The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Samuel Morin’s career is over due to knee injury

Rate this topic

30 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Who?  

He's a staple on my 4th lines in NHL22...I always seek him out for trade. I guess NHL22 will update and I'll lose him as my go to 4th liner.

EDIT: To clarify...yes, I use a defenceman on my 4th line.

Edited by ABNuck

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

If you don't know who it is, it says more about your knowledge than about the player...

well, I have to admit I don't know every player in the league, smart guy.  This Morin dude only played 29 NHL games, and he's 26, so this isn't really news. 

Poor guy just couldn’t get his career off the ground. 

There’s a behind the scenes draft special that the Flyers did somewhere on YouTube. They were debating whether to take Darnell Nurse or Morin, they picked Morin because size, so there’s a cautionary tale right there. Moot anyways I guess since Nurse was gone before Flyers picked.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

well, I have to admit I don't know every player in the league, smart guy.  This Morin dude only played 29 NHL games, and he's 26, so this isn't really news. 

He's 26, not 36.  To have a career ending injury at his age is sad.

Maybe if Hunter Shinkaruk who played just as few NHL games as Morin and drafted after Morin in the 2013 draft was forced to end his hockey playing career because of injury may have been big enough news?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

He was a high draft pick who played for Canada... but I don't get the impression you were genuinely asking for information on him. It seemed like you were asking "who?" the same way pathetic people comment on stories they don't personally find important as some way to diminish someone else. You're free to say that wasn't what you meant, and I'll be free to say I don't believe you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ABNuck said:

TBH, I'm sure a lot of folks don't know who he is. The fact that you would come on here to specifically say "Who?" is intentional to parlay the fact that since you don't know him, he must be a nobody. Otherwise, if your true intention was to really find out who he was, then you could use NHL.com, HockeyDB, EliteProspects, etc etc...literally 100's of ways to get that answer. So I think the reply was in response to your smart-a$$ comment...if you're gonna make 'em, you gotta take 'em.

EDIT: Oh, and it might not be big news to you, but it just might be to him and his family, and the Flyers fanbase. But I guess you're the gatekeeper and editor for all stories related to hockey? There's my smart-a$$ comment for the day...what you got for me?

someone is feeling some type of way.