The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Canucks end of season media availability

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

Not trying to start anything but the reporter carried on even when he saw it was uncomfortable. There were three other players at the podium. A genuine heartfelt question

could have been asked in private. Wrong place, wrong time, IMO. 

Totally agree.  None of our business unless Brock wants to share.  And even then it’s not the right setting for that kind of stuff.  It’s the year end, and talking about hockey.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  None of our business unless Brock wants to share.  And even then it’s not the right setting for that kind of stuff.  It’s the year end, and talking about hockey.  

according to iain macintyre on twitter, brock genuinely wanted to answer the question. as imac says, brock and his family have always been open with sharing about duke's troubles. 

Edited by tas
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

according to iain macintyre on twitter, brock genuinely wanted to answer the question. as imac says, brock and his family have always been open with sharing about duke's troubles. 

Not the format to ask the question though.  That’s a topic for a one on one taped interview, where there can be editing, and Brock can be prepared.  That was way too raw.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Not the format to ask the question though.  That’s a topic for a one on one taped interview, where there can be editing, and Brock can be prepared.  That was way too raw.  

I'd have to ask brock to know how he feels about it. you can be very emotional and also still be totally ok with the question. 

it would have been pretty easy to say nothing after quinn (awesomely, btw -- you can tell how much these guys care about each other by how quinn and pete both completely ignored the next question and had all of their concern focused on brock) said "next question".

Edited by tas
  • Like 1

top priority for this team is keeping the core together. 53, 40, 43, 35, 9, and 6. not finding a way by subtracting around the periphery will be as damaging as letting tanev (and marky and toffoli and stech) go.

I hear dorion is desperate for veterans, is interested in spending, and has his eye on a top 4 d. I like myers, but that $6 mil could be allocated more efficiently.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tas said:

I'd have to ask brock to know how he feels about it. you can be very emotional and also still be totally ok with the question. 

it would have been pretty easy to say nothing after quinn (awesomely, btw -- you can tell how much these guys care about each other by how quinn and pete both completely ignored the next question and had all of their concern focused on brock) said "next question".

Sounds like Quinn is becoming a leader of the younger group.  He sure is competitive. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Sounds like Quinn is becoming a leader of the younger group.  He sure is competitive. 

he's constantly gaining confidence, and it wasn't lacking to begin with. 

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Same with Pettersson and Miller, very competitive. They want to win, wherever that may be, so I hope JR/PA do this right.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Muttley said:

No doubt this group thinks very highly of Mr. Boudreau!

true- but we should remember Travis Green was re-signed because the player gave glowing exit interviews about Travis-at least JB said so.

Hope Bruce is back, heck of a coach, but anything said to the media, by anyone, should be examined  for intent.

A lot of what is said is just babble to fill air time, and story content.

• Upvote 1

Really hope they bring Chiasson back. Very underrated this year, able to play up and down the lineup, uses his size well, good in front of the net.

Thinking a couple of years, once Pettersson, Hughes, Dermott, Hoglander, Podkolzin and Lockwood grow and develop. VAN's going to have a real good team. They do need to clear some cap, and I have a feeling how they'll do that.

With playoffs about to begin, I can't wait to see the new and improved Canucks matched up in a Round 1 situation in 2023. I think OEL and Garland might cry with joy, just to get in.  Next year.  

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Really hope they bring Chiasson back. Very underrated this year, able to play up and down the lineup, uses his size well, good in front of the net.

Thinking a couple of years, once Pettersson, Hughes, Dermott, Hoglander, Podkolzin and Lockwood grow and develop. VAN's going to have a real good team. They do need to clear some cap, and I have a feeling how they'll do that.

With playoffs about to begin, I can't wait to see the new and improved Canucks matched up in a Round 1 situation. I think OEL and Garland might cry with joy, just to get in.  Next year.  

Agreed.  Offer Chiasson a two year deal at 1.1 per.  He clearly can still play at a high level and fits very well on any of our lines.

And he’s big.  

• Like 3