The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Apr. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

If we don't make it in to playoffs, there's some icing on the cake.

We papered down Podz for Abby, so if the Canucks don't make the playoffs, he will be in the Calder cup playoffs. That immediately makes Abby deeper. He'd probably be the top player on that team. That could be fun to watch.

• Cheers 2

We only can get 95 points now and we lose tiebreakers. 

LA needs 3 points in 4 games. 
Nashville needs 2 points in 5 games 

Dallas needs 4 points in 5 games. 

LA is playing the Blackhawks. Game just started. Dallas is playing the Flames tied 1-1 second intermission. 

We’re pretty much almost done. Barring we win every game and one of LA/Dallas don’t get anymore points. 

The worst part about all this is the amount of crap we're gonna have to put up with from loser Canucks fans that think this team sucks because they missed the playoffs.  Will completely ignore the fact this team has spent most of the year playing .600 hockey, while also completely disregarding the fact they were coached by someone that had no business coaching an NHL team for the first 20 something games of the season.  I might need to take a break from this place until draft day.  Too many losers are gonna come out of their caves now.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

This team looks like sh!t without horvat.  

Yup. About the only positive thing about his absence is that perhaps his doubters (though quite a few of them flip flopped back into Bo fans) might now realize how effin’ important he is. 

I maintain that we are still in the playoff hunt if he’d been in the lineup.

Pretty proud of this team though. I’ll be at camp in October, like I always am…where hope springs eternal.

• Vintage 3

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Boeser floated like soft as hell, like bored Kovalev floated for half the 3rd period.  He outright sat with his hands in the air for like 10 seconds while his stick was on the ice looking for a penalty instead fo doing anything.

Myers was as soft as Kyle Wellwood without the hunger.  He allowed the screen on the 2nd goal, he allowed Fiala to waltz around him like a pylon instead of doing what a D of his size should have done and Chara stiff armed him.

This team out performed every possible aspect of such an awful start to the season but there's just far to much charmin in this line up that give up and float when it's convenient.

Glad JR and Allvin let the team play out the season.  They almost made the playoffs but it's time to start making the changes that need to be made.  This game was a scathing indictment of everything that is wrong in the line up and an almost to the person highlight of who and what needs to change.

Boeser is as good as he moves his skates. And tonight, he did not move his skates. Literally as you said, in the third period when the game was on the line he physically took the rest of the night off. Didn't engage in a single board battle, didn't try to open up ice for his teammates, didn't try to get open for a pass, just straight legged it as if he was playing the rest of the game going for a line change. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

The worst part about all this is the amount of crap we're gonna have to put up with from loser Canucks fans that think this team sucks because they missed the playoffs.  Will completely ignore the fact this team has spent most of the year playing .600 hockey, while also completely disregarding the fact they were coached by someone that had no business coaching an NHL team for the first 20 something games of the season.  I might need to take a break from this place until draft day.  Too many losers are gonna come out of their caves now.

Breaking out the old classics already?  

12 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

This team looks like sh!t without horvat.  

Honestly we would have been swept even if we made the playoffs because of the Horvat injury. Just not our year and we also have very weak D.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Moe Knows said:

OEL was -3..Schenn and Hunt even...Dermott +2...so ???

dont care about short samples.  OEL is better than Dermott and Schenn.  Actually I dont mind Schenn for the bottom pair....if they upgrade 4 d positions they will be better off.  It was Bennings biggest failure...almost 8 years and the D is weak.  He found good forwards, traded for guys like Pearson , brought in role guys like Chiasson and Highmore...but the D is brutal.

Our guys have given up on the year.  Only keep players who fight to win just for winning’s sake.  Guys we need juice, like making the playoffs, to compete are not what we want.  Four more games will tell us a lot.  Who stays, and who goes.

14 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

This was supposed to be the year we went all in for the playoffs. It was supposed to be different, with the miracle run we've been on. This loss just hurts. 

I never thought of that because I know we have a bottom 5 D. Aside from Hughes getting points the rest are mediocre.