The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Apr. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Lmao his big ass is exactly who we want on on our side in the playoffs. Want to move him? Ok, who's gonna replace him for 25+ mins per night.

You have the make the playoffs first.  That clown and his six million cap hit cripple our backend.

7 minutes ago, Darius said:

dont care about short samples.  OEL is better than Dermott and Schenn.  Actually I dont mind Schenn for the bottom pair....if they upgrade 4 d positions they will be better off.  It was Bennings biggest failure...almost 8 years and the D is weak.  He found good forwards, traded for guys like Pearson , brought in role guys like Chiasson and Highmore...but the D is brutal.

OK whole season OEL =9 QH +8 Dermott +4 Schenn +14

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Somebody more capable at far less of a cap hit? Plenty of defensemen in the league can eat up minutes for less than 6 mill. For 4 mill you can find yourself even one of those two way defensemen capable of not having the play die on his stick every time. 

Ok so who and what do we give up? We need 1 new top 4 dman entering next season assuming Myers stays. 2 if he's gone. These players don't grow on trees.

1 minute ago, Darius said:

awful take.  he was better than Miller tonight...

Boeser is a guy that they should trade to upgrade the D, but to single him out is ridiculous...

His play was absolutely worthy of being singled out. He was the only player who didn't even bother skating when the game was on the line. I'm okay with guys making mistakes, but not even trying and dragging down your line is absolutely worthy of it. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Green Building said:

Ok so who and what do we give up? We need 1 new top 4 dman entering next season assuming Myers stays. 2 if he's gone. These players don't grow on trees.

That's what the cap space is for. 

But we won't be able to move Myers anyways because nobody is gonna eat that contract. It'd be miraculous if we traded him away without eating half his salary. 

26 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Well looks like we won't be officially out till until the last 2 or 3 games. Not bad with our terrible start. 

Had Aqua listened to everyone and fired Green and JB 2 week earlier we would be in.  

I agree the Green mess lasted about 2 weeks longer than it needed to. The team clearly couldn't win anymore and there was no escaping the decision that was coming. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Sedinyoureyesontheprize said:

Please Someone explain why this team can play so good then so $&!# for periods of time. They look like two completely different teams. 

one oozes confidence and a never back down attitude and other is timid and indecisive.  

most frustrating part of it all. 

Exactly. And when they are passive and timid, they are usually second to pucks and chasing. The irony is that when they play without confidence is when they get scored on.

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We only can get 95 points now and we lose tiebreakers. 

LA needs 3 points in 4 games. 
Nashville needs 2 points in 5 games 

Dallas needs 4 points in 5 games. 

LA is playing the Blackhawks. Game just started. Dallas is playing the Flames tied 1-1 second intermission. 

We’re pretty much almost done. Barring we win every game and one of LA/Dallas don’t get anymore points. 

we are done, and we had to face Edmonton and Calgary too so we were kind of battling uphill. They lost easy games to NJ, Detroit and Buffalo so it was easy to understand how improbable it is for Canucks to make it and they did give it all and went 6-1-1. No way they could have gone 12-0 especially with back to back games.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Who’s cares who you have lumped into loser category. I am surprised you find yourself that important in here to say who is a loser and who isn’t. Way to be.

Nobody needs to care.  But there's some guys on here that I've bantered with plenty that appreciate my crap as much as I appreciate theirs.  

Not sure what you people are complaining about. I saw a lot of effort from our guys but at the end of the day, the Wild are the better and more skilled team. 

But this game is very eye opening in that Myers and OEL cannot handle speedy forwards. Myers went back into the same "Chaos Giraffe" like he did in bubble. OEL's foot speed cannot keep up with fast forwards. The only saving grace from the D was that Schenn was very solid even facing against fast forwards and Hughes was amazing as always.

When it came to the forwards, the thing I noticed the most was Boeser really cannot skate. The difference in speed comparing him to any forward in the Wild is vast.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

OK whole season OEL =9 QH +8 Dermott +4 Schenn +14

Moe is this algebra, what does this mean?  Do you think this D is good enough?   My position is that QH an OEL are the only D id keep.  Maybe Schenn for the bottom pair coz the guy is a warrior.  But everyone else can be upgraded on.  Goaltending and offence cover up a lot of holes on d.

Edited by Darius
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

His play was absolutely worthy of being singled out. He was the only player who didn't even bother skating when the game was on the line. I'm okay with guys making mistakes, but not even trying and dragging down your line is absolutely worthy of it. 

lol.... he didnt drag down any line tonight.  6 points in his 3 game back.  this is your subjective bias....  there were plenty players worse than he was tonight.  

1 minute ago, juggmon said:

You have the make the playoffs first.  That clown and his six million cap hit cripple our backend.

Ok, so in your mind Myers cost us the playoffs and he's gone. Who we getting to replace his minutes and keep in mind we now need 2 top 4 dmen.  

I'm all for rebuilding the D and have been bitching about our $&!# defensive drafting, but give your head a shake if you think Myers cost us the postseason.