The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Rutherford offseason (Proposal/Discussion)

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

We can upgrade to better players like Nick Paul, and also use Walkers smart system. He got us back to over 80% on the PK. We can't afford to pay Pearson and Dickie for how little they bring physically. 

Who is easier to move:  Garland or Dickey/Pearson?  Bess we can just walk from.  

1 minute ago, KKnight said:

Miller is going to easily want a 6-7 year deal at 8-9 per I dont think that's the wisest decision. He might have another 3-4 seasons of good hockey left, after that he will probably drop off. 

Right but 6m for Boeser is? Even if Miller tails off at the end of the contract he would still be better than Boeser because he can do other things if his production dips. 

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Right but 6m for Boeser is? Even if Miller tails off at the end of the contract he would still be better than Boeser because he can do other things if his production dips. 

We don't have to agree, Boeser was nearly ppg player last year. I'm saying I think Boeser can bounce back and score 60ish points. I don't think he is a core piece anymore, but im not selling him off for just Artem Zub. 

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

What can Miller do well on the ice when his production drops off?  He’s not at all good defensively.  He’s proven to have a volatile temper when his offence isn’t going well and makes bad turnovers and takes foolish penalties.  Other than his production I’m not see much else Miller (on the ice) brings.  Yes, he brings a lot more than Boeser, but that’s not saying much.  

1 minute ago, KKnight said:

We don't have to agree, Boeser was nearly ppg player last year. I'm saying I think Boeser can bounce back and score 60ish points. I don't think he is a core piece anymore, but im not selling him off for just Artem Zub. 

If we could get Zub for Brock (and not add) that’s a friggin’ steal.  

• Vintage 1

Just now, KKnight said:

Let him walk for a song if you have to just don't re sign him please unless the number starts with a 4. 

• Like 1

I sure hope Vancouver doesn't sign Miller 29 to the big 8.5 million X 6 year deal..Big mistake as we have other younger players to sign and will be up against the cap.. Last 3 years of the deal will be the big anchor..Just like last 2 yrs of the ODL contract will be a anchor..

Trade Miller and get some young talented prospects back under 24 yrs old..We are not ready to compete with Colorado, Calgary, Edmonton,Minnesoda, but in 2-3 year with the right moves we could be fighting for top spot in the west..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

I sure hope Vancouver doesn't sign Miller 29 to the big 8.5 million X 6 year deal..Big mistake as we have other younger players to sign and will be up against the cap.. Last 3 years of the deal will be the big anchor..Just like last 2 yrs of the ODL contract will be a anchor..

Trade Miller and get some young talented prospects back under 24 yrs old..We are not ready to compete with Colorado, Calgary, Edmonton,Minnesoda, but in 2-3 year with the right moves we could be fighting for top spot in the west..

Well say hello to a Miller 8.2 x 8 coming this summer.  So it’s the last 4 years (not two) that will anchor us to the bottom of the league.  And just when Petey and Hughes are in their primes.  And thank our owner.  IMHAO he’s the own setting the direction.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Well say hello to a Miller 8.2 x 8 coming this summer.  So it’s the last 4 years (not two) that will anchor us to the bottom of the league.  And just when Petey and Hughes are in their primes.  And thank our owner.  IMHAO he’s the own setting the direction.

I sure hope no Miller signing for 8 yrs this would be the biggest anchor in last 4 yrs..

1. I think Bruce will be signed to 3 yr contract before Tuesday..

2. Will sign Horvat 6 yrs X 6.7 million before June..

3. Work on contract for Boeser 3 yrs AVV 6.3 million- Possibly trade in the summer..

4. Try and free up cap space move Myers retain 1 million) Move Dickinson retain 500,000--, Pearson..Try and trade Miller to LA, NYR, Colorado, Dallas for young prospects under 24 ..

I think management team will sign a few players outside North America this summer.. Big RD college prospect under 23..

Should be a exciting summer with Vancouver..

Future is exciting...Demko, Hughes, Petterssen, Horvat, Garland, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Rathbone, Lockwood, ( Boeser ?)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I sure hope no Miller signing for 8 yrs this would be the biggest anchor in last 4 yrs..

1. I think Bruce will be signed to 3 yr contract before Tuesday..

2. Will sign Horvat 6 yrs X 6.7 million before June..

3. Work on contract for Boeser 3 yrs AVV 6.3 million- Possibly trade in the summer..

4. Try and free up cap space move Myers retain 1 million) Move Dickinson retain 500,000--, Pearson..Try and trade Miller to LA, NYR, Colorado, Dallas for young prospects under 24 ..

I think management team will sign a few players outside North America this summer.. Big RD college prospect under 23..

Should be a exciting summer with Vancouver..

Future is exciting...Demko, Hughes, Petterssen, Horvat, Garland, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Rathbone, Lockwood, ( Boeser ?)

On the post game last night IMac said the whole Miller situation could turn into a big mess.  I sure hope we either sign him (which I think is happening) or trade him.  No way should it drag out.  He’s either here with a new contract or he’s elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

You don't walk away from a player like Boeser. What is going on? Am I taking crazy pills lol Boeser had a bad season. I don't see him as a part of the identity we want this team to embody going forward, which is speed. Saying that, he is still a very good player. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

much easier to move Garland of course, but Pearson and Dickie are the ones that have to go, and can be easily replaced with cheaper deals. 

11 minutes ago, KKnight said:

You don't walk away from a player like Boeser. What is going on? Am I taking crazy pills lol Boeser had a bad season. I don't see him as a part of the identity we want this team to embody going forward, which is speed. Saying that, he is still a very good player. 

Bess is an RFA.  We either take that gross QO (7.5) sign him to a longer term at less cap (3 x 6+) or trade his RFA rights.  And any acquiring team will have the same troubles.  And we don’t want to take back contracts.  We need cap room.  So it’s bye bye to Bess.  If we can get a mid round pick, that’s great.  

I think we see an RFA rights to Bess traded for the RFA rights to Kapanen.  

Then JR/Allvin sign Kapanen to a 4x 3 mil deal.  

Edited by Alflives

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

much easier to move Garland of course, but Pearson and Dickie are the ones that have to go, and can be easily replaced with cheaper deals. 

How do we move Pearson and Dickinson?  Will Ottawa take them?  

Just now, Alflives said:

How do we move Pearson and Dickinson?  Will Ottawa take them?  

I'm thinking AZ for Dickie, for future considerations. AZ won't be able to attract any free agents playing in an embarrassing college rink. 

Pearson? 7 team no trade list so dunno if Ottawa is on there or not. 

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I'm thinking AZ for Dickie, for future considerations. AZ won't be able to attract any free agents playing in an embarrassing college rink. 

Pearson? 7 team no trade list so dunno if Ottawa is on there or not. 

I'm throwing out Shea Weber to the Coyotes everywhere I can.

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Love Garland. He's such a gamer. He needs to be a part of this team going forward. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Love Garland. He's such a gamer. He needs to be a part of this team going forward. 

Other than Miller and Bo, who has the most trade value that has a significant cap?  It’s Garland.  

I wont be shocked to see a trade where Garland is moved for picks, just to clear cap room.