The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another Legend Lost - Lafleur Passes Away at 70

Rate this topic

HKSR

On 4/23/2022 at 9:12 AM, johngould21 said:

Looking back at all these NHL greats and their scoring achievements, I really feel sorry for the goalies of those eras. How many goals do Bossy, Hull, Howe, and Lafleur, et al score in todays NHL? They look like stick men in the videos.

Do Hull and Howe really look like stick men?

Pin on Hockey Pictures Sixties and Seventies

Vintage Gordie Howe photo shows off his amazing physique - The Hockey News

3 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Do Hull and Howe really look like stick men?

Pin on Hockey Pictures Sixties and Seventies

Vintage Gordie Howe photo shows off his amazing physique - The Hockey News

The goalies sure did. The point I'm trying to make is the goaltenders in today's NHL are larger, and have much bulkier equipment. Some of the old highlights of Lafleur scoring goals does give me the impression that they were turned almost sideways facing a shot, as a reactionary goalie did back then. The goalies now are far more structured and positional.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:17 AM, Rick Blight said:

Nux, wasn't Bandito's next to Three Cheers on the North side of 11th Avenue across from the Fox and Firken?

There also was Coconut Joe's, the Manhatten Club and Stinky's that my faded memory can recall.

Yeah, & believe it was on the North side of street. The bar I met Guy was directly across..but I can't recall names of the bars on that side?

CoJo's I recall was nutz during the '88 Olympics. Heck, all Electric Ave lived up to it's name. Had some memorable timez there, indeed!

• Cheers 1