The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Lightning win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2022 at 11:30 PM

On 5/15/2022 at 10:35 AM, rekker said:

Meh, Tampa was very average for most of it. This was not typical Tampa hockey. They were beatable. 

It was enough to get the job done.

Not only for the lighning, but for the whole NHL

The fan at 0:42 puts it the best...

Edited by The King of Kings
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, shiznak said:

When you only manage to let Kucherov, Point, and Stamkos score a combine 6 goals in a 7 game series. I think you take that outcome every time you play Tampa. 

Like I said, you have to give credit where it’s due. The Leafs played exceptionally well against Tampa. Cooper, Hedman, and Stamkos all praised the Leafs’ effort this series.

I think if they played against any other team (including Colorado), the Leafs would have made it out the first round. 

I disagree and won't let the Leafs off. Kucherov was brutal for the most part and looked like he wanted to be off in the Mediterranean. Most of the team looked to be unwilling to climb the mountain again to start the series. If not for Vas in game seven and parts of six, Leafs probably win. I think the Leafs failed to elevate their play. They were better, but not enough. Tampa was so avarage and beatable that it flattered the Leafs imho.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

14 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Pretty sure Babcock tried and he rewarded him by holding out for half a year in order to get that abomination of a contract.  I don't want that lazy floater anywhere near this team; he's just as much of a problem as his dad was.

I'm usually a person who is fine with 2nd chances... but we don't need any floaters. 

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I disagree and won't let the Leafs off. Kucherov was brutal for the most part and looked like he wanted to be off in the Mediterranean. Most of the team looked to be unwilling to climb the mountain again to start the series. If not for Vas in game seven and parts of six, Leafs probably win. I think the Leafs failed to elevate their play. They were better, but not enough. Tampa was so avarage and beatable that it flattered the Leafs imho.

A lot of the top tier teams looked beatable, in the first round this year.

Five 7-game series in the first round, the most since 1992 and it could’ve easily been 6, if Washington won one of their OT game.

Been so much fun listening to LOSER LEAFS' radio this morning.  Now the LOSERS are predicting a Kawi Leonard type acquisition (that brought the Raptors a Championship) to happen this summer to put them into a Cup.  Ha Ha Ha!!!  As if Dumbass knows how to make a deal like that.  

One scenario mentioned was Nylander returning Miller.  Not happening.  JR is too smart to want a loser floater double Flamingo.

The Leafs will trade Matthews for Chychrun.  So they will continue to be the LOSER LEAFS!!  :lol:

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

A lot of the top tier teams looked beatable, in the first round this year.

Five 7-game series in the first round, the most since 1992 and it could’ve easily been 6, if Washington won one of their OT game.

So this year I had to hear the pom poms about Toronto again. Keefe for Jack Adams talk, Campbell for Vezina talk, AM for Hart, Gio for trade acquisition of the deadline, Calder talk for Bunting. They had two games to close out on a tired looking team and didn't. Why would I let such hyped up personnel off the hook. Tampa was beatable, so do it. TO's stars simply can't elevate, Campbell is an average goalie, Keefe is an average coach. Maybe the talk should be of that, rather than excuses and "we were close" talk. Again, Canucks and personnel stepped up to beat St Louis. 

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

The thing with Reilly is he’s 220 pounds, and can skate great.  If he had the heart of Hedman he could be dominant.  Really is kind of like the “Tin Man”.  He fits in perfectly with M&M and Double Flamingo.  

possibly be better as a 4th line forward?

Doesn't matter how good your team is October-April if you continue to FAIL MISERABLY in the Playoffs like the Laffs!!!

Seeing the Laffs lose is my conselation prize of not seeing the Canucks win a Cup or make the playoffs, each year I get enjoyment in watching them fail time after time!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lol unreal. I mean I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. Regular season success has been good enough for that franchise for decades.

The biggest laugh I got from their exit interviews is Keefe saying if they had just gotten more points they wouldn’t have had to face Tampa.

Like really? You think that’s the issue. More regular season points would have equaled more success? 

First of all lets say they do get an easier matchup and manage to advance (no guarantee) does he think opponents get easier in the next three rounds…

I’ve never heard a coach of a team that was a so called contender blame the first round match up for the reason they didn’t have success. What a loser thing to say. Like if you wanna win the cup you have to beat teams like Tampa along the ways. The first round is your best chance to do that as you are still fresh and relatively healthy.

The amount of excuses and disillusion coming from that organization is astounding.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JimothyTimothy said:

Tim and Sid, Arash Madani melting down today after Dumbass and Shanaplan basically saying they're standing pat and were trying to suggest the team doesn't need to make any changes. 

They can't get out of the first round and they implied simply getting out of the first round is a success and they are close to that. Sounds alot like JB and 'just need to make the playoffs" attitude.

Very interesting to watch if you get a chance. 

Funny thing was they were turning the corner under Lamoriello.  Then they got rid of all the hockey people and made an unqualified imbecile the GM.  Dubas has pretty much undone all the progress that was made and gone full Gillis.  It's going to take them another decade to undo the damage he's done; they'll need to use multiple first rounders just to get rid of the bad contracts.

Even Milbury had some qualifications before he was hired by the Islanders.  Dubas simply should not have any hockey related position whatsoever.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Funny thing was they were turning the corner under Lamoriello.  Then they got rid of all the hockey people and made an unqualified imbecile the GM.  Dubas has pretty much undone all the progress that was made and gone full Gillis.  It's going to take them another decade to undo the damage he's done; they'll need to use multiple first rounders just to get rid of the bad contracts.

Even Milbury had some qualifications before he was hired by the Islanders.  Dubas simply should not have any hockey related position whatsoever.

Big mistake letting Hunter go and handing the keys over to Dubas. It will go down in history as one of the most wasted periods of talent in Leafs history when all said and done. Imho.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2022 at 12:36 PM, DeNiro said:

Lol unreal. I mean I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. Regular season success has been good enough for that franchise for decades.

The biggest laugh I got from their exit interviews is Keefe saying if they had just gotten more points they wouldn’t have had to face Tampa.

Like really? You think that’s the issue. More regular season points would have equaled more success? 

First of all lets say they do get an easier matchup and manage to advance (no guarantee) does he think opponents get easier in the next three rounds…

I’ve never heard a coach of a team that was a so called contender blame the first round match up for the reason they didn’t have success. What a loser thing to say. Like if you wanna win the cup you have to beat teams like Tampa along the ways. The first round is your best chance to do that as you are still fresh and relatively healthy.

The amount of excuses and disillusion coming from that organization is astounding.

That's pretty funny. TBay was too tough. The Laffers were lucky they didn't draw Carolina first round. Their forecheck would have finished them in 4 games. They couldn't go back to Boston because they're to rough. 

• Cheers 1