The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When is Schenn going to be rewarded with LUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE chants?

Rate this topic

MikeyD

Let's face it. The fans that go to the arena suck. They come up with the most boring chants imaginable (seven nation army chant, I'm looking at you), they rip off chants from other teams like the Ole chants from Montreal and generally have zero originality when it comes to coming up with anything of substance. 

They COULD have used the viking clap and it COULD have been unique to this hockey market, but nope! Too much work for our fan base! 

With that said, this fan base based off of all of the unoriginality of past and present players has done well with one thing and one thing only: yelling LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

And now we have one of the most physically imposing players we have seen in a long time in a Canucks jersey being the heart and soul of what this team represents in Luke Schenn and none of you unoriginal game-goers can think to chant LUUUUUUUU after he lays another devastating body check, protects his teammates or has a fight? This guy is literally doing everything and more you could want of him making less than a million bucks and you don't even have the decency to chant his name when he sparks the team and gets you out of your seat? Distasteful! 

I'm utterly appalled at the lack of respect you give this man. This guy is like Bieksa on steroids and it's about damn time he starts getting his LUUUUUUUUKE chants at home games! Put some respec on that man's name.

angrybird.jpg.6439a20f067e74e666b95f9a9a645409.jpg

• Like 2

You buried the lead partner.

I love Luke Schenn.  His fight last night was awesome.  Something that Canuck fans have been wishing for - pushback from a tough character who is also a team leader.

But you buried the lead.  You ranted about Canuck fans for a whole page before getting to your point.

Sure Luke should get his due from the fans.  Nobody disagrees with that.

They just disagree with you scolding all Canuck fans from your weird perch, for a page, before you got to the point.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Let's face it. The fans that go to the arena suck. They come up with the most boring chants imaginable (seven nation army chant, I'm looking at you), they rip off chants from other teams like the Ole chants from Montreal and generally have zero originality when it comes to coming up with anything of substance. 

They COULD have used the viking clap and it COULD have been unique to this hockey market, but nope! Too much work for our fan base! 

With that said, this fan base based off of all of the unoriginality of past and present players has done well with one thing and one thing only: yelling LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

And now we have one of the most physically imposing players we have seen in a long time in a Canucks jersey being the heart and soul of what this team represents in Luke Schenn and none of you unoriginal game-goers can think to chant LUUUUUUUU after he lays another devastating body check, protects his teammates or has a fight? This guy is literally doing everything and more you could want of him making less than a million bucks and you don't even have the decency to chant his name when he sparks the team and gets you out of your seat? Distasteful! 

I'm utterly appalled at the lack of respect you give this man. This guy is like Bieksa on steroids and it's about damn time he starts getting his LUUUUUUUUKE chants at home games! Put some respec on that man's name.

angrybird.jpg.6439a20f067e74e666b95f9a9a645409.jpg

I think it should be the Luke of Earl song 

sung to the tune of Duke of Earl

Gene Chandler - Duke of Earl (1962) - Bing video

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I love Luke Schenn.  His fight last night was awesome.  Something that Canuck fans have been wishing for - pushback from a tough character who is also a team leader.

But you buried the lead.  You ranted about Canuck fans for a whole page before getting to your point.

They just disagree with you scolding all Canuck fans from your weird perch, for a page, before you got to the point.

You just lived up to my post!!!!! 

For 42, you need to be a better fan!

:emot-parrot:

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

lede.

I dunno. I think it's too close to the Luuuuuuuu chants.

Also OP, if you want to encourage people to do this, don't tell people you're appaulled by them not doing it. You're just antagonizing people: pushing them away. Don't become a motivational speaker if this is how you're going to go about it.

Edited by The Lock

1 hour ago, tas said:

nothing like fans that actually want to make the team's players feel unwanted. 

a placeholder for a real fan. 

I don't care whether you think I'm a real fan or not. But he's a player who'll be 33 before next season is even half over, he's unlikely to be a long term piece here. Maybe we re-sign him, maybe we don't, but he's only got so many seasons left. 

I like Schenn, he's played way above his contract his season, but I've no illusions about what he likely is on this roster. 

55 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Shocked Pop Tv GIF by Nightcap

I Said What I Said GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I don't care whether you think I'm a real fan or not. But he's a player who'll be 33 before next season is even half over, he's unlikely to be a long term piece here. Maybe we re-sign him, maybe we don't, but he's only got so many seasons left. 

I like Schenn, he's played way above his contract his season, but I've no illusions about what he likely is on this roster. 

none of that is relevant. what's the harm in showing him some love while he's here? the guy has been amazing for this group. 

just more typical hypercritical naysaying from canucks "fans".

weak.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

none of that is relevant. what's the harm in showing him some love while he's here? the guy has been amazing for this group. 

just more typical hypercritical naysaying from canucks "fans".

weak.

He gets lots of love around here, most folks see the value he brings and what he adds to this team

Doesn't mean he'll get a chant 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

sad monty python and the holy grail GIF

• Haha 3

Just now, Coconuts said:

He gets lots of love around here, most folks see the value he brings and what he adds to this team

and yet if lucic gets loooooched in calgary, why shouldn't Schenn receive the same here?

just accept that you were being needlessly negative. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tas said:

and yet if lucic gets loooooched in calgary, why shouldn't Schenn receive the same here?

just accept that you were being needlessly negative. 

Probably, it was a rash comment. But I stand by what I've said about him being a placeholder. But yeah, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be appreciated while he's here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Probably, it was a rash comment. But I stand by what I've said about him being a placeholder. But yeah, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be appreciated while he's here. 

It Luuuuuuuuuuukes like you've smartened up here. I'm proud of you, Coconuts. You just went from one of my favourite posters on this forum to one of my favourite posters on this forum! Good job! 

Vhs Kiss GIF by vhspositive

Man I love being cringey. It brings me joy. 

• Huggy Bear 1

16 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Although, it would have been awesome if the Larcheiders were chanting while he was beating up Fat Benny

save the chant for when he is fighting

or 

when the hittie is having trouble getting back to his feet

Edited by lmm