The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What do you believe is the prime reason we've missed the Playoffs this year?

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

What do you believe is the prime reason we've missed the Playoffs this year?  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you believe is the prime reason we've missed the Playoffs this year?   ............and yes, we know there are many reasons (if not all of the reason's shown) - but which one is the overwhelming one you would point to that you feel hurt our chances of making the playoffs the most?

They proved since BB took over, that they are good enough based on their record.

I still overall think Green is a good coach, but I think he tried to drill a still of play into them, that didn't fit the team chemistry.

Ultimately, that's on Green, but I think he'll get another chance somewhere to show he's learned from his mistakes.

All coaches have an expiry date with teams, and some good coaches have systems that don't match up well with make up of some teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

Too many choices for a poll.

But ultimately, if you think Green was a problem,  and JB re-hired him, after he himself was re-upped, then it has to be Aqualini's fault.   I have no idea how JB convinced him to not only re-sign himself, but then to re-sign Green as well.  Aqualini may be smart with real estate business, but he's not too bright with his hockey team.  And let JB manipulate him into thinking he had everything under control, with the dream of playoff money dancing in his head, after failing over and over, depleting value from the team over the years like a slow drip.  THIS TIME IT WILL WORK FRANK! 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, awalk said:

Just seems like the team isn't good enough yet. Not enough depth, star players took too long to get going, still missing some key pieces. 

I think it's hard to argue that the team isn't good enough.  Under Boudreau, the team was

55 31 15

The slow start for Pettersson especially could be attributed to lingering problems with his wrist injury last season.  I think it much more likely that coaching was the issue - that and Benning's inability to recognise that coaching was the issue.  Ownership made the right decision in booting them both as can easily be seen in the team's record since then.  Boudreau's record extended to an 82 game season would result in 106 points and a solid playoff spot.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Too many choices for a poll.

But ultimately, if you think Green was a problem,  and JB re-hired him, after he himself was re-upped, then it has to be Aqualini's fault.   I have no idea how JB convinced him to not only re-sign himself, but then to re-sign Green as well.  Aqualini may be smart with real estate business, but he's not too bright with his hockey team.  And let JB manipulate him into thinking he had everything under control, with the dream of playoff money dancing in his head, after failing over and over, depleting value from the team over the years like a slow drip.  THIS TIME IT WILL WORK FRANK! 

I wonder if Aquilini told Benning, he would not be allowed to hire another coach? 

Not many losing GMs get to choose coaches more the twice...

Edited by spook007
  • Vintage 1

Jb didn’t build or assemble  a strong or deep  enough team over the past 8 season we relied on insane goaltending every night.

green was a disaster 

JB should have fired last summer. Or really  3 summers ago. But green had no business coming back. 

Even under Bruce if it wasn’t for a goaltender standing on his head every night we wouldn’t have won many, really points to the crap job  Benning had done.  8 years of  stupid and it’ll take a couple to fix that. 

100% Jb /green not being fired last summer cost us this year and probably next year to. 

• Cheers 1

Green and Baumer staying a month too long. 

I wouldn't say we would make the playoffs had JB been canned in the off-season as any new GM would had never made the OEL trade and ran the team back for the cap space this off season. 

Don't think we would have made the playoffs with King Loui, Beagle, and Rooster.