The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) #15 Ryan Hofer WHL Everett Silvertips

Rate this topic

He was undraftedinto the WHL, signed with Everett as an 18 yr old in 2020.

Invited to Colorado Avalanche Camp last season..

Has been lighting it up , and playing rock em sock em hockey this season.

great skater, good shooter, nose for the crease..    and to be honest , can handle himself very well.

could be a good signing for any club in the Summer.

I wonder if he’s crossed the Canucks Radar?

2021 - 22 Regular Season EVT 67.    25 33 58 +30            

2022 WHL Playoffs EVT          5 .       5 3 8 +3.                  

not finding much tape on him, and what little is public, is ok ,  but not edited well.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm sure he's on the Canucks radar. Much like Ben King, Arshdeep Bains's Red Deer Rebels linemate, though, Hofer is technically eligible for the draft and that's why he hasn't been signed as an undrafted UFA yet.

He seems like a worthy gamble. He is the type of player the Canucks lack in the system (big centremen) and I think he could be a really interesting gamble. I'm not sure he'll be drafted but my hope is that the Canucks sign more undrafted guys to ELC's this summer to beef up the prospect pool like Hofer... they need to beef up the prospect pool.

I'm not super familiar with Hofer so I'm not sure if he's being seen as a late bloomer affected by covid delayed/paused seasons or if there's something else about his game that spooks scouts (if there's a weakness to Hofer's game, I suspect it's his skating).

Could be worth a gamble in the sixth or seventh round of the draft if he's still around...

• Cheers 1

• 2 months later...

I have to admit to not seeing anything of Dorrington..

but a few games (consistent in tenacity) of Hofer this past seasons had me thinking this young man had what it took to make an NHL team within 2 seasons of AHL level hockey.

He is hungry, and amped for opportunity, which is what Everett gave him.…  perhaps a late blooming, “Covid” effected player.… and also thinking a forward , would have the edge percentage wise to make the NHL club over a D man.

I will of course be watching our prospects this season,  and I hope Dorrington isn’t another  D prospect that dosent quite make it,  I hope the best for Jack.

If you have seen Dorrington play , I would be happy to hear your opinion Imm.

cheers.