The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Dustin Brown announces retirement

Rate this topic

LA is the worst team i've seen win a cup and they did it twice.   Thought the first one was a total fluke - mostly based on Quicks Roy like performance ... then of off course they didn't make the playoffs and then of course they won again lol.   Also feel that Doughty was the most overrated D for 3-4 years because of those cups and a couple lucky goals at the Olympics ... to me Weber was a much better D and could of easily scored a couple too but didn't.    And EK was otherworldly at the time playing on some really bad to mediocre OTT teams ... 3 times in the top ten in scoring.   Cookes achilles' tendon stomp limited someone who was on his way to becoming something truly special.  

Dustin Brown.   He's a scumbag of a player no doubt.   But i do agree he's a scumbag most teams would be happy to have, just not at that cap hit lol.   A tiny little bit of Bobby Clark in him.   Losing in the first round after going to the final against a team that was supposedly going to be an easy first rep became a little more palatable given they went all the way.    I do have a modicum of respect for that.   But i still don't like them.   And i was actually rooting for them against MTL in 93.   That team made me no longer like LA.   Blake was awesome to watch with Gretzky.    Dionne and Taylor too.   These guys are a bunch of bums.    At least when Tyler Toffoli was traded they aren't nearly as ugly close up.     Blake becoming their GM is probably the only thing i like about them at all.   And that's still not enough.   LA and Dallas getting in is just the rub.   Loser points helped them get in back then too. 

Actually I think LA made the playoffs in between winning the two Cups. The 2012 run was quite dominant,

and in 2014 the team displayed a lot of character to come back from being down in two early series. Doughty

has had several excellent seasons, and he played well during both Cup runs.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. :rolleyes: