The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Canucks end of season media availability

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

After hearing how bonded they are, we have to try and keep as many guys as possible and not make too many JB-esque trades. As nice as it would be to trade a forward for a RD, I think just keeping these guys together for a full year with galvanise the team and trading one of the core will rip it apart.

This team has gone through a lot and the natural progression will be for them to put it all together next year and make the playoffs. Let them do that, and then the season after we trade/go in for bigger pieces to make a serious push.

I've been saying this for awhile....these guys have gone through hell and back together and that creates bonds that can translate on ice, not just off. 

As JT said" familiar". That matters because you start to know what the other guys will do...where they'll be on the ice. How they think. "Chemistry".

I'd hate to start messing with that too much. We've seen what they are building and it's a matter of allowing it to continue. Bruce has been huge and having him here is also really important in this.

• Cheers 2