The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is the biggest stat if the season, in the first annual award for the ‘Stat of the Year’!?

Rate this topic

Phat Fingers

Biggest stat of the Year?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest Stat of the Year?

• Team Winning Percentage pre and post Bruce?
    • Games Played by Demko?
    • Man Games Lost?
    • Games played by top players?
    • Corsi?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/2022 at 12:51 PM

Rarely start a Topic.  Never started a Poll, so if I make an error, just help me correct it…

So here is a new idea for an Annual Award,    have never seen this particular award given out and I think we should name the award in honour the ‘Gilman’ award, for the ‘Money Ball’ cap and Analytics guy for Mile Gillis, or even better… 

Or even better, the ‘Gottfried’ in honour and memory of Gilbert Gottfried…. We can take another poll…. Lol? 

I was going to put Plus/Minus so Fred65 could vote, but I would then have to acknowledge again that he was right about OJ, and I think Video games an no sunshine is a bad way to train effectively in the Off Season, so we kinda agree on something… only kidding Fred65, have a great off season. 

The annual ‘Apollo Award’ for the most optimistic CDCer who posted here under that name, until he too grew depressed and renounced the CDC or changed his name.  

I nominate ‘Alf’

More Suggestions for any Annual CDC awards, the ‘Gottfrieds’ or the ‘Gilberts’?  

as for my vote for the ‘Stat of the Year’ 

Games Played by the top players for all positions.

Myers 82,

Miller 80

Pettersson 80!!!!!

OEL 79

Podz 79

Garland 76, (with his size, style of play and in our conference on a solid contract and can play a 200 ft game.)

Hughes 76.  

###Note this happened on the top three D men on the D corp with the most man games lost this year in the NHL###
Boeser 71 

Horvat 70

The last two, are also great stats.  Brock, because he played nearly a full season, and for Horvat, he rarely doesn’t play a full season.  

Both are really good for the club and the players.

Whatever off season and in season training and health regimes that are currently employed by the team are paying off. 

I think the Sedins are finding a welcome Audience and doesn’t another former team Iron Man own a gym or something?  

Games played…

Pettersson got 80 games in and grew stronger as the season carried on, he looks bigger and that would also coincide with his slow start.  

He bulked up this last off season.  

He was staying with the Hughes family and training with Brady and Quinn, eating US food. 

It worked.  But it took some game reps to adjust to the frame, that’s my theory, and it bodes really well for next year, as the last 3/4 of the year were all play games in minds in the Locker Room, according to Luke Schenn, who gets a nod with 66 gp, but 5 goals.  

He is a welcome player for as long as the club can afford to pay him.  

Phats.

Edited by Phat Fingers

Also, I am dyslexic so can an Admin please the ‘it’ in the Thread or Poll title, the. ‘if ‘ was supposed to be an ‘of’

in advance of the posters that roast me for the error… 

Award for best ‘Grammar Police’ can be decided at the end by seeing how many point it out and not anything else?  

Phats.. 

3 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Also, I am dyslexic so can an Admin please the ‘it’ in the Thread or Poll title, the. ‘if ‘ was supposed to be an ‘of’

in advance of the posters that roast me for the error… 

Award for best ‘Grammar Police’ can be decided at the end by seeing how many point it out and not anything else?  

Phats.. 

Hey nothing wrong with being dyslexic. People generally only attack grammar/spelling when they can't attack your opinion/argument.

I chose the difference in winning percentage between the Green and Bruce "eras". Team looked completely different when Bruce took over.

Just now, Phat Fingers said:

That guy looks just like my supervisor lol…

9 minutes ago, joe-max said:

The worst penalty killing in the history of the league under Green and Baumgartner: 64.6%

every time they were shorthanded was like:

epic fail GIF

I don’t disagree, but that was part of the Team Winning Percentage in a way,  they go hand in hand, like gravity and fat people on skate boards.  

I am happy the car survived.  It was just minding its business under it was hit in the back.  

Phats, not fats.