The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Support for Brock

Rate this topic

fanfor42

For all those people who want to trade Brock just because of the season he had, give your head a shake.  You never know what's going on in somebody's life, so you should never make assumptions thinking you know everything.  Going through what he has this season, must be so tough.  I will always cheer for you Brock!  You are a great person and my heart goes out to you.  Hope you spend as much time as you can with Duke.   

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Viper007 said:

For all those people who want to trade Brock just because of the season he had, give your head a shake.  You never know what's going on in somebody's life, so you should never make assumptions thinking you know everything.  Going through what he has this season, must be so tough.  I will always cheer for you Brock!  You are a great person and my heart goes out to you.  Hope you spend as much time as you can with Duke.   

yup all the ppl that are calling him useless trash all season.. i mean it's not like he changed his game and stopped hitting this season.. he's always been playing like this even in previous seasons when he was prolly the best player on the team. didn't see ppl call him trash last season or the season before? like plenty of players on this team had up and down season.. even horvat system was sub par until he went on a torrid goal streak at the end of season before injury. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Hopefully this is a reality check for some people around here. Nothing wrong with criticizing a player's performance, but it's important to remember that they're human beings first and foremost, and a lot of people (including one poster in particular) went way overboard with their criticism, to the point where it was almost a personal attack.

oh there were plenty of personal attacks and insults on player especially beginning of the season.. heck there were personal attacks on hughes and so on until they signed their contract.. but the ones on boeser imo is was bias.. there was a point where he had 4 goals 2 assist in 6 games? and the games he didn't get a point in ppl were attacking him. heck even end of season coming back from an injury he had 8 points in 7 games and ppl nitpick and attack him whenever he doesn't get a point. 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

yup all the ppl that are calling him useless trash all season.. i mean it's not like he changed his game and stopped hitting this season.. he's always been playing like this even in previous seasons when he was prolly the best player on the team. didn't see ppl call him trash last season or the season before? like plenty of players on this team had up and down season.. even horvat system was sub par until he went on a torrid goal streak at the end of season before injury. 

I mean calling someone that behind a keyboard is bad no matter the circumstances. Sadly it had come to this, but I hope people stop trashing people online. It's still fine to criticize people on their on ice performance and product but going beyond that is always uncalled for. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I would still consider trading Brock though. Not because of him per-se but has to do with the circumstances surrounding his qualifying offer and where the team is at. 

So I wouldn't really call out people who wants Brock to be traded. 

That was rough by Kuzma and co. to bring it up but maybe they did it in a way to defend Brock's poor play and for the fans to see?

The media isn't always against the Canucks (the way it is in say Montreal), I wonder if the Canucks all know they're re-signing Brock, maybe even those close to the Canucks know this, and sometimes all these trade rumours build up and affect the team as well in which case the media's come out to almost try and defend him by excusing him for the season?

Regardless, tough time for him and it's good to see how Quinn and Petey helped him through it and look like they're really bonding over it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I would still consider trading Brock though. Not because of him per-se but has to do with the circumstances surrounding his qualifying offer and where the team is at. 

He had a tough season and still put up 20+ goals.  QO really shouldn't matter, cause if he is offered that, it's only for 1 year.  Won't break the bank.  I doubt he does that though.  But people are basing this trade talk on this season, which clearly, he has had some personal issues going on, which weighed heavily on him.  I would hope that this season is more of a blessing and that he'll sign at a lower AAV because of it.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

honestly i don't really care if we end up signing boeser to 1 year on his QO since we still retain his right the next season.. i mean unless the team is planning on something dramatic with the cap space.. and we can't really afford to sign any decent size long term deal anyways with Miller and Horvat still looming and there's plenty of useless cap anchor we need and should move out anyways ie dickinson and poolman.

• Cheers 1

That was not a very respectful way of the reporter to question Brock on such an emotional topic, especially at such a vulnerable time for Brock.  Feel really bad for him, i bet that was the last thing he wanted to talk about publicly.  I know as fans and as people we wish the Canucks all the best and to all their families but these kinds of topics are really none of our business.  Although probably unintentional Kuzma was out of line.  

That was hard to see with Brock and sharing how hard this season has been, off the ice with his dad. I can’t imagine how hard it would have been for him on the ice with everything that’s going on with his family back home. I hope he remains a Canuck. He’s a good player, just not worth 7.5M long term. He seems like a really good hearted guy. 

Does he deserve some criticism for his play? Sure, but all of the players do. But seeing him this morning so emotional - these guys are just as human. Sometimes we forget about that here in this market particularly. 

• Vintage 1

He had a tough season and still put up 20+ goals.  QO really shouldn't matter, cause if he is offered that, it's only for 1 year.  Won't break the bank.  I doubt he does that though.  But people are basing this trade talk on this season, which clearly, he has had some personal issues going on, which weighed heavily on him.  I would hope that this season is more of a blessing and that he'll sign at a lower AAV because of it.  

It’s a good point. I think management will sign him to a decent deal. 7.5M for that first year, and I think it could look more like 6-6.5M the rest of his contract, which to me, looks pretty good for him. 

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

honestly i don't really care if we end up signing boeser to 1 year on his QO since we still retain his right the next season.. i mean unless the team is planning on something dramatic with the cap space.. and we can't really afford to sign any decent size long term deal anyways with Miller and Horvat still looming and there's plenty of useless cap anchor we need and should move out anyways ie dickinson and poolman.

This is it for me. Spend the extra millions on Brock for 1 year, then get rid of those scrubs who take up almost 5M of our cap.

7 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Everyone is going through something.  Dumb of kuzma to bring it up though.  Miss the days when we knew nothing about players families. 

Yes.   Know the media has a job, but i'm not a fan of the post and pre game media bonanza that for whatever reason the game has evolved into.    It's not necessary.    When Friedman was cutting his teeth in our circuit during the WCE era, he'd meet a player post game - we'd get a few comments about the game ... and that's it (on the way to the dressing room ).... Save the prize fight stuff for the playoffs.   Coaches maybe let them do it, but not every single game.  

And since we have an open line of communication - i also pine for the days that nobody had a clue what any of these guys made and everyone identified with a different player.   Ryan Walter.  Dixon Ward...   Or Tim Hunter.   Or whomever jerseys you'd see at the games.   Nobody cared about cap hits etc.   Know that it was a necessity once salary disclosure bumped salaries into the stratosphere....and there wasn't a site back then - but i bet you wouldn't ever see garbage " so and so" in the same sentence.   It's rude and not required even now.   Once they put on our jersey they are part of our team.   Trash, garbage .. that's not how a responsible fan should act.    You never know what's going on in any CDCers life either (my bad too)  ...  these guys don't need us peaking behind the curtain too much.   Brock ... well man that's really tough.   Wish him the best.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Viper007 said:

It's exactly what could happen.   Throwing yourself - all of it - into work when other things aren't so great worked for me for the better part of a decade.    That said who knows everyone responds to loss differently.    I think Allvin cleared the cap for Brocks QO... one year.   Might not even bother with his arbitration.    Is  1.25ish even worth the bother?   Trading him to MIN for sure is an option but i don't think Guerin would go for it.