The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Apr. 29, 2022 | 6:00 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Last Canuck game until October (or early Sept for preseason). Ouch. Four months… I’ll be missing it. 
Let’s hopes this summer brings more:

- SIZE

- black skate jerseys

- sorting out whether to resign or trade Boeser and Miller and just get one done so it’s not a distraction

…. And let’s beat the snot out of the McChickenless Oilers tonight.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

I think this was a really good lesson for this core, they all seem to finally get it and are playing for each other and their coach, they all really seem to be having great chemistry, I certainly can sense it through the Boeser, Petey, Podz, Bruce interviews, heck Miller was gushing about the team and Van and yes it can be show but the mood is the best 2011 and frankly, we just saw the best regular season hockey/50 game stretch from our team since 2013.

Rumour is Boeser and Boudreau will be resigned and that Canucks know they need better bottom 6 depth and right side d man.

I bet Pearson is moved and we see 1-2 more signifiant d men brought in.Getting someone (not easy at all) to take on a top pair role with hughes would take a massive load off Myers and OEL and maybe we get even more from them with reduced load. There will be a market for a 2md/3rd pick for Myers but then we have to replace him and tbh, he is better then guys like Marino and Montour, but those guys would look good as a 2RHD on our team.

Good analysis. However, I have doubts about the team's ability to trade Myers. First, he has an NTC, so he would have to agree to the trade. Second, I don't think another team would be willing to take on his cap hit. The Canucks could trade him if they retain salary (and he agrees) but I am guessing that Rutherford's appetite for retaining salary is approximately zero. The Canucks have too much dead money already. 

I would like to trade Myers if it was possible. I think OEL would do better with a different partner. In fact, he did really well when partnered with Schenn. Playing with Myers, OEL has to focus too much on covering for Myer's offensive forays. That would be okay if Myers had more offensive success but the Canucks would be better off if OEL was the guy making plays in the O-zone instead of Myers. 

8 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Last Canuck game until October (or early Sept for preseason). Ouch. Four months… I’ll be missing it. 
Let’s hopes this summer brings more:

- SIZE

- black skate jerseys

- sorting out whether to resign or trade Boeser and Miller and just get one done so it’s not a distraction

…. And let’s beat the snot out of the McChickenless Oilers tonight.

I'm holding out hope for the return of young stars. 

9 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Good analysis. However, I have doubts about the team's ability to trade Myers. First, he has an NTC, so he would have to agree to the trade. Second, I don't think another team would be willing to take on his cap hit. The Canucks could trade him if they retain salary (and he agrees) but I am guessing that Rutherford's appetite for retaining salary is approximately zero. The Canucks have too much dead money already. 

I would like to trade Myers if it was possible. I think OEL would do better with a different partner. In fact, he did really well when partnered with Schenn. Playing with Myers, OEL has to focus too much on covering for Myer's offensive forays. That would be okay if Myers had more offensive success but the Canucks would be better off if OEL was the guy making plays in the O-zone instead of Myers. 

Are you sure about the NTC for Myers? I seem to remember there wasn't one. Edit. Modified NTC for next two seasons 

Edited by rekker

48 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Starting in July he has to submit a 10 team no trade list.   21 teams is quite a few dance partners.   For me - i like Myers and have no issue with his cap or keeping him on next season. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm with you Jim.

I loved Hartford Whalers back in the day so I have a soft spot for Carolina. 

Also agree with you on Rod. He was just my kind of player, one of the best utility guys to ever lace them up.You know I like guys that can play in lots of situations and have leadership. Turned into a great coach. Oh, and he's from Van Isl!

The Whalers had one of the best jersey designs in any league. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

About what? She ain't raining, she's Friday, the beersh are cold, and there's no snow.

Let er rip!

Freak!  It's still Friday!

I thought it was old Saturday Hockey Night in Canada; got burgers and corn on the cob and "air-fries" and lots of refreshments...

Friday!

I'm lose 'n it.

GO CANUCKS GO!

GUT CHECK TIME.

• Cheers 1

A little bummed out this is the last game of the season. No Canucks hockey for the next several months. What could've been if Green was let go last off season and Boudreau started the year with the team. It's been a lot of fun to watch. Here's hoping to a good game against EDM, set some milestones against that dirty, smelly, greasy Oil.  GCG!

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I love seeing these guys happy. look at brock. after the year and a half they went through prior to the organizational reset, it's such a breath of fresh air to see them enjoying themselves. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm with you Jim.

I loved Hartford Whalers back in the day so I have a soft spot for Carolina. 

Also agree with you on Rod. He was just my kind of player, one of the best utility guys to ever lace them up.You know I like guys that can play in lots of situations and have leadership. Turned into a great coach. Oh, and he's from Van Isl!

Whalers had one of the coolest logos in hockey.   Also why i was happy to see Babych... That guy had a Selleck stache his rookie year lol (Jets)..

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1