The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) 3 big deals and 2 UFA signings= Canucks being a contender!!!! FACTS

On 5/5/2022 at 11:26 AM, Captain Cowbasher said:

Our final cap savings on these transactions equates to approximately 4.35 million. Not to mention we no longer have Luongo's 3.0 million penalty coming off the books to boot. With that money we sign UFA Andre Burakovsky to a 5.5 million x 5 year deal and Brandon Sutter to a 1.0 million x 1 year deal, as he'll be ready to go for next year and would be a huge part to our PK.

Ok here's the new look lines and I'm sure you'll see why this is exactly why we need to move these players that we hold so high, as the team becomes substantially better, and playoff bound.

Garland      Pettersson       Debrusk

Burakovsky    Horvat     Hoglander

Podkolzin     Zacha      Holtz

Pearson     Sutter     Lammikko

Highmore   Dickerson    Lockwood

Hughes     Severson

OEL           Marino

Dermott     Schenn

Rathbone

Burroughs

Keeper

The Canucks will still have around 5.0 million to play with if they let Chiasson, Richardson, Hunt, and Halak walk.

Flame away guys, but I think you can see a more balanced team here. Faster, bigger, and more competent on the back end.

I thought we got a 2 for 1 deal and were paying for Holtby and Halak with Loungo money now to extend paying for goalies not on the team?

On 5/5/2022 at 11:26 AM, Captain Cowbasher said:

I haven't made a trade proposal on this site for a while, but there's no time like the present. With all the noise surrounding the idea of Miller and Boeser being signed or dealt, I need to step in and add clarity to this situation. You have to look at the big picture here, are our young players like Pettersson ready to be an everyday 1st line centerman or not. I think Petty answered that loud and clear with his performance in meaningful games from January on (one of the best producing players in the NHL). So with that established, Miller MUST be dealt prior to the draft to capture the absolute maximum value (the other thing to consider is that Miller wants to play back east- Facts). 

Trade #1:

JT Miller - C-(5.25 million) + Tucker Poolman-RD (2.5 million)  to     

New Jersey   for

Damon Severson - RD (4.16 Million) + Pavel Zacha- C-(2.5 million) + Alexander Holtz- RW (.925k)

The next component of our thought process takes us to Boeser. He's a good young player who, unfortunately, will never maximize as a Canuck. He needs to be closer to his home/family/Duke. My heart goes out to him, and I've always been a big fan. He's a great young man and he needs to be moved for his own sake. Minnesota cannot afford to take him on (that would have been ideal), but Pittsburgh is the absolute next best opportunity for him, playing with either Crosby or Malkin = Boeser scoring 40+ goals no doubt. I would be proud to watch him do this, there.

Trade #2:

Brock Boeser- RW- (6.5 million) + 2022 3rd + 2023 3rd to 

Pittsburgh   for

John Marino- RD- (4.4 million) + 2022 1st

Our final big deal revolves around the Canucks biggest (6'7") player. As I watch Boston struggle with the Hurricanes I can't help but think, they're really missing Chara. They really do need to make that deal for Jacob Chychrun, but they could also use Myers on the right side of their D as I believe Brandon Carlo will be what Arizona will be part of the package to land  Chychrun. Can you imagine a defense that bolsters Chychrun, McAvoy, Lindholm, and Myers. Very solid, very big, very capable.

Trade #3:

Tyler Myers- RD- (6.0 million)  to

Boston    for

Jake DeBrusk- RW- (4.0 million)

Our final cap savings on these transactions equates to approximately 4.35 million. Not to mention we no longer have Luongo's 3.0 million penalty coming off the books to boot. With that money we sign UFA Andre Burakovsky to a 5.5 million x 5 year deal and Brandon Sutter to a 1.0 million x 1 year deal, as he'll be ready to go for next year and would be a huge part to our PK.

Ok here's the new look lines and I'm sure you'll see why this is exactly why we need to move these players that we hold so high, as the team becomes substantially better, and playoff bound.

Garland      Pettersson       Debrusk

Burakovsky    Horvat     Hoglander

Podkolzin     Zacha      Holtz

Pearson     Sutter     Lammikko

Highmore   Dickerson    Lockwood

Hughes     Severson

OEL           Marino

Dermott     Schenn

Rathbone

Burroughs

Keeper

The Canucks will still have around 5.0 million to play with if they let Chiasson, Richardson, Hunt, and Halak walk.

Flame away guys, but I think you can see a more balanced team here. Faster, bigger, and more competent on the back end.

I think at most you get,  Holtz 20 top prospect along with Severson 27 RD #2 D man-- say  3rd rounder 2023

On 5/6/2022 at 12:26 AM, eeeeergh said:

Oh my first choice is keeping both Miller and Boeser. I don't think we need to move them at all in order to accomplish our goals. We can run 3 scoring lines much better with both of them. My ideal world:

- Keep Miller and Boeser
- Buyout Dickinson to save some cap
- Trade Pearson for a late pick
- Trade Myers to Dallas for a 3rd
- Sign Manson for 5x5
- Sign Colin Miller for 3x1

Garland-Miller-Chiasson
Podkolzin-Petey-Boeser
Karlsson-Horvat-Hoglander
Lockwood-Lammikko-Highmore

Hughes-Miller
OEL-Manson
Rathbone-Dermott
*Schenn, Burroughs

We'd have enough cap leftover to upgrade our top-6 from there too if we want to. 

Dude if Alex Chaisson is your first line right winger than you can go take a seat next to Jim Benning on the Bad GM bus.