jump at this.  

Boeser for Josh Anderson. 

Anderson would look great next to Petey.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Boeser for Josh Anderson. 

Anderson would look great next to Petey.

I dont think we need Anderson, tbh. Podz will be just as productive maybe as soon as next year. He's only 4 goals behind JA right now and just learning how to be more physical.

We should be looking to move BB (if we are moving BB) for defence upgrades, imo. 

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Habs jump at this.  

problem is cap space tho, MTL is tapped out for next year.